• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight Officially Heading to Retail

Thoraxes

unnamedbau3u.png

http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/06/shovel-knight-physical-version-coming-to-a-store-near-you/

Hell yeah. I'm going to grab a physical Wii U and 3DS version. I already own it digitally on PSN/3DS, but this is too good to pass up.

Nice to see it's finally all official!

North America: October 13, 2015
Europe: October 16th, 2015

$19.99 MSRP

Available on Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, (PC – Europe only)

Pre-Orders should be live at your favorite retailer: Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, Gamestop, Amazon…you name it! To make as big of a splash as possible, and to let retailers know that they need to stock up, you should definitely pre-order now!! We’d consider it a huge personal favor; thanks in advance!

What’s in the box?!

The physical version of Shovel Knight contains everything we’ve released so far. First, there is the original Shovel Knight campaign with all the content you know and love! Also included is Shovel Knight’s first content update: Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows. Finally, there’s a full-featured Challenge mode with more than 50 crazy challenge levels to explore!

Of course, like the digital version, every boxed version will also receive FREE future updates as they become available:

• Specter Knight’s Campaign – A full campaign starring the shadowy scythe spinner!
  • King Knight’s Campaign – A crazy campaign with the gilded goob himself!
  • Battle Mode – Duel with up to 4 players as your favorite heroic or villainous knight! (Wii U/PS4/XB1/PC exclusive)
  • Body Swap Mode – Did you ever wish Shovel Knight was a lady, or Shield Knight was a dude? Well, now you’ll be able to change them all around, along with the rest of the cast!
Oh, and one more thing: every boxed copy of Shovel Knight will include a lavish instruction booklet similar to the Kickstarter reward. No 2-page inserts here! You deserve a full manual, to hold in your hot little shaking hands and pore over as you wait to get home!

On publishing:

Wait, but who is publishing the game?! We are! Yes, us! That’s right! The Yacht Club Games crew has joined the world of physical publishing. But we’re getting a big helping hand from our distributor U&I Entertainment, who will be shipping the game out to stores for us. They have done an amazing job with Telltale’s games like The Walking Dead, as well as Divinity: Original Sin, so we know they are up to the task! Fun Fact: they even shipped the original PlayStation back in 1995!

Sales:

It’s been a year since Shovel Knight dug into the hearts of people everywhere. Can you believe it? With more than 700,000 copies sold and over 100 awards including many Game of the Year accolades, Shovel Knight’s phenomenal success is something we never dreamed possible. Now, we’re ready to take the next step: into the REAL WORLD!!

Battle Mode and Plague Knight free DLC on the way. Plague Knight "coming very soon!".

battlesk_bkt8a7a.gif
plague_bookroominzh4.gif

Velcro Fly

Double dipping for sure

October 13 is going to be busy for me. Rodea and Legend of Legacy and now this.

Knew this was a real possibility when Best Buy and somewhere else put it up. Love this game and will support it even just to get that little cart in my card case

BedBison

Neo Member
Bought this on the 3DS when it came out, might double dip on the Xbox One version for the Battletoads as an excuse to get a physical copy.

The only reason why I haven't played/bought this game yet is because there was a rumor or something like that going around that a retail version will come out. Definitely day 0 for me. $20 is just icing on the cake.

Ventara

How does the 3DS version play? If it's good, will pick that up for sure. Kinda disappointed there's no retail Vita version, though.

phanphare

Banned
woah, $20? might have to double dip on this one

very cool that they did well enough to even consider a retail release, let alone actually go through with it

also props to Nintendo for giving this game a ton of visibility. I was going to pass on it because retro-styled indies ain't my thing but then I kept seeing awesome footage of it. having the developers on the Treehouse last E3 was really cool.

maxcriden

Awesome! Congrats to YCG!

I hope this means Plague Knight DLC and Challenge Mode DLC will be guaranteed to be out prior to the retail release. Psyched to play those, especially since Challenge Mode was inspired by the Challenge Mode in NSMBU. :)

Reebot

Wrote this is awesome. I've really wanted to pick this up for PS 4 and a physical release is just the way to do it.

I still need to play the game so this is a great thing for me, I just wonder if $20 = £20 when it really should be close to £15

Vitacat

Never played this game but hear its very good.

Would I be reasonable in thinking it would be perfect for 3ds? Not sure I need to play this on a big screen, and the extra 3d effects seem fun to have.

Evilmaus

That manual is extremely enticing.
I used to adore reading game manuals back in the day.
Already have the PC version, but certainly wouldn't mind double-dipping for this.

Fireblend

Banned
Never played this game but hear its very good.

Would I be reasonable in thinking it would be perfect for 3ds? Not sure I need to play this on a big screen, and the extra 3d effects seem fun to have.

I already said so, but it is my favorite version of the game. The 3D implementation is some of the best I've seen.

Pizza

DAMN I may double dip for the Wii U version.

But really it'll be quad-dipping since I bought the game for my dad and brother as presents.

Fuck

Surprised at the price since I thought it would be more. Even though I'm not going to re buy the game, congrats to Yacht Games! I know this is like a dream come true to them.

I was always tempted to buy it on the eShop but i don't want to support Nintendo unless they get with the times regarding their accounts. This is perfect for me, i'm getting the Wii U disc for sure.

Top Bottom