• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight (PC/WiiU/3DS) Kickstarter by Yacht Club Games [Complete, ~$310K]

zroid

Banned
well

it's not my best work

but it gets the job done

hni_0043_mponqeld.jpg

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Shield Knight looks cool, I hope she ends up playable after beating the game!

Stage screens looking good too, mostly from the solid use of colors.

redcrayon

This is probably the game I'm looking forward to the most this year after Zelda LTTP2.

Shield Knight looks awesome- homage to Protoman from Megaman? Red colour scheme, shared background, unsure if friend or foe, large shield, possibly playable...

Got the Email to claim my copy, and I forgot which one I wanted in the first place! I guess I'm going 3DS. Love that 2D in the 3D. No other differences between the two copies right?

Shield Knight looks cool, I hope she ends up playable after beating the game!

Stage screens looking good too, mostly from the solid use of colors.

I'm wondering if the Gender Swap Mode is going to be a female Shovel Knight, or if it'll be playable Shield Knight rescuing Shovel Knight.

I decided on the 3DS version. Can't wait for this to come out.

batbeg

Got the Email to claim my copy, and I forgot which one I wanted in the first place! I guess I'm going 3DS. Love that 2D in the 3D. No other differences between the two copies right?

I'm probably way too late for this (unless it can be changed?) but isn't the 3DS version only going to contain the single player aspects of the game?

Anyway I went Wii U. Can't wait!

Sushigod7

I'm probably way too late for this (unless it can be changed?) but isn't the 3DS version only going to contain the single player aspects of the game?

Are you serious? I picked 3DS on mine but if it's gimped I'll take PC guess I better ask the guys. I'll post if I hear from them.

Regiruler

The dev hangouts have been going smoothly. From what I can tell, they have completely finished the Propeller Knight stage, are putting the finishing touches on the Mole Knight stage (if it isn't finished already) and are now working on Plague Knight's stage.

I find it fun to check in on the Pixel Time videos every once in a while to get sneak peeks.

Yuterald

Kind of a dumb question, but I need to fill that survey out before September, but I don't know how to gain access to it. I'm thinking I deleted the original email by mistake. Anyone know how to find this survey to fill out? I don't think you can receive your tier rewards without completing it. =/

Teppic

Kind of a dumb question, but I need to fill that survey out before September, but I don't know how to gain access to it. I'm thinking I deleted the original email by mistake. Anyone know how to find this survey to fill out? I don't think you can receive your tier rewards without completing it. =/
You should find it at the Kicktarter page when you're logged in.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Any chance the coffee table book becomes available for sale? I wish I would have pledged more. :(

Well that kinda stinks. I won't be playing the multiplayer most likely, so I'll trade it for 3D so long as there are no performance drops like in Bit Trip 3DS.

This game drops this month doesn't it?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Winter... is that more like november or february?

Teppic

No idea what I should vote for. I just know that I don't like Polar Knight because he's slow, and Black Knight because he's a clone.

Regiruler

All of the Director for a day enemies seem to be finished.

I think there were 4, them being:
Storm Knight
Baz Knight (done by super best friends play)
Hat Knight
Liquid Samurai (this is a standard enemy that was actually implemented fairly well)

All of the Director for a day enemies seem to be finished.

I think there were 4, them being:
Storm Knight
Baz Knight (done by super best friends play)
Hat Knight
Liquid Samurai (this is a standard enemy that was actually implemented fairly well)

Where did you find this info? Doesn't seem to be an update on their Kickstarter or their website, so I'm just curious. Also, has anyone heard any new tentative release date? I got the impression that it was pushed back to 2014 months ago (once all the extra modes and other such stuff got put onto the table despite some of the extra stuff not making it into the eventual initial release). I'd suspect at this point, based on the lack of new info, we're looking at late Spring at the earliest?

Regiruler

Where did you find this info? Doesn't seem to be an update on their Kickstarter or their website, so I'm just curious. Also, has anyone heard any new tentative release date? I got the impression that it was pushed back to 2014 months ago (once all the extra modes and other such stuff got put onto the table despite some of the extra stuff not making it into the eventual initial release). I'd suspect at this point, based on the lack of new info, we're looking at late Spring at the earliest?

At that point, I was following along with the pixel time with woz segments. I didn't watch the portion where he did the animations for Reize, so I didn't know he actually made the cut into the game (it was talked about early on but I didn't know Seizui, Reize's creator, was serious about it).

I wasn't aware they weren't going to use "knight" for the DfaD boss names either, then again I just conjectured the name based on what was being thrown around at the time.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
It's now missing March 31st and going into (likely) April.

This reminds me of another reason I like the Kickstarter model: I've paid for games so long ago that it almost feels like I'm randomly getting a free game. I need to forget this game exists until release date for an even better surprise.

It's now missing March 31st and going into (likely) April.

This reminds me of another reason I like the Kickstarter model: I've paid for games so long ago that it almost feels like I'm randomly getting a free game. I need to forget this game exists until release date for an even better surprise.

Is this their third delay now?

project update said:
This isn’t a major delay, or a long one; it’s simply a stretch of time to get everything polished and aligned.

I dig this blameless, zen-like language. Just a stretch of time, flowing by you like a river. It's almost relaxing.

Toppot

They need a bit more time, I'm cool with that, it is looking to be quite a big game for such a small studio.

Not forgetting all the post-release stuff that will go in after launch from reaching stretch goals on Kickstarter. Like 3 playable bosses etc.

flowsnake

Did they ever say they were trying to release on all platforms at the same time? Somehow I doubt the game has been caught up in Steam's rigorous certification process for 3 weeks.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think they are aiming to launch at the same time, so it's Nintendo holding things up.

Hell, they could release the DRM free copy to the humble page if they really wanted to.

But in terms of building hype, it makes sense to launch them as close together as possible.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
I think they are aiming to launch at the same time, so it's Nintendo holding things up.

Hell, they could release the DRM free copy to the humble page if they really wanted to.

But in terms of building hype, it makes sense to launch them as close together as possible.

Why would that be true? Can your provide any proof of that assertion?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Why would that be true? Can your provide any proof of that assertion?
Because Steam does not have a certification process. It could go up tomorrow if the developers wanted.

Nintendo, like the other console platforms holders, have a certification process that can take weeks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Haven't really kept up since the initial kickstart. Have codes gone out yet for Steam? I checked the humblebundle page or whatever, and it's still just my Broken Age code.

Top Bottom