• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - Season 3 of the hilarious Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invictus

Banned
Everyone they sent the beta to are probly engineers. Of course they are going to love it. I bet it's gonna be hated tho once released by the public.

v2f2njP.jpg

Holy shit! Monica was right about it feeling 'engineered'.

interface_large.jpg

Yep, definitely foreshadowing to what's to come for the remainder of this season. The general public isn't going to like this, but all of PP's tech buddies that they gave beta codes to didn't have an issue with it.

wbsmcs

Jared listing all the girls he knows in the background while Dinesh is trying to come up with a single name holy shit. Jared has been fire this season.

#MonicaWasRight

The old Pied Piper “flute player” logo was referencing the fairy-tale character and in no way was meant to suggest a sexual act involving either the mouth or ear of the figure depicted. Apologies to any who were offended, and the logo has been changed to our current green “PP”!
ROFL! greatest footer EVER!!!

NYR

Conterversial opinon - I've been disappointed in the show since the 2nd CEO firing. Seems to be a lot of wheel spinning and re-treading old ground with Hooli vs Pied Piper, Rivega vs Pied Piper, moving back to the incubator, Bighead is a complete moron, Bachman is poor, etc. Was hoping for more development.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Gilfoyle and Jared's lines in episode slayed me. The writing team, and the delivery by the actors is just superb.

Conterversial opinon - I've been disappointed in the show since the 2nd CEO firing. Seems to be a lot of wheel spinning and re-treading old ground with Hooli vs Pied Piper, Rivega vs Pied Piper, moving back to the incubator, Bighead is a complete moron, Bachman is poor, etc. Was hoping for more development.

The last episode was a little drab, but this one was awesome, IMO.

Next episode looks dope as all hell. This largely felt like a setup/ holding pattern episode and it was still really good too. I liked it. :)
And yeah, That website looks complicated as all hell. All people want to do is click a big button to store their stuff I would think.

Slacker

Jared continues his win streak. “When I was little, I used to pretend I shared a room with Harriet Tubman and we were always planning our big escape.”

Amazingly, that's probably not even top 5 on the weirdest things he's said list.

bachikarn

Everyone they sent the beta to are probly engineers. Of course they are going to love it. I bet it's gonna be hated tho once released by the public.

That is what I thought they were going to go with this episode, but yeah, maybe they'll do that in a future episode.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
All they'd need to do is make like, a "simple mode" with a cute UI, and "advanced options mode" that is togglable, and they'd be good to go right?

Lautaro

All they'd need to do is make like, a "simple mode" with a cute UI, and "advanced options mode" that is togglable, and they'd be good to go right?

Yeah (also align those fucking controls in that form ffs) but I can see the show making a big deal about it instead of just solving it with a quick patch.

zugzug

so i'm confused I thought the magic of this item they are making its a behind the scenes thing that users won't see, or in other words it just makes thing go faster...

bounchfx

Awesome episode

this is what I think as well, oh man. might give erlich a chance to buy his stock back if it goes low and then they put in a UX fix or something

edit: I like richards updated description too, haha. reads just like him.

Linius

That was a great episode. And yeah, the interface might be a bit too complicated for your average user. Looks like they're heading that direction indeed.

Next time you need to get away from a group, just say casually and with confidence "Gentlemen, I just realized that I’ve forgotten to take a shit"

Hasney

I have a slight fear that since TJ Miller is doing pretty well for himself right now, this story arc is to write him out for next season, at least as a full time character.

Other than that, everything is so fucking great in this show.

Next time you need to get away from a group, just say casually and with confidence "Gentlemen, I just realized that I’ve forgotten to take a shit"

It's the best get out phrase ever.

I can't feel bad for Erlich, the lady at city hall pretty much explains why I can't. I knew Monica was going to be right the moment we saw an ever so small part of the screen and how she didn't know wtf to do. Shitty UX always happens when you're entire team are a bunch of engineers.

diaspora

I can't feel bad for Erlich, the lady at city hall pretty much explains why I can't. I knew Monica was going to be right the moment we saw an ever so small part of the screen and how she didn't know wtf to do. Shitty UX always happens when you're entire team are a bunch of engineers.
Shitty everything but engineering/tech always happens when your entire team are engineers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom