• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't have any info on that other than it's coming out this Spring. I can say the Mac version isn't a sloppy port (phew!). I'm a Mac user, but I bootcamp it on my iMac. Plays great.
Arggh. I'm just worried about having to rebuy. I'll miss out on the cagrocks discount. I guess I'll just buy and hold onto the code and sell it if I hear news.

Not too concerned about when the port is coming out.

PC purchases will carry over to the Mac version

edit: link

I saw this and then i saw the twitter account claim otherwise. I'll be taking a screenshot of that forum post and requesting a refund if it is untrue. This should have been adressed in the FAQ.

Man, metalmurphy's site is rad! I love how it shows the Avatar of people who claimed a city.

I chose Cotton Bend in Discovery Delta. Can't wait for next week!

I ordered the game ages ago and am now unsure if my 2010 mac can even run it (Where do I go to check the specs of my mac?) . I'm also not sure if i want to register for this thing or not.

Registered for three cities on your page, thanks metalmurphy. Hope I get one of them, don't want to settle for one of those nasty middle pieces >_>

Also: Obviously decided I'm getting the game, amazon coupon only has a few hours to go but I'd rather use GMG if possible. No coupons active right now?

Edit: Did I misread the instructions? Thought I was supposed to pick a few city choices. Hope I didn't take three spots :/ If I did I apologize.

my first choice for a city in a region didn't work since someone took that spot. so i spammed 3 times. but glad to see my name on there now :D

Fixed1979

Psst: If you pre-order a digital copy on Origin right now, not only do you get a $20 off a future purchase voucher, but you'll be able to sneak in the doors at 9pm PST Monday March 4 (NA only). ;)

Awesome, this makes the wait just a little more bearable.

That Origin 20 dollar credit can only be used until the middle of March? =/

WTF, that's what I get for not reading the fine print...I was going to save it for DLC, though come to think of it I suppose I should have expected $30 DLC anyway. A March 18th deadline is hardly even fair...time to shop I guess.

Never done a digital pre-order with amazon, do you not get the code until release?

Edit: Is metal's site 404ing for anyone else?

BearPawB

Banned
Awesome, this makes the wait just a little more bearable.

WTF, that's what I get for not reading the fine print...I was going to save it for DLC. A March 18th deadline is hardly even fair.

It's not on everything either.
I wanted to buy battlefield 3 dlc. No dice

Fixed1979

You should make that registration private Murphy. Put it in email tags.

He's entering the names himself so it really shouldn't matter, though it is more work for him to have to sift through the names and make sure their legit.

Should be interesting to find out how backlogged the list is when he does finally wake up though.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
He's entering the names himself so it really shouldn't matter, though it is more work for him to have to sift through the names and make sure their legit.

Should be interesting to find out how backlogged the list is when he does finally wake up though.

Ah yes, at least he knows who's a gaffer and who's not.

Ghost23

Will there be a Nvidia driver that optimizes the performance of Nvidia gpu's? I'd love to get the full potential out of my card.

Repgnar

I registered on a couple of city plots. Only of my my friends is going to buy Sim City at least at launch so i'd like to play with some other people as well. We can have more than one city online right? I think I heard that we get ten but that was a while ago so I have no clue if that was legit or maybe i'm just thinking of something completely wrong.

mandiller

I've registered for a city plot. When the game is released, how do I actually find and join the NeoGaf region? (I never played the betas)

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I thought you could place down rail so its a non issue.

It is an issue because I want to place the station where I know it'll have proper road access, then connect the rail.

I had to bulldoze my station a few times because I had to guess how big it was when drawing the rail blindly to estimate where it would be before I plop the station.

So Amazon changed their download page back to the 5th and removed the pre-load wording. :|

Note: this game will not be available for pre-load prior to launch.

Compared to yesterday:
Pre-order customers will also be able to start pre-loading the game starting March 1 in preparation for the March 5 release. Note: because the game will be available to start loading, this page will say "Available Now" starting March 1, 2013. Please keep in mind the game will not be playable until March 5, 2013 once Electronic Arts turns on the game servers.

Raven77

Is it worth getting the digital deluxe version that comes with the $20 credit?

I mean are the extra things you get worth it? How much of a difference do these things even make???

Place the Eiffel Tower, Big Ben or Brandenburg Gate...etc. How much are these things seperately?

Anyone know?

So someone found these images on Digital River servers. Looks like Hot Air Balloon/Air Ship DLC unless they're already in the game and I'm really dumb.
BEJ1ItgCQAAU8MS.jpg:large

BEJ1DfECEAAl4is.jpg:large

BEJ07rqCYAEa3wD.jpg:large

BEJ1ej7CQAAAWrE.jpg:large

BEJ00OACMAAi1gE.jpg:large

Pandemic

Is it worth getting the digital deluxe version that comes with the $20 credit?

I mean are the extra things you get worth it? How much of a difference do these things even make???

Place the Eiffel Tower, Big Ben or Brandenburg Gate...etc. How much are these things seperately?

Anyone know?
Try checking your local GameStop/EB games website. The Australian EB Games website has updated with people able to purchase either the German or Paris DLC for $10AUD each.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I bought the amazon version. Lets hope its one buy and done for the Mac and Windows version.

Stasis

Smelly pls.

Sorry I've just really wanted to say that for a while now.

Agreed though... if they're gonna nickel and dime it on these DLCs they need to hide it from us better than that. It's EA though, nothing shocking.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Smelly pls.

Sorry I've just really wanted to say that for a while now.

Agreed though... if they're gonna nickel and dime it on these DLCs they need to hide it from us better than that. It's EA though, nothing shocking.

:lol I'm not saying I'm surprised, but still :p

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Metal is going to wake up tomorrow to like 100 claims :lol. Poor guy.

Top Bottom