• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

Sober

Weird as when I preordered it said download codes would come out today :(
Same, but I don't even think people who bought it on Origin are getting preloads. It might release earlier because they don't have to wait for keys but that's about it.

Jedi2016

cvIIWeX.jpg
On the plus side, that shot seems to indicate larger areas than we've seen so far. Unless it's just a trick of the camera angle. Still not as massive as past games, but definitely not limited to suburbia.

BearPawB

Banned
On the plus side, that shot seems to indicate larger areas than we've seen so far. Unless it's just a trick of the camera angle. Still not as massive as past games, but definitely not limited to suburbia.

Nope, that is one of the ones that was in the beta. Same size as the others

ys45

Sorry if it's been asked but could find anything ,

Can you change look of building ? It would be interesting to build some kind of futuristic/scifi city.

krpiper

Can you change look of building ? It would be interesting to build some kind of futuristic/scifi city.

Knowing EA $4.99 a building, or $99.99 for the community service building DLC

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

The buildings will change their look on their own as they grow from low density to high density (houses to apartments to tall apartment buildings).

They don't really change their "theme", though, without a theme pack. At launch, there will be those European cities theme packs, but those cost extra.

Ghost23

I want to draw out my road placement, but I don't know how much room I'm working with. What's an easy way to map this out? Isn't the region 2km X 2km?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I want to draw out my road placement, but I don't know how much room I'm working with. What's an easy way to map this out? Isn't the region 2km X 2km?

Use the guides. When you mouseover a road, you'll see two white dotted lines appear that run parallel to the road you are hovering over.

If you build another road on the first parallel line, that is the space you will need for the largest size high density buildings to appear. If you build a road on the second parallel line, that is the space that you will need for two high density buildings "back to back".

edit: oh wait you're talking about previsualization, nevermind.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Pre-ordered from GMG, yeehaw

You could've just made a fake US amazon account, they don't verify the adress of the credit card with what you create the account with... Random US postal code is your friend.

Also, looks like Stasis got the replacement in our little 4-city region, sweet!

Question: i know highways/trains only connect those cities on the rail/highway, which is usually only 4.... But what about ferries? Do they connect all the water-bound cities in the region?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
You could've just made a fake US amazon account, they don't verify the adress of the credit card with what you create the account with... Random US postal code is your friend.

Question: i know highways/trains only connect those cities on the rail/highway, which is usually only 4.... But what about ferries? Do they connect all the water-bound cities in the region?

They connect whatever cities share that same body of water. In some regions, there are two separate bodies of water, so it's not like all water-bound cities are connected.

smr00

Banned
Anyone getting the Digital Deluxe? I have been trying to justify that price all day but can't come up with justifiable reasons.

Also is Origin currently the best place to get it digitally? Offers $20 off towards $30+ purchase. I know amazon is doing $20 but that is just for physical copy unless i am blind.

SLV

But is the serial region free ? I am afraid of EA/Origin shenanigans....

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Anyone getting the Digital Deluxe? I have been trying to justify that price all day but can't come up with justifiable reasons.

Also is Origin currently the best place to get it digitally? Offers $20 off towards $30+ purchase. I know amazon is doing $20 but that is just for physical copy unless i am blind.

Can't justify 80 for a DD version of that or even the retail.

And didn't some note that it's not 20 dollars all at once but 5 dollar vouchers which have to be used by mid March?

f0rk

Read the small print if you are going with Origin it can't be a new game or DLC and it runs out at the end of the month

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Called EA and was hoping to get a price match. No go. I hope Amazon releases keys early. Perhaps someone can get on a quick text chat with them and ask if they will be releasing keys early and/or charging early so keys can be sent out and we can at least pre-load.

gamma

Guys if you want the Digital Deluxe buy the regular LE somewhere cheap and get the DD upgrade for $20 at Origin. Should be cheaper that way.

Soi-Fong

Guys if you want the Digital Deluxe buy the regular LE somewhere cheap and get the DD upgrade for $20 at Origin. Should be cheaper that way.

That's what I'm doing. lol

Got the game for 45 bucks from Amazon. Get the DD upgrade and it ends up being 65 bucks total. Better than the 80 bucks EA is advertising.

Raide

Buckled under pressure and went to GAME to Pre-order. I got £10 on the card so it worked out as £24.99. Cannot wait for the 8th now.

Top Bottom