• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight (PC/WiiU/3DS) Kickstarter by Yacht Club Games [Complete, ~$310K]

Articalys

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/yachtclubgames/shovel-knight/#chart-daily

WJnioWR.png

Awesome final five days.

Nabs

Thank you based youtube.

Game Grumps, Super Best Friends Play, Max, ENB, MvG, and the million others who came through.

ShaneB

Yeah, I completely forgot today was the last day, but I just got my contribution in via paypal, feels wrong though that I'm not a "backer"

Yuterald

I totally forgot to pledge during the kickstarter period. I just bought the $50 Wii U option from their Paypal link. I'm a bit confused though, I'm still getting all the rewards listed in that option, correct? I really want that physical case!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
maybe they overlooked it or something?

couldn't hurt to email or tweet them to ask about it.

I sent them a message through Kickstarter. I imagine that the only reason was because they had a limited number of slots and wanted to reserve those slots for Kickstarter, but now that Kickstarter's over, I don't see why they couldn't open it up again.

CDX

I just wanted to post these .gifs side by side.

4zxozIb.gif
xja0iUJ.gif

So I pledged in $15 on kickstarter. Do I get the 3DS version?

They're going to send you something sometime closer to the release date asking which version you want.

I totally forgot to pledge during the kickstarter period. I just bought the $50 Wii U option from their Paypal link. I'm a bit confused though, I'm still getting all the rewards listed in that option, correct? I really want that physical case!

yep you'll still get all the rewards through PayPal.

So @$50 you'll get the box.

Since the PayPal page is still up, that $60 pledge level with the Box & CD soundtrack is still tempting me.
http://yachtclubgames.com/shovel-knight-paypal/

BraXzy

Just made an avatar from one of the shovel knight posters, no one has this yet do they?

I'll challenge you to a shovel fight if you do :p

BraXzy

Welp, now this thread is boring until they release some new updates between now and the (hopefully!) September release date.

Someone should host a GAF Shovel Knight fan art competition each month.. I would but I don't have the spare cash to get a prize for people :L

Eusis

They still have to reveal the final bosses and let us vote for which 3 we want playable.
Makes me wonder if a 350k stretch goal might've been making ALL of them playable.

Though they could probably do that through DLC, $5 unlock for the rest.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This is a Kickstarter success story if there ever was one. Congratulations to Yacht Club Games.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Insane the amount of money they had pledged when you compare it to the sales of Dustforce. They still have the Steam/WiiU/3DS launch, and potential sales spikes to come along as well. Not to mention a possible Humble Bundle down the line.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Insane the amount of money they had pledged when you compare it to the sales of Dustforce. They still have the Steam/WiiU/3DS launch, and potential sales spikes to come along as well. Not to mention a possible Humble Bundle down the line.
Those were Dustforce profits.

Salsa

jost got a personal email from Nick Wozniak, addressing me by name and telling me that paypal backing has been available now, since I had asked a couple weeks ago and got a "working on that" response. I already backed but man these guys are truly paying attention to the community. It's really cool to see.

Gbraga

jost got a personal email from Nick Wozniak, addressing me by name and telling me that paypal backing has been available now, since I had asked a couple weeks ago and got a "working on that" response. I already backed but man these guys are truly paying attention to the community. It's really cool to see.

This is amazing, GOD I WANT THIS GAME

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Those were Dustforce profits.

Im not comparing this money directly to the Dustforce profits, but the charts preceding that. They didn't reach $300,000 in revenue until after their midweek madness sale. I'm saying Shovel Knight has already reached that before it's launched, and should still make plenty more at launch, plus the following sales.

scaffa

Totally forgot about this.. glad you can still pledge on the other site. I would like to get the Wii U version but im wondering if that key will work on an europe eshop account? Anybody know how they will handle that?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Super cool new awesome update!

t1w5Mhy.png

Towering over most of the Order of No Quarter, Treasure Knight is a tidal terror. A loner by nature, he rules the ocean as captain of the Iron Whale, a prototype underwater vessel. With his retractable anchor cannon and impermeable diving suit, he is at home on the seafloor, where he spends his days hunting down ancient relics. Just keep your hands off his hard-earned lucre... or you’ll find yourself floating home!

Pros: Can handle extreme physical and mental pressure

Cons: Greedy, unintelligible while wearing helmet

Maybe Treasure Knight is the reason Shovel Knight is struggling in the $300,000 treasure chest. Fight 'em off SK!

What an amazing design on Treasure Knight!

I love all the designs actually. It's the most charming game I've seen in a long time.

I'm very happy I backed this.

Salsa

shit im getting a 3DS in May

maybe I should change my pledge to get a 3DS copy as well.. but im not sure if I can do that with the paypal backing

Top Bottom