• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
The way sims only exist as agents travelling between destinations reminds me of (sci-fi movie plot spoiler)
Moon

Heysoos

The city size is seriously bumming me out. I have fun with the game, but the extremely small sizes make it hard for me to do anything I want. Run out of size so damn quickly, and having to always sacrifice huge parts of my city for bigger things later on is annoying as hell.

Also this fucking game crashes anytime I tab out.

finally reached 300k population.
i think i can reach 350k if i optimize some of the streets.
i2bHagyf3wg6F.png

Calidor

FUCK! I think I just lost my city:

Got the "rollback" error, clicked OK. Got a message error about sync error (lol)

Now when I log in again, my city has disappeared from the Play menu (also all slots are empty)

:(

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The city size is seriously bumming me out. I have fun with the game, but the extremely small sizes make it hard for me to do anything I want. Run out of size so damn quickly, and having to always sacrifice huge parts of my city for bigger things later on is annoying as hell.

Also this fucking game crashes anytime I tab out.

Can you run the game in a window?

JWong

Banned
Is it bugged that you can't see great works in your region that you're not connected to?

My friend made a great works in a section of the region I'm not a part of, and I can't see it. I can go spectate his city and see it though.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread yet, but SimCity is going to be on sale at Best Buy for $40. If you get the game on Sunday or Monday, you'll still get your free game. I think I'm going to take the plunge for this deal.

Septimius

Just saw a bug list over on some wiki for SimCity from reddit. Makes me think two things. I'm glad I haven't really been victim to any bugs, but it's also not cool that they say "all major problems are fixed", and the fact that they STILL haven't been able to fix more problems than they have.

It's looking more and more like an MMO-launch, which is hilarious, both because the games doesn't require always online, and because the online features as still all broken.

Part of me wants to just return the game. But it is fun.

Just saw a bug list over on some wiki for SimCity from reddit. Makes me think two things. I'm glad I haven't really been victim to any bugs, but it's also not cool that they say "all major problems are fixed", and the fact that they STILL haven't been able to fix more problems than they have.
There's a clear difference between the severity of problems ("major") and the total amount of problems. You'll note that no game *ever* ships with zero bugs - in fact, most games ship with hundreds of bugs, but most are so small nobody notices or cares. It's only games like this, that had some really major bugs in the release, where people really scrutinize it for tons of bugs, and will see and complain about ones they never would have normally.

spirity

Is modding out of the question here? I've seen a few playthroughs and the size of the plots look just too small imo, and although this is a city builder I'd like to be able to stick in a few mountains and do some terraforming/landscaping to get really explorative.

Gandie

Is modding out of the question here? I've seen a few playthroughs and the size of the plots look just too small imo, and although this is a city builder I'd like to be able to stick in a few mountains and do some terraforming/landscaping to get really explorative.

You're gonna need to wait a long time before all of this is modded in.

artist

Banned
Thank you Rentahamster for the health/radiation maps!

Also nice city you got there _tetsuo_ ;)

Status GAF-region - 1 unclaimed spot left! I'm gonna try and let this one go to one of those on the pending list, I'll let anyone be able to grab it sometime tomorrow, if no one on this list has grabbed it by them

Pending:
  • Malik77 / Malikah77 / friended - invite sent - if you haven't got it, you can probably claim some land
  • izt_is / spyguy-aka-izt / friend request sent
  • callhitman / tj662 / friend request sent
  • Gandie / LeadGandie / friend request sent

Sorry that you all can't join, but first one to claim gets the spot
Sent you a pm.

spirity

Well damn. I'd happily exchange the online aspect of Simcity and all the features of it just so I could get bigger plots of land with more interesting stuff to do. I could see boredom creeping in pretty quick with what it is right now.

when my coal/ore/etc gets full. the trucks don't deliver. i have to turn off the delivery garage and turn it back on before they come out and go delivery. anyone have this issue?

Kabouter

Gah! There're robbers, arsons and murderers pouring in from your city, and it won't change? :D How does abandoning cities work in this game, anyway?

When you abandon it, the city remains, but the spot can be claimed by another. That other person then gets to clean up the mess the original player left, as the plot doesn't reset (to prevent exploits, presumably).

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
It sucks. It just lags, I can't buy anything from anyone, I can't look at any other cities. Hel, when I go to region view I just get stuck there lol. I will try again later to get something done.

My prison is overflowing, by the way.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
It sucks. It just lags, I can't buy anything from anyone, I can't look at any other cities. Hel, when I go to region view I just get stuck there lol. I will try again later to get something done.

My prison is overflowing, by the way.

It's the perfect Neo Tokyo!

;D

It's like real life dude, it doesn't go away. (or at least in real life, it takes a LONG time)

real life i would just throw more dirt and concrete to raise the land up ;P.

at least my $9k/month is going towards medical and police with $6k/month lol. keeping the place good for now. i guess i'll plop non-zone buildings so there's work to be had at these radiation place

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I think it's pretty shameful how regional tourism gets stuck in a feedback loop, while regional student sharing and commuting just flat out doesn't work at all.

This game has to be online! The fans insisted!

Septimius

I think it's completely laughable and shameful that online play is completely broken. Writing on the wall lags more than holy hell, buying sewage just stopped working for me, it wouldn't buy the full capacity from anyone in the region. EA's trying to tell me that online is required, when most of the bugs seem to come from online.

elektrixx

Banned
I think it's all bullshit. If the game is processed on our end, then it shouldn't matter what we send to servers.

Xbox LIVE won't go down if my Gears Of War Judgment cloud save is "too far ahead".

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
The game is getting harder and harder to play. Lag is bad and the servers are just getting killed. I don't want to go back to playing by myself in a region :(

Top Bottom