• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

Might be they don't want the unencrypted files out prior to launch, or EA hates us. I lean towards the latter. :)

EA doesn't hate us. They absolutely love us. They just happen to see us as giant bags of money instead of people.

Another weird thing: they didn't release the beta 3 keys until about 30-40 minutes prior to the start of the event. I believe they did allow preloading, though. Strange.

Updated list, because Origin ID list in OP has been updated. Have sent a friend request to ya'll.

Viridian Woods #2
Lancaster Pointe - (GAF) Arcticfox (Origin) Arcticfox24
Yorkshire Cliffs - (GAF) StevieP (Origin) ???
Tudor Isle - (GAF) Soi-Fong (Origin) ???
Wessex Bend - (GAF) Reluctant-Hero (Origin) Reluctant-H
Traviata Knoll - (GAF) StUnNeR H2K (Origin) StUnNeR-H2K
Giovanni Woods - (GAF) The Wizard (Origin) ???
Figaro Forest - (GAF) Pyrogeek (Origin) Joby21
Tosca Cliffs - (GAF) Snuggler (Origin) Snuggler666
Straussburg Isles - (GAF) Quick (Origin) ???
Burghausen Hills - (GAF) Norante (Origin) ???
Bamberg Basin - (GAF) Spazo (Origin) ???
Hohenburg Shores - (GAF) froliq (Origin) frolique
Matisse Plains - (GAF) Dr.Palutena (Origin) DrPalutena
Gaugin Valley - (GAF) TurboButt (Origin) ???
Rousseau Flats - (GAF) RedWaltz79 (Origin) RedWaltz
Monet Plateau - (GAF) sl4yor (Origin) ???

Not sure what the issue is with my Origin ID, but I've updated it to Reluctant-Hero. I've also sent friend requests to everyone in Viridian Woods #2 with an Origin ID.

Pepboy

There isn't a preload because we aren't downloading tbe whole game from origin. A dev on the simcity forums clarified that origin is only serving a 300mb installer and the rest will be downloaded from maxis.

Drats. Thanks for spoiling all my conspiracy theories!

RedWaltz79

Neo Member
I think my sense of security and trust with Origin is shaken right now... I just went on there to do some stuff with some old games I have, but Origin is going bonkers and won't even let me play my game. I try to go into one of my account settings and it tells me that Origin is experiencing issues right now...

I don't know if I want a game that depends on this to even play it...

Quick

Banned
Just got the e-mail about placing another order, but it's showing up as $54.99 ($5 credit automatically added). What's going on.

Got my $5 credit from Amazon for the whole cancelled fiasco. Now I just need to contact them to get the 25% off applied again for a new order.

Just got the e-mail about placing another order, but it's showing up as $54.99 ($5 credit automatically added). What's going on.

Everyone gets $5 credit to their account automatically for the whole cancellation issue. If you had the promotional code for 25% off, you'll have to contact them yourself to get that back. At least that's how I understand it.

Quick

Banned
Got my $5 credit from Amazon for the whole cancelled fiasco. Now I just need to contact them to get the 25% off applied again for a new order.

Everyone gets $5 credit to their account automatically for the whole cancellation issue. If you had the promotional code for 25% off, you'll have to contact them yourself to get that back. At least that's how I understand it.

It says calling is recommended to contact them. Kind of tempting, but I don't know what would happen if I call, and detect that I'm technically not American, lol.

Yeah, sent them an e-mail just now.

CzarTim

Got the email about my order being canceled, but it never left my order page (checked after people mentioned it earlier).

It says calling is recommended to contact them. Kind of tempting, but I don't know what would happen if I call, and detect that I'm technically not American, lol.

Yeah, sent them an e-mail just now.

you need to call them. just say your order was canceled for no reason. they are getting calls about it and will just ask for your email or order number and whatnot. i did it less than 2 minutes and they'll apply the 25% when you order again.

Quick

Banned
you need to call them. just say your order was canceled for no reason. they are getting calls about it and will just ask for your email or order number and whatnot. i did it less than 2 minutes and they'll apply the 25% when you order again.

They just asked me for my address. Seems to have gone through just fine, though, lol.

I just got transferred to another department. On hold right now.

Quick

Banned
AND DONE.

After the hold, the entire call took about a minute and he added $15 in credit to apply to the game pre-order.

So, that's $15 for the CAGROCKS code, $5 for their own, making it a sweet $39.99.

Dinosur

Anyone want the $20 gift card code for pre-ordering from bestbuy.com? I have it as a raptr reward. Just PM or something.

Quick

Banned
Do you have 2 spot? If you don't you should totally keep it. I'm sure there will be more gaf maps after the game is released.

I don't think I'll be active enough on SimCity for a little while. Feel free if MetalMurphy will let you. I already PM'd him to make my spot available.

Nokterian

Add me to the origin list!

Nokterian (gaf) - Nokterian_One (Origin)

Also there is still no pre load. I want to download it and not on release if that happens well the servers will be screwed for sure.

So I'm a little bit confused. I'm one of the DD CAGROCKS preorders, but mines still listed in my order history as an open order, not a cancelled one. Also, I never got the preload email mentioned.

For those of you who had to call to reorder, what exactly led you to do it?
1. Official email saying your order was cancelled
2. Tony's email saying he accidentally cancelled your order
3. Missing/cancelled order status on amazon.com
4. Sheer panic of reading the Tony post, you may have ordered a 2nd copy of the game

evilhomer

So I'm a little bit confused. I'm one of the DD CAGROCKS preorders, but mines still listed in my order history as an open order, not a cancelled one. Also, I never got the preload email mentioned.

4. Sheer panic of reading the Tony post, you may have ordered a 2nd copy of the game

It may depend on when you pre-ordered. I also didn't get an e-mail and still have the game listed on amazon. I only just bought it late on Feb. 28th to get the code in and I think by that time the pre-download thing had already been removed. Perhaps it didn't effect me cause I was after that point and the same for you.

Quick

Banned

My pre-order was suddenly gone from both Open Orders and Digital Downloads menus. I placed another pre-order which took just $5 off, so I called and had them apply the $15 off as well.

Fumoffu

Neo Member
It may depend on when you pre-ordered. I also didn't get an e-mail and still have the game listed on amazon. I only just bought it late on Feb. 28th to get the code in and I think by that time the pre-download thing had already been removed, so perhaps it didn't effect me cause I was after that point and the same for you.

Yep, my theory too since I ordered late on the 28th and my order is still open.

Bad7667

i managed to rebuy the game from amazon with the discount even though i canceled because i was stupid to. but i ended also buy the DD upgrade off origin so everything is balanced out now.

Wait, so if I buy off of Greenmangaming I can upgrade to the DD from Origin?

Feahnor

Banned
I've never played any of Sim City games, but I like what I'm seeing, the problem is my laptop is not a powerhouse.

Do you think Sim City will work in a i5 2410m (2.3 GHz - OC up to 2.6 GHz), 6GB DDR3 and an Intel HD3000 + Nvidia 520mx?, I think not, but i'm still hopeful.

pahamrick

I've never played any of Sim City games, but I like what I'm seeing, the problem is my laptop is not a powerhouse.

Do you think Sim City will work in a i5 2410m (2.3 GHz - OC up to 2.6 GHz), 6GB DDR3 and an Intel HD3000 + Nvidia 520mx?, I think not, but i'm still hopeful.

It should run it fine, it's well within the minimum requirements listed for it on Origin.

froliq

Not sure what the issue is with my Origin ID, but I've updated it to Reluctant-Hero. I've also sent friend requests to everyone in Viridian Woods #2 with an Origin ID.

Your actual Origin ID appears to be Relucant-H, that painful misspell. :(

Updated list for Viridian Woods #2, posted earlier by StUnNer H2K, missing Origin IDs from Metalmurphy's site in bold-underlined.

Viridian Woods #2
Lancaster Pointe - (GAF) Arcticfox (Origin) Arcticfox24
Yorkshire Cliffs - (GAF) StevieP (Origin) ???
Tudor Isle - (GAF) Soi-Fong (Origin) Moki-asa
Wessex Bend - (GAF) Reluctant-Hero (Origin) Relucant-H
Traviata Knoll - (GAF) StUnNeR H2K (Origin) StUnNeR-H2K
Giovanni Woods - (GAF) The Wizard (Origin) DeadPixelOrigin
Figaro Forest - (GAF) Pyrogeek (Origin) Joby21
Tosca Cliffs - (GAF) Snuggler (Origin) Snuggler666
Straussburg Isles - (GAF) Quick (Origin) ???
Burghausen Hills - (GAF) Norante (Origin) Norantus
Bamberg Basin - (GAF) Spazo (Origin) ???
Hohenburg Shores - (GAF) froliq (Origin) frolique
Matisse Plains - (GAF) Dr.Palutena (Origin) DrPalutena
Gaugin Valley - (GAF) TurboButt (Origin) ??? (No GAFfer and Origin ID that goes by this name)
Rousseau Flats - (GAF) RedWaltz79 (Origin) RedWaltz
Monet Plateau - (GAF) sl4yor (Origin) ???

guit3457

OK, I'll try it again.

I registered Jugband Hills and Honeysuckle Marsh in Discovery Delta (3)

I would like to have a spot in one region.

Origin ID: PelegrinuX

Thanks

Shane86

It shouldn't be my responsibility to contact support because of one of their employee's mistakes, most of the responses I've seen they either don't believe you or "pass it on" to some other department, will probably buy elsewhere now.

StUnNeR H2K

I'll update the list for Viridian Woods #2 here later. Need to get the laptop, just have my phone right now. My schedule has changed also, but at the moment chances are high I can be on at launch to get things started.

Will probably PM all VW2 peeps again, also to relay responses on how long we will reserve spots for those that signed up.

pahamrick

Doesn't seem worth the cost for some European themed buildings.

You also get a service option per city, as well.

Germany: High Speed Bullet Trains
England: Double Decker Buses (Holds more sims than standard buses, but costs more)
France: French Police Station /w French Police Cars

RedWaltz79

Neo Member
I'll update the list for Viridian Woods #2 here later. Need to get the laptop, just have my phone right now. My schedule has changed also, but at the moment chances are high I can be on at launch to get things started.

Will probably PM all VW2 peeps again, also to relay responses on how long we will reserve spots for those that signed up.

Quick was on here last night saying that he would like to drop out of the registration, citing that he probably wouldn't be able to play in the GAF region. I don't know if there was ever resolution to that, but he was trying to give his spot away.

Also, Paulenta has a Mac and she just found out yesterday that it isn't coming out on Mac till the Spring. The guy from Maxis suggested she try to bootcamp it, but I don't know if she is going to before the launch.

We are still missing a bunch of people, it looks like, in our region. Not to mention the mystery of who TurboButt is. Maybe if we don't hear from people by a certain time tomorrow we should consider replacements?

King_Moc

Banned

You also get a service option per city, as well.

Germany: High Speed Bullet Trains
England: Double Decker Buses (Holds more sims than standard buses, but costs more)
France: French Police Station /w French Police Cars

Is there a proper list of what it contains anywhere? £20 sounds like a giant scam for the upgrade tbh.

Top Bottom