• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

Sarcasm

Since I can't view the English site for origin how much is this usd?

Unlike steam I can't view in English nor do I know how to purchase on it.

Is it worth getting the digital deluxe version that comes with the $20 credit?

That $20 credit is BS - you can only use it $5 at a time, on titles that cost at least $30, that aren't new within 30 days, and you have until March 18th at 10am Pacific to use the credit, after that you lose it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Metalmurphy will have to wade through dozens of signups tomorrow, and will probably have to add more regions if not all signups can be filled... so nobody worry. :p Just let him wake up :lol

Stasis

Alright I just pre-ordered, and registered.

I've been watching all kinds of vids and I'm getting myself all hyped up. I haven't played a SimCity title in a loooooong time. So many memories... one of the first PC games I ever played was SimCity 2000. Can't really play much before the 8th, but oh well =/

Anyone buy directly from Origin and get the $20 off a $30+ purchase deal? Wondering what to get, if anything. Doesn't seem to work for ME3 DLC and it expires on the 18th. Any suggestions?

Nlroh

Since I can't find a store with non-Blizzard pc games here, I thought that Origin was my best option... turns out Origin doesn't have a release date for SimCity here. I already asked about it and they don't even know when it's going to be available, "probably next Thursday, but there's no way to know"

-_-

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I wonder if it will lose anything on my low end mac
I've watched the streams posted and the guy had beefy computer to run it.
I seen the specs but still worry it will chug along when my city gets massive

The performance hit was most noticeable for me after my city went above 100k citizens.

But, looking at the beta videos and leaderboards, many probably won't desire to have that high of a population, or be capable enough to achieve it. In a lot of cases, it's rather detrimental to have your population grow too large for no reason, since that causes traffic problems.

Fumoffu

Neo Member
Since I can't find a store with non-Blizzard pc games here, I thought that Origin was my best option... turns out Origin doesn't have a release date for SimCity here. I already asked about it and they don't even know when it's going to be available, "probably next Thursday, but there's no way to know"

-_-

Where you from? I guess you could always go with the digital version?

Xane

Registered. Will be interesting!

What happens to cities that haven't been active for days or weeks?
And what if someone on here who registered never actually ends up playing, will the slot be free again?

One region full, another one will be full soon (still processing a few registrations).

Thanks to those smart enough to work around my poorly designed website, and whoever beat the system by adding multiple cities in 1 registration, you forgot your nickname.

Nyx

My processor is just above the minimum, should I buy or should I go?
(or : anyone played the beta with minimum specs and if so, how did it run?)

Pandemic

One region full, another one will be full soon (still processing a few registrations).

Thanks to those smart enough to work around my poorly designed website, and whoever beat the system by adding multiple cities in 1 registration, you forgot your nickname.

Sorry to be a pain, but if possible, could I change from Jugband Hills to Harper Plains. If Harper Plains has already been taken, then don't worry. Cheers Metalmurphy.

Edit: Nevermind :)

Sorry to be a pain, but if possible, could I change from Jugband Hills to Harper Plains. If Harper Plains has already been taken, then don't worry. Cheers Metalmurphy.

Edit: Nevermind :)

If whoever is in Harper Plains doesn't mind changing I can edit it.

2 Regions full.

Pandemic

Nah all good mate, thanks.

I noticed in your image it said my area only has Ore, but this picture says it has oil too. Nothing important to fix though, just incase you missed any other cities.
13217_215234578615425_1924252562_n.jpg

Nah all good mate, thanks.

I noticed in your image it said my area only has Ore, but this picture says it has oil too. Nothing important to fix though, just incase you missed any other cities.
13217_215234578615425_1924252562_n.jpg

I followed a spreedsheet that was posted here, but It's possible I made a mistake. I'll look it up when I get home.

Wait, are we allowed to claim 2 cities? Just noticed that Pandemic has two cities. :O

Great work on the website I gotta say. One question though, have we decided who is going to make the regions? That person will likely need to add everyone in the region on their friends list to invite them so we should probably plan for that ahead of time.

Pachael

Lol my bad, ill just stick with Jugband Hills, thanks mate.

If you want to swap Pandemic, let me know - I'd be happy to (though the site says otherwise).
EDIT - now that I double checked it didn't register. Oh well, I can wait if this doesn't go through.

Pandemic

If you want to swap Pandemic, let me know - I'd be happy to (though the site says otherwise).
EDIT - now that I double checked it didn't register. Oh well, I can wait if this doesn't go through.

Haha, nah all good. You can have Harper Plains if you were the one that got it in time.

8bit

Knows the Score
Just tried to register Cedargate but it didn't work. Have tried for Harper Plains instead but if it was promised to someone else please give it to them.

edit

Registered, whoo! Thanks Metalmurphy!

I think my origin accountname is essteex, but I can't remember right now.

f0rk

Excited for this, but EAs online prices are stupid. I'd much rather have it digitally than a box and I don't mind the Origin client but £45? Seriously? And the fine print (valid till 31st March, not valid on games released 30 days before purchase or DLC) on the £15 voucher makes it useless. Would be interested in the European city packs as well but not at £20

ekim

Pre-ordered and registered on Metalmurphys site. Are the pictures on this site representative as of what the area will look like in the final game?

Top Bottom