• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show off your Android Customizations thread

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
2MEq3.png

:)

Altazor

Proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy S (not rooted... yet), after fooling around with ADW and various widgets and wallpapers, this is what I have now.

Main (middle) screen:

ilWn6.png

and left screen:

NJPq0.png

I, uh, still have to "fix" the other screens, try to fill them with useful stuff that doesn't clash with the style.

Used ADWLauncher.Ex, Cosmox Wallpaper, PureCalendarPro, koveleski's AndroidPhone7 theme for ADW, Tajm, BattStatt.

Thaedolus

Maybe this is a better place to ask than the other thread, but my GF customized her Droid 2 today:

197054_547978371019_122800637_31702422_1000183_n.jpg

Anyone have advice on how to best get this fixed? She (stupidly) doesn't have insurance. She's also going into the hospital for surgery today, and will be there for nearly a week, so I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and pay to have it fixed for her since she's got so much on her plate right now. Le sigh....

(BTW I was doing a system restore in the picture because she thought she did have insurance and I was going to take it in, so I was removing Fission.)

MNC

Thaedolus said:
Maybe this is a better place to ask than the other thread, but my GF customized her Droid 2 today:

197054_547978371019_122800637_31702422_1000183_n.jpg

Anyone have advice on how to best get this fixed? She (stupidly) doesn't have insurance. She's also going into the hospital for surgery today, and will be there for nearly a week, so I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and pay to have it fixed for her since she's got so much on her plate right now. Le sigh....

(BTW I was doing a system restore in the picture because she thought she did have insurance and I was going to take it in, so I was removing Fission.)
Where did you download that widget? Looks really cool, and so real, too.
No idea, sorry :/ Send it in to Motorola?

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
OK then.

I have another problem.
I'm trying to download the Circle Battery Widget for my CM7 Desire but it won't install (not Gingerbread compatible?)

Can someone download the apk and PM a link to me please... please...

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Just rooted my new HTC Inspire, tried out CM7 for a few days but switched over to Android Revolution 3.0 for now. Havent noticed much of any performance differences despite CM7 running Gingerbread 2.3.3 and AR3.0 running Froyo 2.2.1.

Lock Screen:
snap20110306_042925.png

Homescreen:
snap20110306_042918.png

Im running LauncherPro and WidgetLocker with widgets: SiMi clock, BattStatt and some custom icons through Desktop Visualization. All in all Im extremely pleased with this phone and my setup so far.

the root is only required to do the screenshot. most apps that does screenshots require root access like shootme.

the apperence doesn't require root. it's just different widgets and launchers applied to them, that's all.

Altazor

macfoshizzle said:
the root is only required to do the screenshot. most apps that does screenshots require root access like shootme.

curiously enough, my Samsung Galaxy S isn't rooted and ShootMe worked perfectly. Maybe some phones need to be rooted for ShootMe to work, though.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Altazor said:
curiously enough, my Samsung Galaxy S isn't rooted and ShootMe worked perfectly. Maybe some phones need to be rooted for ShootMe to work, though.

Galaxy S has a native screenshot button combination you can press.

Altazor

Kinitari said:
Galaxy S has a native screenshot button combination you can press.

seriously? didn't know that. which one is it?

that's what happens when you don't read the tutorial included with the damn phone :lol

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Altazor said:
seriously? didn't know that. which one is it?

that's what happens when you don't read the tutorial included with the damn phone :lol

Press/hold back - then press the home button for the actual screen grab. Needs 2.2

Altazor

Kinitari said:
Press/hold back - then press the home button for the actual screen grab. Needs 2.2

wow, thanks! Yeah, I have 2.2 and I'm waiting for 2.3 actually... Samsung still hasn't made it available.

kehs

Banned
Does anyone know of an 24 hour analog clock widget?

I can't seem to find one, and my pops has been adamant about getting one.

PARANO1A

Homescreen:
a1ny94.png

Lockscreen:
2i1fivc.png

Music:
33nj2mo.png

Friends:
11kfse0.png

I'm really proud of this setup. Very functional and very stylish. Highlights for me are:
* The ROM has blue highlights which match the colour scheme of my homescreen.
* Menus are Android style - old MIUI had "iPhone" text menu lists which were a bit ugly
* Icon pack (not pictured) is SWG from the MIUI online theme manager (in the ROM)
* Boot logo (not pictured) is a simple but stylish animated Android from EliteProHD theme on the online MIUI theme manager
* Lockscreen has music control widgets visible/hidden by double clicking the "lock" - very cool feature
* notifications are hidden by default - my "apps"/launcher icon on the homescreen has a swipe activity to show notifications

All widgets are themed like the ones in the screenshots and from LauncherPro except for the music widget, and are all scrollable. I haven't posted my contacts, bookmarks or calendar/agenda for privacy reasons. My screens are:

1 - Facebook/Twitter from LauncherPro
2 - Agenda/Calendar - LauncherPro lets you switch between the two
3 - Main screen with clock, weather
4 - Music
5 - Contacts
6 - People

* Rom is MIUI-AU - www.miui-au.com
* Launcher is LauncherPro Plus, customised as the "Metro" theme from the XDA themed versions. More info at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=783427
* Clock is the Cowon D3 clock from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=892404
* Weather is Beautiful Weather 4x1 (homescreen is 6x6, this is resized to make it look better) with Yr-no theme.
* Music widget is Music Mod 4x4.
* Wallpaper is from the SWG MIUI theme.
* Lockscreen wallpaper - found it by Googling wallpaper resolutions on images :p can upload it if people really like it.
* Dock is from the XDA "Post your screen shots" HTC Desire thread. Can upload if anyone really likes it since I can't remember the link.

Love my Android!

Cheers all.

SmokyDave

All these screens with "SATURDAY THE FOURTH OF MARCH TWO THOUSAND AND TWELVE" and "SEVENTY FIVE PERCENT BATTERY" are making me feel sick. What's wrong with 04/03/12 & 75%?

Deadly Cyclone said:
Finally rooted my Droid X, so I can show off my screens! :p

Home Screen:
snap20110303_141331.png
This, on the other hand, is pure sex.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Lockscreen:

qJVoO.png

HomeScreens (From Left to Right):

kicGl.png

jWobv.png

Ienpg.png

BoLVg.png

Apple Icons...I know. But still, love my new setup. Hadn't changed it in a while.

womp

^ Have a link to that grass wallpaper? Thanks. :)

Here's mine (This week)...

0mikB.png

Nothing fancy...I need it functional though. heh.

Dedalus

Just updated to CM7 RC2 and re-did my homescreen, still working on my other screens:

lV4M3.png

SwitchPro widget
SimiClock
LauncherPro icons

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm trying to root my Nexus One using this guide/program thing and I have a few questions.

While I was looking through the different ways of rooting I see that the Android Debug Bridge is mentioned numerous times. Do I need the ADB for the root method in the link? Or do I only need the USB drivers?

Also what does he mean when he says "Make sure you DO NOT mount your SD card." How do I know if it's mounted, how do I unmount it?

Kamaki

Everyone has these super high resolution screens for their phones, while I'm rocking the tiny little Xperia Mini 10 Pro. Love the little guy.

Portrait
rjqAc.jpg
Q3jDo.jpg

Landscape
Ndm7E.jpg
wo4DW.jpg

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Okay so here is my current layout. Still want a different background but I stole the one posted earlier as it was better than my old one lol. Also tempted to just redo the whole thing once I get a good idea what to do with folders.

Lockscreen:
snap20110313_211338.png

Photos change every 5 seconds.

Main screen from left to right, middle one is my main screen
snap20110313_211859.png
snap20110313_211243.png
snap20110313_210637.png
snap20110313_211305.png
snap20110313_211328.png

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Anyone running any different fonts on their phones?
What ones are recommended and sources please?

I like the one posted above.

If your looking for a nice clean wallpaper, Simple Desktops is well recommended.
http://simpledesktops.com/

thespot84

navanman said:
Anyone running any different fonts on their phones?
What ones are recommended and sources please?

I like the one posted above.

If your looking for a nice clean wallpaper, Simple Desktops is well recommended.
http://simpledesktops.com/

I think the default google experience font is actually Droid Sans, and I like it so much I bought it and I've started using it as my default sans everywhere else, so I haven't messed around with it much.

EDIT: Great backgrounds site...

AndyD

aka andydumi
Hey guys,

I saw this case for my phone on ebay:
458281461_o.jpg

And I have been looking for something along those lines for a wallpaper not a case. Anyone have any good suggestions? Colorful, horizontal/diagonal bands that would make a nice sideways transition with screens.

Any help is appreciated.

Top Bottom