• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show off your Android Customizations thread

womp

I stopped using LauncherPro, it is a pig and has become a bit unstable on my X recently. I am now a Zeam user and although it isn't busting out with a zillion and one features, it's 800k vs almost 6mb in usable RAM that LPP was sucking up. Couple that with Colorize Widgets and Widgetsoid and LPP is obsolete.

Zeppu

To be fair, everyone knows LPP has become a beast which is why Fede is rewriting the whole thing from scratch to improve performance and allow for a greater feature set.

He's done fairly great stuff on it and I trust he won't disappoint when the rewrite is complete.

Davidion

womp said:
I stopped using LauncherPro, it is a pig and has become a bit unstable on my X recently. I am now a Zeam user and although it isn't busting out with a zillion and one features, it's 800k vs almost 6mb in usable RAM that LPP was sucking up. Couple that with Colorize Widgets and Widgetsoid and LPP is obsolete.

Is the gulf that huge?? I had no idea. I used to be a zeam user back when I was stuck on my cliq XT and it was impressive in that it ran with little issue on all android versions, at least back then.

I've been on Go launcher and while its feature set pretty much encompasses the best of ADW and LP, it's definitely a young product and I've noticed issues such as icon jagginess and massive resource leaks with accompanying lag on occasion. With home switcher, you can flip interfaces back and forth on the fly, so that's nice. But I'd sure like to find THE launcher that I can stick with and get rid of everything else for cleanliness.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I've been using LauncherPro Plus since it became available and have grown to love it, but if someone can recommend another product that uses fewer resources while still offering all of LPP's niceties, I would be open to trying it. The features that I use the most and that are most important to me:

-Scrollable calendar widget
-Scrollable dock
-Ability to overlay gestures on dock icons (for instance, if I swipe up on my browser icon, it pops up a list of my bookmarks so that I don't have to dedicate space on a screen to a permanent list of bookmarks; a simple tap just opens the browser. I LOVE this feature).

jayb

zesty said:
I've been using LauncherPro Plus since it became available and have grown to love it, but if someone can recommend another product that uses fewer resources while still offering all of LPP's niceties, I would be open to trying it. The features that I use the most and that are most important to me:

-Scrollable calendar widget
-Scrollable dock
-Ability to overlay gestures on dock icons (for instance, if I swipe up on my browser icon, it pops up a list of my bookmarks so that I don't have to dedicate space on a screen to a permanent list of bookmarks; a simple tap just opens the browser. I LOVE this feature).

are you using a separate app to display your bookmarks, or how do you do that? I'd like to create a shortcut that goes directly to my bookmarks. (I just use the stock browser if that makes a difference).

snacknuts

we all knew her
jayb said:
are you using a separate app to display your bookmarks, or how do you do that? I'd like to create a shortcut that goes directly to my bookmarks. (I just use the stock browser if that makes a difference).

In LPP, if you long-press one of the dock icons, select Swipe gesture action > Show Popup > Bookmarks. I have the same thing working for my SMS icon to swipe and show unread msgs. It's a nice feature.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
I cant for the life of me remember this live wallpaper, but here goes. I seen it at the verizon store on their galaxy tab. It could be pre installed, but not sure. Anyways, it's a wallpaper that is purple and blue in colors. When you press on the screen it's almost like a fabric where ir sinks down depending where you push. It's really simple but I love it and forgot the name of it. I can't find it anywhere it seems.

thespot84

Jea Song said:
I cant for the life of me remember this live wallpaper, but here goes. I seen it at the verizon store on their galaxy tab. It could be pre installed, but not sure. Anyways, it's a wallpaper that is purple and blue in colors. When you press on the screen it's almost like a fabric where ir sinks down depending where you push. It's really simple but I love it and forgot the name of it. I can't find it anywhere it seems.

light grid is KIND of like that

f0nz0

Jea Song said:
on my fascinate there's a live wallpaper called "luminescence" its kinda what you described, but it does have some pink in it to go with the blue and purple

Jea Song

Did the right thing
f0nz0 said:
on my fascinate there's a live wallpaper called "luminescence" its kinda what you described, but it does have some pink in it to go with the blue and purple

yea thats it. I really like this one, but guess its a galaxy only wallpaper. I got the Evo 4g

After fucking with the columns and rows settings to get my home page right I screwed up everything else forcing me to redo the entire phone. Here's what I came up with.

Edit: Minor update

Dazzla

IcebergSlim3000 said:
After fucking with the columns and rows settings to get my home page right I screwed up everything else forcing me to redo the entire phone. Here's what I came up with.

What widgets are the ROMs? Is that scrollable within the widgets? Does it load up the emulator when you click on the game?

Also what facebook widget is that?

jakeellis01

updated :D
jakeellis01 said:
Home Screen
5dnunl2nn1.png

Swipe Left
cr4n2garkm.png

Swipe Right (incl. Launch Pro Icons)
e0jtxrdg91.png

Dazzla said:
What widgets are the ROMs? Is that scrollable within the widgets? Does it load up the emulator when you click on the game?

Also what facebook widget is that?

Widgets were made with Folder Organizer. They are scrollable. When you touch the individual games they load right to the title screen bypassing the emulator menu. Facebook widget is from launcher pro plus.

snap20100911025522.png

Can anyone tell me the name of that wallpaper or where I can find it? I've tried searching with tineye, and looking throughout the pages of 4walled for it. Of course, to no avail. I have seen it asked for several times on XDA and it seems to go unanswered, so I'm wondering if the GAF community can help me.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Soneet said:
I finally switched to LauncherPro as I wanted that neat drawer icon that was posted earlier. After that I got carried away, but I'm done now. The result:

deviceX01.png
deviceX02.png
deviceX03.png
deviceX04.png
deviceX05.png
deviceX06.png
deviceX07.png

The SDK captured the wallpaper a bit strangely, but it looks great on my tiny mobile. Using mostly the same stuff as before, except for the following new things:

- Minimalistic Text
- Desktop Visualizer
- TypoClock (from XDA, not Market)
- WidgetLocker (not free)

If you wonder why the screens are so small: google "X10 mini". The phone is actually really small, making the themed smooth experience all the more impressive :)

Edit: I switched the Minimalistic Text widgets to Battstat and Tajm, because it almost double my battery life drain on stand-by. Too bad, I really liked that it was completely customisable and that there was a Dutch language option for it.

Quick Question, What do I need to do to have the Word on top of the page that describes what the page is all about like "Music Player". I have desktop visualizer.. .do I need to make the Image myself and then size it for the Droid X?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
im curious, is there a safe way to root the g2 yet? the visionary temp root option doesnt work for me, and im tired of using stock android and kinda want to try the sense ui used with the desire z

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Infernodash said:
snap20100911025522.png

Can anyone tell me the name of that wallpaper or where I can find it? I've tried searching with tineye, and looking throughout the pages of 4walled for it. Of course, to no avail. I have seen it asked for several times on XDA and it seems to go unanswered, so I'm wondering if the GAF community can help me.
More than likely originated from DeviantArt or flickr but never seen it myseld

Ok guys..My sister has a Mytouch 3g slide...What do I need to start customizing it...Btw If anyone has a Mytouch 3g slide I would love to see yours..

ShinNL

Malleymal said:
Quick Question, What do I need to do to have the Word on top of the page that describes what the page is all about like "Music Player". I have desktop visualizer.. .do I need to make the Image myself and then size it for the Droid X?
Yeah, it's just a Desktop Visualizer image. I just quickly photoshopped a template and made those titles. I did post the template earlier but it's for a my lower resolution phone.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Soneet said:
Yeah, it's just a Desktop Visualizer image. I just quickly photoshopped a template and made those titles. I did post the template earlier but it's for a my lower resolution phone.

Got it... makes sense.. so I basically have to do it myself once I know the dimensions/resolution for the phone and then I can upload it to my phone and make it an image that doesnt go anywhere.. thanks

Slizz

B1gg_Randall said:
Ok guys..My sister has a Mytouch 3g slide...What do I need to start customizing it...Btw If anyone has a Mytouch 3g slide I would love to see yours..
LauncherPro and Desktop Visualizer, then random stylish widgets that you can find throughout the thread.

//B1G

Banned
My EVO 4G running CM7/Gingerbread. Cool LWP called microbe; circles move around and interact to your touch, and even congregate to the little food particles that screen touches produce

5364356821_c789094315_b.jpg
5364357125_e0be1df5d8_b.jpg

oh, and the sprite opens the apps drawer 8)

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
I believe the microbes LWP was originally in the Nexus S, its also in the latest Nero ROMs for the Vibrant. its very cool

//B1G

Banned
I think it comes pre-installed with Gingerbread. I had just downloaded a bunch of live wallpapers today, but I don't remember installing that one. I don't remember seeing it installed any time earlier though, either. -_- highoul

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Surprised no one has posted the 'Sync Music' Android setting screenshot. Here's hoping!

GQman2121

Banned
I have Launcher Pro on my Incredible but I can't figure out how to crop widgets. It's only resizing and squashing them. I would like to use just the clock on Beautiful Widgets for my home screen. What am I not doing?

GQman2121 said:
I have Launcher Pro on my Incredible but I can't figure out how to crop widgets. It's only resizing and squashing them. I would like to use just the clock on Beautiful Widgets for my home screen. What am I not doing?

Cropping and resizing are the same thing. Long press on the widget then drag it your desired size. Keep in mind this feature is only available on Launcher Pro Plus.

ruxtpin

Banned
Hey Hey -

So... I've been browsing/reading the XDA forums and just recently rooted my dINC using unrEVOked3 (mainly because I really wanted the wifi tethering ability).

It's my understanding that flashing a ROM onto the phone is almost akin to giving it a new OS in a sense (is that correct?) And then, on top of that, giving the ROM you choose it's own visual flair is accomplished by whatever theme and widgets you pick?

If I am on the right train-of-thought, can anyone recommend the most stable and reliable ROMs for the dINC? And what themes might I like for if I prefer the simplistic/minimal ones? I get a bit overwhelmed looking through the XDA forums.

GQman2121 said:

Beautiful Widgets changed the way it gets resized a couple of updates ago.. making it unable for you to use the crop trick, unfortunately.

liltony822

Neo Member
RJNavarrete said:
Working with adw righ now .... its pretty snappy but feels slightly barebones. I'm probably going back to lpp because its snappy enough and has the messaging widget which I hold very near to my heart lol. Plus no widget overlapping is no bueno.

uFbuC.jpg
What icon set is this?

womp

Still tweaking and although some of those clean home screens are nice, I demand functionality. ;)

Running Liberty 1.0 with the Gala S theme and Arial font pack on my Droid X.

PvVlL.png
bOl85.png
[/IMG]

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
womp said:

This interests me. I've noticed LPP has been freezing my phone a bit. I switched to ADW Pro for a while, then saw Launcher Pro had an update so switched back (the LPP screen transition animations work a lot better than ADWs) and I am on LPP again now, hoping the rewrite comes soon.

So Zeam is good?

Top Bottom