• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

Kingven

hey always offer me refunds and give discounts to me from there. I think the person you spoke to just didn't know what they were doing.

At the end amazon just apply the -15$ discount manually to my new pre-order... (5$ for the mistake and 10$ to complete the 15$ discount) :-/

Raxious

I want to join the city list, but I don't think I will be playing multi-player until i feel like I've solo'd enough and Im guessing it'll be full by then :(

I'm pretty bad at SimCity, but im just gonna play to enjoy the MP. Also, by playing with others im hoping to improve my own game ;)

Also, I send everyone a friendsrequest on origin for those of u who are on Titan Gorge(2). Except for thelegendary as he's still missing an origin name.

Thx for adding me Murphy :)

PS:
Is it possible to make groups on the Origin friendslist? That way I know who are from GAF.

Rad-

Are there any screenshots floating around of an entire city tile maxed-out with high-density buildings?

Not entire but this is the closest I have found:

dMBzifqh.jpg

OjiJUX0h.jpg

City borders look pretty awkward with tall buildings ending just like that.

munroe

So added everyone on Discovery Delta 3, however couldn't add the following people;

rmr2020
CheeseTom

Apparently that origin ID doesn't exist.

cheesetom

So added everyone on Discovery Delta 3, however couldn't add the following people;

rmr2020
CheeseTom

Apparently that origin ID doesn't exist.

Maybe that's because I've never actually signed into Origin before? Just registered through the website. I'll try to install it tonight.

To all DD3 dwellers: prepare to be polluted!

My god. I don't understand how anyone can watch TotalBiscuit. Guy ignores tutorial stuff and then calls the game dumb when he can't figure shit out.

It was quite frustrating. This game is as intuitive as a simulation game is ever going to get, yet even after hours of playing it he can't figure out stuff I figured out in 5 minutes. And I'm not even a professional gamer who was chosen by the publisher to showcase the strengths of the game in a prerelease demo intended to raise awareness and hype.

Those two screenshots have mostly wealth two density one/two there. Not much of the density three.

Urrhhhgh. :(

I'm definitely giving this a miss for the time being. It'll be interesting to read all of your thoughts after a week or so of playing.

SRTtoZ

Urrhhhgh. :(

I'm definitely giving this a miss for the time being. It'll be interesting to read all of your thoughts after a week or so of playing.

Those are 2 of the worst screens ive seen of the game. Watch some of the 720p or 1080p Beta vids to get a feel of the game.

smr00

Banned
Caved in for the physical copy on amazon since there is no pre-loading.

I didn't read the full terms of the $20, can you use it on digital purchases or just physical? Either way it's going to go towards bioshock.

RedWaltz79

Neo Member
Caved in for the physical copy on amazon since there is no pre-loading.

I didn't read the full terms of the $20, can you use it on digital purchases or just physical? Either way it's going to go towards bioshock.

I'm pretty sure it is just general Amazon.com credit that you can use on anything.

Jedi2016

Finally got hold of Amazon to get the discount sorted out, so I'm back in business. The girl on the phone said her pre-order got cancelled, too. Ain't that a bitch.. lol.

JJD

Man, considering the size limitations I doubt I'll be able to make a city divided by a big river and some cool looking bridges... =(

Fixed1979

If a spot opens up in a GAF community I would love to join one. My Origin ID is "Hme_"

I don't know if more regions are going to open or not, but I fully expect that there will be lots of city spots opening over the next week or so. Should almost start a wait list...

Ultimatum

Banned

I can't decide if I want to get this. I love games like Sim City but those screenshots look ridiculous, and it gives the impression that this game will be a lot more restrictive than I'd like... I do think the idea of having regions is cool though, you guys are probably going to have a blast playing together, so that's why I'm still undecided, even if the game itself could be better.

Can't wait for the 20$ "Livin' Large" expansion with bigger areas.

They way they've been talking about the technical reasons behind the small areas (for example, there isn't enough memory for larger towns because the game is 32-bit instead of 64-bit), it sounds like it's going to be a much bigger deal than just a little expansion pack. At this point I'd expect that next year we'll get a full-priced "SimCity 2: Megalopolis" or some such that has higher minimum system specs but supports larger cities.

SRTtoZ

I don't know if more regions are going to open or not, but I fully expect that there will be lots of city spots opening over the next week or so. Should almost start a wait list...

Yea, there is no way 100+ people will be there day 1 ready to play. Some of those spots were taken from people who dont even post on Gaf lol.

Yea, there is no way 100+ people will be there day 1 ready to play. Some of those spots were taken from people who dont even post on Gaf lol.

I will be there but I will be jumping between this and tomb raider. My gf is a big TR freak so I will play that game when she is home to watch and then onto simcity when goes to work.

They way they've been talking about the technical reasons behind the small areas (for example, there isn't enough memory for larger towns because the game is 32-bit instead of 64-bit), it sounds like it's going to be a much bigger deal than just a little expansion pack. At this point I'd expect that next year we'll get a full-priced "SimCity 2: Megalopolis" or some such that has higher minimum system specs but supports larger cities.

Unacceptable in this day and age.

Top Bottom