• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

qwerty2k

if i pre-order a boxed copy from amazon or someone does that also get me the mac version (the version i actually want) when it comes out?

Yeah, they're official. Bummed my city was snagged by someone else. Not too worried, though -- we have a ton of regions, so there should be plenty of space for everyone.

Any comment on the hot air balloons/blimps? I assume you can't say anything, just thought I'd ask.

garath

Whoops. Looks like I missed the promotional credit for the digital version on Amazon. Might not pre-order it now. Unfortunate. Thought it would carry through to today at least :(

ekim

One question :
Can I switch between two areas and play there?
Let's say the first one is the GAF one - can the second one be a private area where only I can build multiple, connected cities?

cvIIWeX.jpg

The hype train has lost its brakes

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
if i pre-order a boxed copy from amazon or someone does that also get me the mac version (the version i actually want) when it comes out?

Nobody knows. I got a digital version hoping that having it in my origin account will allow a mac version to be downloaded when it is released

ekim

So you can also alter the terrain? Also no one answered my question about if you also can play as your own neighbor.

Raven77

That $20 credit is BS - you can only use it $5 at a time, on titles that cost at least $30, that aren't new within 30 days, and you have until March 18th at 10am Pacific to use the credit, after that you lose it.

Lol...WOW.

Okay well i'll just get it from Amazon then with the $20 credit offer they are doing. I don't think there are as many restrictions.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I hate to be that guy, but if anyone loses interest in this and is willing to give up their spot in GAF land...give me a holler. That is probably the only way for me to experience to multi-city at it's full potential. Otherwise I'm sticking to single player, which is fine. Just excited to finally have some Sim City in my life again. I missed out on SC4 so it's been since 3000 for me.

Covfan

Has anyone else pre ordered in Origin and NOT have been charged for it yet? I'm getting slightly concerned.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Has anyone else pre ordered in Origin and NOT have been charged for it yet? I'm getting slightly concerned.

If it's through Origin, I wouldn't worry. I hope Amazon has keys up before release so we can pre-load.

Happy camper, I got the spot I had in mind. I'm going in without beta access so I will be learning the ropes.

That $20 credit is BS - you can only use it $5 at a time, on titles that cost at least $30, that aren't new within 30 days, and you have until March 18th at 10am Pacific to use the credit, after that you lose it.
You have to be joking? I was already looking for a game to use the $20 credit on. Where does it say all that info?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
You have to be joking? I was already looking for a game to use the $20 credit on. Where does it say all that info?

Just get it on Amazon and get 15 off right now with CAGROCKS. I don't know if it's any good anymore as we're in March now though.

I hope the full game runs better, I have a GTX670 and I5-3570K and it would still get framerate drops to around 45-50 FPS if I zoomed in during the beta. Did I read somewhere the game doesn't have proper multicore usage like Cities XL?

Not to mention the alising was horrible, no good option.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Is that good or bad? That's my city
KuGsj.gif

It's very good, well done! One of the better looking (creative) cities I've seen for the new game so far.

Any chance you could show us some more pics from that cty?

Gnub

I seem to remember the Amazon sale page saying that codes would go out today at 11 for pre-download. Today it says codes go out on the 5th with no pre-download. Am I going crazy?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
It's very good, well done! One of the better looking (creative) cities I've seen for the new game so far.

Any chance you could show us some more pics from that cty?
I need to run that by my bosses, but I may be able to share some "b-roll" after the game is released.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Is that good or bad? That's my city
KuGsj.gif

Haha, nice. Did those elevated bridges have a positive impact on traffic flow by giving more outlets? Did they interfere at all with building growth at the ground level where the bridge foundation meets the ground?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Haha, nice. Did those elevated bridges have a positive impact on traffic flow by giving more outlets? Did they interfere at all with building growth at the ground level where the bridge foundation meets the ground?
They interfere at the point the meet the ground only, but you can weave roads and buildings thru the bridge support openings. As for traffic, if seemed pretty comfortable, it only ever got bad during peak hours.

One question :
Can I switch between two areas and play there?
Let's say the first one is the GAF one - can the second one be a private area where only I can build multiple, connected cities?

Yep, you can join a region with friends and then create a private region just for yourself (where you can claim all the cities yourself or invite your friends to play with you).

Up to you what you wanna do.

ekim

I love the fact that you can actually really care about the look of your city.
Will it be possible to play at the US release in EU with a VPN tunnel?

depths20XX

Pre-ordered on Amazon for the $20 credit. Didn't get to play the beta but this game looks nice. I loved Sim City 4 so I hope this can live up to that.

Top Bottom