• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

Spirit3

Looking for a good group to play with even if it means sacrificing my currently well established city. Any spots open in Gaf world?

trinest

Could of almost started building a great work on the GAF server I'm in, was ranking in the dough and my electronics industry was booming.

Then I expanded a bit to fast and the resources stopped coming as quick and fucked my city up.

I wonder if its even salavagable. I think I'm stuck to close to the red, don't want to see what I did. Stopped playing. Ahhh. lol

guit3457

Can someone invite me to the Discovery Delta (3) Region? I have Honeysuckle Harsh
I'm guit3457 here in Neogaf and PelegrinuX in Origin.

golem

Could of almost started building a great work on the GAF server I'm in, was ranking in the dough and my electronics industry was booming.

Then I expanded a bit to fast and the resources stopped coming as quick and fucked my city up.

I wonder if its even salavagable. I think I'm stuck to close to the red, don't want to see what I did. Stopped playing. Ahhh. lol

I had this happen, had to take out a shitload of bonds and then manually limit how much alloy i was importing in since I was taking more than I could use through the trade port. Few hours later and I have 10 mil in the bank :D

jjhKsM3g2feon.png

Forsete

Got a message "SimCity going offline in 30 minutes, please quit your game" bla bla.

Anyway, managed to build a nice little "service" city for the main one.
vBzYcJY.jpg

A nice blob of waste going in for treatment. :D I thought it was pretty funny. :/

Ugh, played waaaaaay too long

Hate when buildings say there is no room to increase density so I go to try and make room by bulldozing roads and the frickin' building goes down with the road and the one that replaces it starts from scratch =/

How do some of you have millions in the bank? I have too much oil for a trade depot with 2 lots......maybe I'm spending it too fast lol

golem

How do some of you have millions in the bank? I have too much oil for a trade depot with 2 lots......maybe I'm spending it too fast lol

Currently I have 5 or so Processor Factories going, two Trade Depots taking in Alloys and Plastics and 1 Trade Port exporting the Processors..

Forsete

Ok, so I launched the game again after an hour or so.

I was greeted by a "select server" dialogue. What? If I change the server do I lose the region I created?
Are they stored on the different servers or what?

I dont remember which one I was on. West Europe 4 I think!
So can I access for example East Europe and continue where I left off?

Griffin

I was greeted by a "select server" dialogue. What? If I change the server do I lose the region I created?

You can't. Regions are server-binded.

Finally joined GAFTopia, lets do this!

Seems all the servers work now. Probably cause it's like 5 AM in the states.

You don't lose them, you can always go back, but yes, each server is independent.

Jintor

You don't have to play it lol. Just quit to the menu.

Even knowing that it's total bullshit you have to do that for every server you switch to (especially when half of them are busy)... do you have to do it even if the server is down? Wow, that'd be crazy...

Hasney

Played for 5 hours without issue. Really, really addictive when it works. Shame I'm in a queue this morning to get back to my 2 cities on Europe West 3.

The space is kind of an issue to me, really limits what I can do. But having multiple cities within a region kind of alleviates that.

Still, the announced free EA game might be a nice touch. Depends on the selection available.

Hasney

any euro guys need any neighbors ill hopefully be getting the game today give me a heads up

Kingdom of Daventry on Europe West 3 would like some more cities if you would kindly oblige... And can logon.

Edit: Should put it in my last post. POOR FORM HASNEY.

Anson225

does anyone know, when my city is broke, is it possible to start fresh at the same place? (tax, bonds and turning off services are useless, all other cities in the region are claimed)

Jintor

Did I tech tree myself out of jobs? I have a small army of homeless people wandering the streets now ever since I bought a community college. Also, between the turning off inter-region features and the game's weird pathing code, I can't figure out if my goods aren't trading on the market because of my fault or the game's. The Petrol HQ staff must be fuming.

I still can't figure out commuting. One city has like 3,000 available jobs for low income, so I know there is demand, and both cities have train, municipal bus, and boat transportation. My residential city keeps fluctuating between 300-1000 commuters out of like 3500 people (almost all of the rest are unemployed). Yet no one is complaining at all. Why is this number fluctuating on more than an hourly basis? It's almost like when person comes home from their commute, they are listed as unemployed until they go to work the next day?

edit: Actually now people are complaining about money. Why the hell won't more people commute?!

Remmy2112

I still can't figure out commuting. One city has like 3,000 available jobs for low income, so I know there is demand, and both cities have train, municipal bus, and boat transportation. My residential city keeps fluctuating between 300-1000 commuters out of like 3500 people (almost all of the rest are unemployed). Yet no one is complaining at all. Why is this number fluctuating on more than an hourly basis? It's almost like when person comes home from their commute, they are listed as unemployed until they go to work the next day?

edit: Actually now people are complaining about money. Why the hell won't more people commute?!

Are there placed bus stops both for picking the people up and around the work destinations? People will walk a certain distance to and from the stops but they still need them in the relative vicinity.

Jintor

I had no idea why the trains weren't running until suddenly one day they were. Scores of shoppers pouring into my city and I couldn't figure out why.

If we could set our own bus routes and basically plop transport tycoon/cities in motion over the top... hgghh...

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Perhaps the route to exit your city is not optimal?

Or perhaps they still try to look for work in your city first, but then give up before they try to commute?

Perhaps the route to exit your city is not optimal?

Or perhaps they still try to look for work in your city first, but then give up before they try to commute?

There's next to no traffic, and I've been letting it sit for quite a while, same behavior. The interesting thing is I switched to the city they are commuting to, and it shows around 1,600 commuting in.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
There's next to no traffic, and I've been letting it sit for quite a while, same behavior. The interesting thing is I switched to the city they are commuting to, and it shows around 1,600 commuting in.

Perhaps your city was seeing the other city in an earlier state, and the servers hadn't caught up yet, so that it didn't see all the jobs that should have been there.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
The traffic routing videos are depressing to watch. Just really lazy AI programming there.

Just download the NAM mod to fix it. Oh, wait...:D

Yeah, I really hope they patch that traffic issue VERY soon, because that's unforgivable for a game that is supposed to be such a great high level simulation. I mean, it's downright amateur that the AI does that. I almost have to think they did it for an actual reason, like maybe they couldn't afford the CPU cycles to do real pathfinding?

Jintor

It's just great to set out my awesome highway and have it be ignored because i my dirt road bordering my shitty factories just happens to be a slightly shorter path than taking the bend, so they clog that up instead.

Anyway, what's the fastest way to cheap-upgrade density?

Is it fair to say we won't be seeing stupid numbers of sims in each region? I have 200k in mine but i am finding it hard to grow even further

thinking we won't see 500,000 or 1 million in 1 area yeah?

I think it's because traffic is royally fucked in my city they are commuting to. I seriously am ready to stop playing this game just because the traffic system is retarded. I'll watch 600 oncoming cars go straight before they let cars go left, and then they only let 2 go left. I literally now have traffic backed up from one city to the next.

Jarekx

Well, I think I reached the limit on what I can do myself in one city until I learn a bit more. Guess I'll have to start another city in my region or play with some people. Tried joining random games but the join game page is horrible. The filters are useless and all it shows are games that are full.

How do I trade ore with another city?

Game keeps telling me that that BigJonssons city needs ore, i got tons of it, I already built a trading depot but the city still claims it needs coal.

Remmy2112

How do I trade ore with another city?

Game keeps telling me that that BigJonssons city needs ore, i got tons of it, I already built a trading depot but the city still claims it needs coal.

You can go to region view, click on gifts, click on the city to send to, and send them ore. I think setting a trade depot to export has it go to the global market only, though I could be wrong.

Nero3000

I have a small region (5 cities, 2 claimed by me) on NA West 2 if anyone wants to join as a small side project...

Just quote you Origin ID and ill invite if you are interested.

Top Bottom