• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

I don't think you understand what I'm saying?

1. The meltodwn was too sudden. By time I realized one was intimate, it was pretty much set in stone.

2. My education levels are all fine and I received no warnings as well.

3. If you want a "realistic" game, then expect highways to take years to build, long with any transit instead of instantly. When a disaster happens, it doesn't only just effect the spot it happened on. Everyone will leave your city and you're pretty much done, especially one like Godzilla. There's a fine line between realism and an enjoyable experience. The length of meltdown radiation bypasses this.

Godzilla? Pshhhh. Screw Zombies! I put the game into the background for a short period and went back on and I went from like 4k/hr into negative. My solar array was gone, airport, half my industries. A good bit of residential area and so much more from zombies devouring them =\.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Europa is unlocking it right now?

Hah, good luck to anyone trying to play anything before tomorrow.

I won't even load it up anymore today.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
It is downloading the whole game..like 12 gigs. Since the only thing it downloaded before was the launcher. Jeej for no pre load!

I know it says it downloads 12 gigs and everything, but...

ZRydy7N.jpg

They are using the highly scalable Amazon Cloud already and it does not scale at all :/

Stuck on "connecting to update server" :( It's funny how I do not get as many bytes back as I'm sending to Amazon lol (sending: 300bytes, receiving: 6 bytes)

ecnal

I'm just going to say, "Fuck Nuclear Power". It's outright broken right now.

You might as well abandon a city that had a meltdown, the radiation never clears up. I let it go 5 Sim years, and it didn't change at all (except one speck of high radiation would come and go, it was like 4 pixels in size).

same problem.

6 hours and ~170K sims later and my city was ruined in less than 2 in-game hours.

the city is perma-fucked. everyone is sick, and it's completely impossible to treat all of them because it's too expensive to run all the necessary medical coverage.

i ended up lasting ~2.5 years after the meltdown and none of the ground pollution receded.

Iam in my private map trying to claim a city and i cant do it. Thats a fucking great start EA.

Now theres a message that the Server crashed.

RoKKeR

I'm not going to say it's been worse than Error 37, but the launch has been abhorrent. I was able to play almost 12 hours yesterday without trouble (thankfully_, and damn did I have an absolute blast. Today, however, has been shit.

medze

My city rolled back but then I was able to play it some more. Built it up a lot then got some message about my city not syncing with the server or something which booted me to main menu where i had the choice to rollback my city or abandon it. Rolling back didn't work so rather than abandon, I made a new city in a different region. About 10 minutes later, the game crashed completely. Now for the past hour I cant even authenticate, just stuck at "Checking for updates" on the launcher. *sigh*

RS4-

Well then, I decide to go broke and what happens? I don't have a choice to start over, instead they replaced it with "start a new city (in another part of the region). And if I reclaim it, I'm back to being broke.

Wtf.

StUnNeR H2K

Well then, I decide to go broke and what happens? I don't have a choice to start over, instead they replaced it with "start a new city (in another part of the region).

I think ultimately you can start a new city in the region. If it prospers then send money to your bankrupt city or maybe buy resources from that city.

Well then, I decide to go broke and what happens? I don't have a choice to start over, instead they replaced it with "start a new city (in another part of the region).

That's the same thing I tried. Yeah, there is no "abandon city" option when you go broke, just to start a new city. Fuck you EA.

Freki

You can "destroy" neighbouring cities by deploying parks??? WTF???
Just saw this on Giantbomb...

Could somebody confirm this please?

Top Bottom