• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - Season 3 of the hilarious Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melon Husk

If it's just a UI problem and their base is solid, NBD?

Wow Pied Piper is gonna have an awful launch.

It would make sense that the early adopters were not "members of the general audience", so to speak. I mean they don't even have a marketing team anymore so why would the world jump on their app overnight? Sure, it might happen in the show but it doesn't make real world sense.

iammeiam

I think my favorite part of that site is no sign of any kind of help/support anything on screen. It also really makes me want to see the iOS and Hooli apps they apparently launched at the same time, because I can only imagine how they translated that to mobile.

Everyone they sent the beta to are probly engineers. Of course they are going to love it. I bet it's gonna be hated tho once released by the public.

I thought Jared's woman were 'normal'? Are we to assume they're all nerds too or just saying nice things about the beta?

ampere

I thought Jared's woman were 'normal'? Are we to assume they're all nerds too or just saying nice things about the beta?

The girls he was dating casually are probably not the friends he sent the beta to.

He worked as Gavin's assistant at Hooli, he probably knows a bunch of techie people

iammeiam

The girls he was dating casually are probably not the friends he sent the beta to.

He worked as Gavin's assistant at Hooli, he probably knows a bunch of techie people

The Pied Piper website lists his employment history as Google, Nancy Pelosi, and Hooli, so he should have pretty decent tech ties overall.

Zapages

They should have done a public beta with more non-engineer/techie folks after their small private beta.

I believe Monica and the rest of company should have said that.

kiguel182

Programming nerds not knowing how to design an appealing interface is definitely realistic.

Hopefully people will hate it and they will crash and burn.

pieface

Surely it wouldn't take very long at all for them to create a "basic" user friendly way to compress files and an "advanced" way too (that gives you all the options in the picture)?

I'll be a bit disappointed if that hugely sets them back.

GRIP

Surely it wouldn't take very long at all for them to create a "basic" user friendly way to compress files and an "advanced" way too (that gives you all the options in the picture)?

I'll be a bit disappointed if that hugely sets them back.

Yeah, I don't see how they can go in that direction when there seems to be such a simple solution to the problem (Basic Settings/Advanced Settings).

neshcom

Banned
From the next-week preview:
It doesn't seem like the UI thing will be very big at all. Maybe a quick act 1 resolution if I had to guess. Launching the platform means more money so they can hire a UX person.

They should have done a public beta with more non-engineer/techie folks after their small private beta.

That's exactly what they're doing?

Big Head is beginning to get a little annoying now.

This is how I imagine Big Head voting:

"Who'd you vote for, Big Head?"
"The president. I was a little confused at first, but apparently that's what all the fuss is about. Can you believe there's a man named Hillary running?"
"Hillary Clinton is a woman, Big Head."
"Oh, she is? Cool, I guess I voted for the first woman president. At least I think I did. You're not supposed to mark the one you don't want to win, are you?"

majik13

Anyone notice Monica showed up in the covered up sweater too whens he visited the house? Lol. That was a reference to season 1 right?

Not sure I fully understand your sentence, but yeah first thing I thought of when I saw her sweater, was that its the same one she wore or was told to wear, when bringing bad news to someone. Something about people taking bad news better if the person is unappealing or something.

S02E02 it looks like.
DimwittedBruisedKitfox-size_restricted.gif

I doubt all of Jared's 'girlfriends' are in the tech community. I thought the whole "they only sent it to engineers thing" as well, until I realized Jared's list.

that guy fucks!

fuzzyset

I believe Monica and the rest of company should have said that.

I doubt all of Jared's 'girlfriends' are in the tech community. I thought the whole "they only sent it to engineers thing" as well, until I realized Jared's list.

norinrad

What an awesome episode.

Erlich works so hard to lose it all in the end.

The Hooli security guy, he was hilarious.

An those Catholic schools girls. I have known a few like Monica. :)

The Beard

I'm only on episode 4, but that scene where
they're all talking in the living room while Erlich (TJ) is ripping his bong and coughing his ass off
, was the hardest I've laughed at a TV show in a very long time.

This show is so good, I'm trying to pace myself because I'm going to miss it once the season ends.

spyder_ur

What is the general consensus around this season? I watch it weekly in a laid-back, Entourage-style sort of way and enjoy it well enough, but the jokes and plot are starting to get a bit repetitive and tired for me.

That website is pretty great though.

I recognized Monica's sweater from the season before, I forgot it's meaning but this thread reminded me thankfully.

Any one else notice
the disgusting spray coming out of Gavin's mouth when he was in full panic over the PiedPier attack?
The man lost all composure, which I thought was hilarious #relatable

Gilfoyle is the gift that keeps on giving. He stays slaying Dinesh. Milana Aleksandrovna Vayntrub looks so different on the show from the commercials she's in. I pretty sure that's deliberate.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
Any one else notice
the disgusting spray coming out of Gavin's mouth when he was in full panic over the PiedPier attack?
The man lost all composure, which I thought was hilarious #relatable

Yes,
i hope no one got sprayed with it, lol.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What is the general consensus around this season? I watch it weekly in a laid-back, Entourage-style sort of way and enjoy it well enough, but the jokes and plot are starting to get a bit repetitive and tired for me.

That website is pretty great though.

I watched the show weekly for the first two seasons, and then this season did a rewatch of the whole series between 3x02 and 3x03. I do feel like the top level narrative has lost momentum and felt like they've been trying to push the reset button while still trying to make progress... but I can't hate on devoting an episode to Spaces vs Tabs.

I was under the impression that Pied Piper was a program meant for businesses and the engineers from the beginning. I mean, what would the general public really need (outside of a few cases) with a compression program? And even then wouldn't separate programs be made for enterprise and the public?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom