• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show off your Android Customizations thread

090310__smoothdroid_by_rjnavarrete-d2xxy5v.jpg

"]

LP Message
Picture Frame
LED Clock Widget
Pure Calendar
Music Mod
SwitchPro
Wireframe Icons
Custom Dock

womp

Four homescreens in order from left to right on my Droid X with leaked Froyo 2.2...

1MrTll.jpg
7vrZxl.jpg
wWJ3Fl.jpg
5r6JBl.jpg

The Twitter, Bookmarks and Calendar widgets are all courtesy of Launcher Pro Plus and are resized. 1st screen are Doggcatcher and XiiaLive widgets. 2nd screen is the Google News & Weather widget (Which was ripped out by Motorola and replaced by yours truly - Bastards), Tajm widget for the time, Switcher Pro for the controls, a few often used shortcuts which I got tired of swiping to get to. I also used Launcher Pro to remove their app names.

Dock is Launcher Pro Plus with a custom dock and icons I found via the Launcherpro forums and Launcherproicons.com.

Still tweaking. :)

BTW: Does anyone know where I can get a translucent version of the Google News & Weather widget (genie.apk)? That solid black background of the default one is out of place...I love the widget oh so much.

dejay

Banned
I may be dense, but is there a way to change settings in SwitchPro once it's up?

BTW, the hardware thread made me buy an Android phone and now this thread has just made me root it! Pictures shortly - clean and elegant is good, I'm loving how clean you can make the interface and all the tools I've needed are well under $10 in total.

(edit) Screens as promised. I'm not showing the left most pane - it only has a couple of world clock widgets up that I'm not happy with. If anyone knows of a decent world clock app or widget can you let me know?

Middle (home) and right panes...
kneZ8.png
CJ0dA.png

Background image if anyone is interested...
http://imgur.com/hXw2J.jpg

Dock icons - HERE - thanks Stat Flow (they look better on the smaller screen)

I'll probably try some custom theme, modded stuff next now that I've rooted my phone (seriously funny expression here in Aus). Still, it's amazing what you can do with just a standard phone - looking back at how it was just this morning I can't imagine going back. Indeed, I was going to get an iPhone after loving my iPod Touch, but I wouldn't jump from Android to that OS now.

Bit-Bit

I've kept mine as stock for a while now. You guys have shown me that there's so many beautiful ways I can be using my android.

PS. I love how easy it is to install custom roms on this thing.

dejay

Banned
jayb said:
Dejay, do you have link to that LP background?

Oops, I had thought it came with LP, but your post made me realise it had not. Too many downloads yesterday :D

From earlier in the thread - one file contains some nice text icons and the dock background in three stages of opacity.
SAUCE!

Maiar_m

RJNavarrete said:
Ua236.jpg

First time my niece ever heard music through headphones. She literally froze for the entire song :lol :lol :lol
How do you guys do to have your SwitchPro look like that? i can't find how to theme it...

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Maiar_m said:
How do you guys do to have your SwitchPro look like that? i can't find how to theme it...

The configuration screen comes up when you go to place it on the homescren. I don't know if it's possible to configure it once it's been placed. No big deal though just make a new one. I'm not sure what you mean with "look like that," but you can set the number of buttons, background transparency, color, etc in the configuration menu. RJ has 7 buttons, background set to no background, and the color set to black.

Slizz

I made a quick and basic GAF logo in the same vein as the LauncherPro style icons.
Feel free to use:
2z7oc4i.png

It's the right color even though it looks a little darker.

Maiar_m

Borgnine said:
The configuration screen comes up when you go to place it on the homescren. I don't know if it's possible to configure it once it's been placed. No big deal though just make a new one. I'm not sure what you mean with "look like that," but you can set the number of buttons, background transparency, color, etc in the configuration menu. RJ has 7 buttons, background set to no background, and the color set to black.
Having the latest version certainly does help ^^ Thanks.

JaseMath

RJNavarrete said:
Ua236.jpg

First time my niece ever heard music through headphones. She literally froze for the entire song :lol :lol :lol
What wallpaper BG are you using?

EDIT: nvm...I found it.

Weenerz

Banned
Bit-Bit said:
I just finished mine. I like the minimalist look that a lot of you had so I did the same.

snap20100904_201635.png

So jealous of this picture. It really makes my iphone background look 10 years old. It's like comparing Windows XP to Windows 7.

Won't be long till I join the Android family.

King Dork

Hey guys I found a BEAUTIFUL live wallpaper on the marketplace. DISCLAIMER : I'm the author of the live wallpaper :p .

So anyways, I made a live wallpaper of one of Hokusai's paintings, "Mt. Fuji seen through cherry blossom." NeoGaf feels like a place where Hokusai stuff is appreciated, so here's a screenshot and some QR Codes. It would be really helpful if you guys gave me feedback. If you like it, rate and comment. If it crashes or does something weird, let me know so I can fix it. I've already had one guy tell me it crashes on the Samsung Epic (he didn't tell exactly what happened, just that it FC'ed).

Free version has no customization options, paid version is 99 cents and allows you to change up the cloud, wind, and petal settings.

Screenie
springscreenshot01.png

Lite version (Free) QR Code
fourseasonsspringliteqr.png

Full version (Paid) QR Code
fourseasonsspringqrcode.png

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
womp said:
Four homescreens in order from left to right on my Droid X with leaked Froyo 2.2...

1MrTll.jpg
7vrZxl.jpg
wWJ3Fl.jpg
5r6JBl.jpg

The Twitter, Bookmarks and Calendar widgets are all courtesy of Launcher Pro Plus and are resized. 1st screen are Doggcatcher and XiiaLive widgets. 2nd screen is the Google News & Weather widget (Which was ripped out by Motorola and replaced by yours truly - Bastards), Tajm widget for the time, Switcher Pro for the controls, a few often used shortcuts which I got tired of swiping to get to. I also used Launcher Pro to remove their app names.

Dock is Launcher Pro Plus with a custom dock and icons I found via the Launcherpro forums and Launcherproicons.com.

Still tweaking. :)

BTW: Does anyone know where I can get a translucent version of the Google News & Weather widget (genie.apk)? That solid black background of the default one is out of place...I love the widget oh so much.

Wallpaper link?

dejay

Banned
King Dork said:
Hey guys I found a BEAUTIFUL live wallpaper on the marketplace. DISCLAIMER : I'm the author of the live wallpaper :p .

So anyways, I made a live wallpaper of one of Hokusai's paintings, "Mt. Fuji seen through cherry blossom." NeoGaf feels like a place where Hokusai stuff is appreciated, so here's a screenshot and some QR Codes. It would be really helpful if you guys gave me feedback. If you like it, rate and comment. If it crashes or does something weird, let me know so I can fix it. I've already had one guy tell me it crashes on the Samsung Epic (he didn't tell exactly what happened, just that it FC'ed).

Free version has no customization options, paid version is 99 cents and allows you to change up the cloud, wind, and petal settings.

Screenie
IMG]http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/8184/springscreenshot01.png[/IMG]

Lite version (Free) QR Code
IMG]http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2124/fourseasonsspringliteqr.png[/IMG]

Full version (Paid) QR Code
IMG]http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2774/fourseasonsspringqrcode.png[/IMG]

My phone won't run it - keeps coming up with "The application ....blah blah... has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" and a [Force Close] button.

Zeppu

Sheppard said:
I have seen some of you with the HTC clock in the vanilla Android setup. Where do get that from?

Fancy Widget. It had to be taken off the market because HTC sent a C&D to the creator but you can still find it around.

King Dork

dejay said:
My phone won't run it - keeps coming up with "The application ....blah blah... has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" and a [Force Close] button.

I just put an update on the marketplace. Rendering thread timing issue for you folks with fast phones. It should work now. My apologies.

dejay

Banned
King Dork said:
I just put an update on the marketplace. Rendering thread timing issue for you folks with fast phones. It should work now. My apologies.

It's not a problem - I only downloaded it to see what you had done and to bug test for you. I'm not a fan of live wallpapers. (edit) By the way it works well.

King Dork

dejay said:
It's not a problem - I only downloaded it to see what you had done and to bug test for you. I'm not a fan of live wallpapers. (edit) By the way it works well.

Sweet. I was rather afraid it might be a horrible mess on the marketplace, since I could only test it on one actual hardware (Droid). It doesn't seem to be crashing left and right as I had feared!

kiryogi

Banned
So I grabbed launcher pro and beautiful widgets. Gorgeous stuff! Using the black cashmere even. But I have to wonder now, for you folks using it. How's your battery drain? And is your phone never asleep even you tho turn off the screen?

HooDoo

The elegant theme is SO nice, that's kind of what I want for my HTC Desire. So elegant indeed.

That's what android phones should look like to be seen as a serious Apple alternative in term of UI.

ShinNL

First of all, thanks so much for creating this thread. I knew my phone was an Android phone but I didn't think it could be customized much because:

1. It runs on Android 1.6
2. The resolution is small

Why yes, you have guessed correctly: I'm a proud owner of the SE Xperia X10 mini.

I was getting a bit jealous of all your amazing screens, but I accepted that my phone isn't that kind of an Android phone. But to my surprise I found a video of someone running ADW launcher on this device. So I tried it and... it runs just fine!

So I hopped back onto the thread, this time trying to find useful information instead of just lurking the things I can't have. I got the wallpaper pack mentioned earlier in the thread, the battstatt battery indicator, lockbot, and the windows mobile 7 icon pack also mentioned earlier in the thread. Tweaked the ADW launcher and lockbot as much as possible to my liking and customized 2 screens to my liking (may add more later).

Result: (sorry for the crappy webcam shot, but installing the SDK just to take snapshots is a bit bothersome for me...)

MCPhoto_20100911_162351.png
MCPhoto_20100911_162406.png
MCPhoto_20100911_162426.png
MCPhoto_20100911_162437.png

I love this little powerhouse :)
Not rooted by the way.

Edit: video here.

I wanted to do something green, and the only photo I had was one I had taken a while back when I first got my cam. I'm going either pink or purple next though, so I will probably stop working on this one and move on.

2r60gtf.jpg

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Can anyone make me a PNG of the Gaf logo (no wording, just the circle logo), as well as any good icons for fantasy football apps or bookmarks you have found?

Slizz

Deadly Cyclone said:
Can anyone make me a PNG of the Gaf logo (no wording, just the circle logo), as well as any good icons for fantasy football apps or bookmarks you have found?

2z7oc4i.png

Does anybody here have experience with the Samsung Captivate? I'll probably be getting it soon and I'm wondering how it is. The reviews look good but I hear people saying that AT&T gimps their Android phones. Could somebody elaborate on that?

Top Bottom