• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show off your Android Customizations thread

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
IcebergSlim3000 said:
After fucking with the columns and rows settings to get my home page right I screwed up everything else forcing me to redo the entire phone. Here's what I came up with.

Edit: Minor update

5365598583_0ff15bb802.jpg
[/url]

What are you using for your news reader widgets?

Gin

i just want to say some of the stuff in here is amazing. i hope one day i will have the balls to root my phone and try to customize it

carlosp

Banned
Gin said:
i just want to say some of the stuff in here is amazing. i hope one day i will have the balls to root my phone and try to customize it

well you dont have to root anything to customize ;)

2 crappy photos. It's kinda hard to focus on the screen with my camera :(

It's not thaaaat great but I like it so far.

Homescreen
13ynguc.jpg

Overview over all screens
9rof81.jpg

used:
LauncherPro Plus
Beautiful Widgets + live wallpaper + animated wheater
battstat
SwitcherPro

Left Screen: Game shortcuts
Second: Apps and TaskPanel (Task Manager)
third: People Widget from LauncherPro
fifth: Astrid Fullscreen
sixth: CalenGoo and WinAmp
last one: app shortcuts

Copied a bunch of add-ons from previous posts. Been using this homescreen since the beginning of the year. Love the simplicity and functionality of it now.
2cdjtax.jpg

--Launcher Pro Plus (still seems smooth to me, although I only use 2 screens)
--Beautiful Widgets clock and weather. I have shortcuts set up so that tapping the time brings up the alarm/clock, and tapping the weather icon brings up 5-day forecast
--Dock Background ("City Glass") and custom LPP style icons from http://launcherpro.droidicon.com
--a prominent BattStat as I am an HTC Incredible owner
--3G Watchdog in the upper left corner as I use my limited 3G mainly for mail and news

womp

My latest....

Droid X with Liberty 1.5

pnVfc.png

I'm hardly an anime fan but a girl in a school uniform with a weird chainsaw won me over. Heh

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Deadly Cyclone said:
Beautiful Widgets has that clock/weather combo that is similar to Sense. I assume that's what it is.

thats a nice looking sense clock. does anyone know the version of beautiful widgets has that clock?

womp

Parallax said:
thats a nice looking sense clock. does anyone know the version of beautiful widgets has that clock?
Just Google search Fancy Widget and side load the .apk. Free, small in size and does what you are looking for.

I would get a direct link but I am at work. :/

JCX

Anyone know of an app that has a 3G widget that works on an EVO? The one in beauitful widgets shows up, but doesn't work.

Circle T

JCX said:
Anyone know of an app that has a 3G widget that works on an EVO? The one in beauitful widgets shows up, but doesn't work.
I use SwitchPro. I have the data connection as one of my toggles, and it does the job quite well. I don't own an Evo, so I can't speak about this for sure, but it also list "4G Data" in its options, so it should work with the WiMax as well.

Orayn

kaskade said:
Nothing special here, I'm just happy I got CM7 running on my G2.
1. Were there a lot of "OH SHIT, IF I SCREW THIS UP I'M GOING TO BRICK MY PHONE!" steps in the whole root/installation process?
2. Is there perhaps a version that maintains the gray/silver color scheme from Froyo?

macfoshizzle said:
nice.. i got my atrix not too long ago too.

what are you using for ur feeds widget there?

As Slizz said, Minimal RSS for Engadget and AC

Scrollable News Widget for BBC. This one is good, I configure it to display me the top 20 news feeds and I can scroll through them.

You do need a launcher that supports scrollable widgets to use them though (I use Launcher Pro) right now.

cartoon_soldier said:
As Slizz said, Minimal RSS for Engadget and AC

Scrollable News Widget for BBC. This one is good, I configure it to display me the top 20 news feeds and I can scroll through them.

You do need a launcher that supports scrollable widgets to use them though (I use Launcher Pro) right now.

ah ok nice

that girl is i'm assuming it's your gf or wife? looks kinda like nat portman in that shot there

btw what screenshot apps are you guys using. shootme is not working for me.. says failed to connect to server. and yes, my phone is rooted

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
This is the current look I have going, I've been feeling... 'green' I guess.

15s0ha8.png

I'm not really good at this customization thing, still pretty new, can anyone recommend any icons?

womp

macfoshizzle said:
btw what screenshot apps are you guys using. shootme is not working for me.. says failed to connect to server. and yes, my phone is rooted
Screenshot is small, simple, and doesn't need a data connection to use.

macfoshizzle said:
ah ok nice

that girl is i'm assuming it's your gf or wife? looks kinda like nat portman in that shot there

It is Natalie Portman.

That is Turtle Photo Widget, it shows pictures from a folder and rotates them every 30 minutes or if I tap the pic.

I wish she was my wife. Before she got pregnant though

MNC

Fuck the last few posts are awesome; what's that misty forest wallpaper from?
I need to get an android device!

Slizz

abunai said:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1985152/Collage.png[IMG]

First time i've properly tried anything major on my Desire Z, pretty happy with the results[/QUOTE]

What Icon set and Clock widget are you using?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
IcebergSlim3000 said:
After fucking with the columns and rows settings to get my home page right I screwed up everything else forcing me to redo the entire phone. Here's what I came up with.

Edit: Minor update

[/url]

We ever get what news widget this is? I love how it shows 3 feeds separately.

Leunam

I got my Evo 4G a few weeks ago. It's my first smartphone ever so I'm really impressed as it is. I installed LauncherPro and I only have three home screens compared to the five with the default HTC Sense. Is this right? Just wanted some verification. Don't think I'll need five screens anyway.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Leunam said:
I got my Evo 4G a few weeks ago. It's my first smartphone ever so I'm really impressed as it is. I installed LauncherPro and I only have three home screens compared to the five with the default HTC Sense. Is this right? Just wanted some verification. Don't think I'll need five screens anyway.

If you go into Launcher Pro's preferences you can change it to up to 7 screens, along with a ton of other features. :)

Personally I am using GoLauncher until Launcher Pro is done being rewritten though.

Leunam

Should I mayhaps wait until LP is rewritten also?

Thanks. I haven't had much of a chance to play with settings yet since I only installed it some 15 minutes ago.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
navanman said:
Please tell us what your icon sets are and the various widgets.

Icons are called Black UPS, just google them or search over on the XDA forums for them.

Which widgets or what other stuff would you like to know?

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Deadly Cyclone said:

The 2 homescreen ones look ace. the circle battery and minimal style weather.
Whats your clock also, very unusual.

SRG01

Deadly Cyclone said:
Icons are called Black UPS, just google them or search over on the XDA forums for them.

Where is your background from?

Top Bottom