• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight Officially Heading to Retail

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Plague of Shadows will be released before retail hits.
plague_bookroom.gif

The wait for Plague of Shadows is almost over! This free update will definitely hit digital platforms BEFORE the boxed version. We’re in the home stretch and are polishing every detail, pixel, and potion right now. Check out some screens before the final version is released!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Just noticed: there's an update on its sales

It’s been a year since Shovel Knight dug into the hearts of people everywhere. Can you believe it? With more than 700,000 copies sold and over 100 awards including many Game of the Year accolades, Shovel Knight’s phenomenal success is something we never dreamed possible. Now, we’re ready to take the next step: into the REAL WORLD!!

No Vita version
yet
. I'm sort of glad because I would rather have a complete edition of Shovel Knight when all the DLC comes out. Hopefully a Vita retail copy is made by then with all the DLC in the cartridge.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Also, they're teasing Nintendo exclusive content incoming.

LogicGoat

Neo Member
Haven't got this game yet but sadly looks like there won't be a physical vita release.

Oh well, I'll get it digitally but I would've loved to have a box with a manual like the old days. =(

Santar

Nice that it's coming to retail as I prefer to get games on disc, but they really should have waited for all the DLC to be done so they could include it on the disc.
The game feels kinda incomplete without it when you know it's coming.

DooD1234

Already have this on Wii U digitally but will buy again for 3DS. The body swap idea sounds dumb but fun to mess with.

Drayco21

Shame there's no Vita, but I'll go ahead and pre-order the PS4 version later this week. Been wanting to play this, but was holding out for physical.

Neoxon

Glad they're doing a Wii U physical release. I was originally gonna just get the digital version, but then Splatoon happened. Glad I waited for this.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Well...I've already got the PS versions...but I've got money to burn, so I'll probably double dip for the PS4 and the 3DS version when all is said and done.

Peltz

I agree with those who said the 3DS version is the best version of the game. The 3D layering is absolutely superb and the sprites look way better in their native resolution on the 3DS screen than they do at 1080p on the console versions.

You can really tell that 3DS was the lead dev-platform for this game.

thefro

Does the Wii U and PS4 versions look exactly the same and output at the same resolution?

Both output in 1080p. Native resolution for the game is 400x240.

Right now the Wii U version has Digger's Diary, off-screen play on gamepad. Haven't read the update but supposedly they're teasing Nintendo-exclusive content (to match the Battletoads/Kratos on the other platforms).

PS4 has crossbuy (although not sure if that even works with a physical version?), the Kratos Boss fight and weapon, and the LED light on the controller changes color on one of the stages

I agree with those who said the 3DS version is the best version of the game. The 3D layering is absolutely superb and the sprites look way better in their native resolution on the 3DS screen than they do at 1080p on the console versions.

You can really tell that 3DS was the lead dev-platform for this game.

3DS isn't assured to have the local multiplayer battle mode whenever they finally finish that. Although they've made so much money off the game that they may hire a network guy to help with that at this point.

Jamix012

Right now the Wii U version has Digger's Diary, off-screen play on gamepad. Haven't read the update but supposedly they're teasing Nintendo-exclusive content (to match the Battletoads/Kratos on the other platforms).

PS4 has crossbuy (although not sure if that even works with a physical version?), the Kratos Boss fight and weapon, and the LED light on the controller changes color on one of the stages

I doubt the PS4 physical version is crossbuy.

Neoxon

Yup, Wii U version it is.

Top Bottom