• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shrek 2 Passes Finding Nemo In Box Office Gross, now highest grossing animated movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth C

Shinobi said:
Heh, the gold standard...it's my belief that the 600 million figure won't be touched for at least ten years, and the 1.8 billion figure might never be equaled. Funny thing is that nobody even cares about the movie now.

Primarily because it's shitty. All the overweight, lonely women who saw it 400 times each have since moved on.

Seth C

TAJ said:
>>>Why the fuck can't I find the DVD to Alladin?

Cause it isn't out till October, heh. Expect the works with this release, ala The Lion King.<<<<

Oh, man, that reminds me. Morning Report was infinitely worse than the original version of that scene. Thank God they had an option to watch the theatrical version on there.

Don't remind me. The home theater sound mix was fantastic though. Can't wait to hear Aladdin in sfantastic 7.1.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>>Oh, man, that reminds me. Morning Report was infinitely worse than the original version of that scene. Thank God they had an option to watch the theatrical version on there.

Don't remind me. The home theater sound mix was fantastic though. <<<<

The home theater mix works with the theatrical cut. Yay.

arter_2

see shrek passing nemo in the box office isnt that bad but will it pass its first day dvd sales becuase thats nemo's big accomplishment other than it being a kickass movie.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>>The best characters in the movie were the seagulls though! (as you can see from my Avatar)<<<<

Oh, those guys were animated by Victor Navone. He used to be a designer at Presto Studios, a local (San Diego, CA) game developer that went out of business recently.

arter_2

hey pdi and pixar are both great talented studios that are shaping american animation for the future. i just hope pixar actually creates a 2D studio so the style dosnt die.

Shinobi

Cubsfan23 said:
And its opening weekend was only 30 million

Haha yeah, that's the funniest part. It's box office performance was absolute lunacy, going against all grains of common sense.

Seth C said:
Primarily because it's shitty. All the overweight, lonely women who saw it 400 times each have since moved on.

That doesn't sound far off...at best I didn't really see what seperated it from the other 80 Titanic movies, apart from it's superior special effects and hackenyed love story. Had Titanic come out at any other time in history, I doubt it makes half that money. But hey, good for Cameron for getting filthy rich off it. I seriously do admire it's box office performance, even though I have no time for the movie itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom