• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

megalowho

Game is looking good, especially the UI. Very intuitive. Won't be picking this up, putting my money where my mouth is when it comes to supporting EA, but looking forward to seeing what you all create in this thread.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Added a new Community section with a link to a spreadsheet where everyone's Origin usernames will go. PM me your GAF, Origin and real world region and I'll put it in as soon as possible.

Looking for people to collaborate with this so if anyone wants to help out, PM me! :)

Alright, I went through all the posts again and update my signup sheet, asterix marks those who are in for the beta as well!

Code:
GAF-Name       Origin-Name
*Rentahamster   Rentahamster
*FearMyWrench   FearMyWrench
*saunderez      saunderez
Fixed1979       Fixed1979
*FuzzyNorman    Absolute22
*Smiley90       Smiley90
*AppleMIX       AppleMIXX
Felix Lighter   FelixLighter
Stasis          ??
Notrollius      ??
Cripterion      ??
Nero3000        Oren3000
Metalmurphy     ?? (+1 if possible)
Burgess_101     Burgess_101
Rs4             Rsfour
Pyrogeek        Joby21
*Moaradin       Moaradin
Snuggler        Snuggler666
Liquidsword     Liquidsword98
Phreaker        Phreakerz
Reluctant-Hero  Reluctant-H
LyleLanley      MelvinVanHorne
Got The Shakes  GotTheShakes
mikekennyb      mikekennyb

If I missed people or if you want to add your origin nick, or if you're also in for today's beta, just post here. Cjdamon, you're more than welcome to copy paste this.

I'll get to editing it properly when home...

Smiley90

If you want to move to a different form of registration/signup for the actual launch (either what splinter said or a dedicted signup page) that's good too, my impromptu list was more for the beta and a general idea of how much interest there is (seemingly a lot, which is great :D)

SLV

GODDAM, fucking EA ! Was looking at simcity in gmg just yesterday, was 45 Euros with the voucher i think, today it does not show up for me anymore..... FUUUUUUUUUU, i just cant justify 60 Euros for it, any legit place to get the game cheaper elsewhere ?

Omiee

no mail again.

i just want to try the game out :(

i really would like a key.

i pre ordered it from amazon.co.uk should i not get a key from them maybe?

Alright, I went through all the posts again and update my signup sheet, asterix marks those who are in for the beta as well!

Code:
Fixed1979      Fixed1979
*Smiley90       Smiley90
*AppleMIX  AppleMIXX
Stasis   ??
Notrollius  ??
Cripterion   ??
Nero3000   Oren3000
Metalmurphy    ?? (+1 if possible)
Burgess_101   Burgess_101
Rs4   Rsfour
Pyrogeek     Joby21
*Moaradin    Moaradin
Snuggler   Snuggler666
Liquidsword. Liquidsword98

If I missed people or if you want to add your origin nick, or if you're also in for today's beta, just post here. Cjdamon, you're more than welcome to copy paste this.

I'd love to be added to the list, please!

GAF: Reluctant-Hero
Origin: Reluctant-H

Just preordered the game from Amazon this afternoon thanks to the CAGROCKS coupon. Haven't played Sim City in a long time, very hyped!

GODDAM, fucking EA ! Was looking at simcity in gmg just yesterday, was 45 Euros with the voucher i think, today it does not show up for me anymore..... FUUUUUUUUUU, i just cant justify 60 Euros for it, any legit place to get the game cheaper elsewhere ?

I got it from a place called gamehold for £29.17 (its £2 more for the limited edition).

Smiley90

I got a code for tonights beta, is there anywhere I can download the game before it starts?

Did you get your code already? Or just the confirmation that you WILL get a code? If you already have it, you should be able to put it into origin and start downloading.

Smiley90

Damnit just a confirmation :(

I don't think anyone has gotten their codes yet, hopefully they'll send it out soon so we won't have download/install-time cutting into our playtime :(

For the beta, I'm planning on going high-education-city, if we wanna start departmentalizing! :D

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I haven't gotten my code yet, either. I don't think anyone has.

For our beta region, are we laying out any ground rules? I'm thinking that since we only have 4 hours, to just let everyone do whatever the hell they wanna do. Organized stuff can be saved for the real game next week.

Just play nice, and feel free to fuck up your own city if you want to test things out, but just make sure that your actions won't detrimentally affect the other people in our region.

Smiley90

I haven't gotten my code yet, either. I don't think anyone has.

For our beta region, are we laying out any ground rules? I'm thinking that since we only have 4 hours, to just let everyone do whatever the hell they wanna do. Organized stuff can be saved for the real game next week.

Just play nice, and feel free to fuck up your own city if you want to test things out, but just make sure that your actions won't detrimentally affect the other people in our region.

Pretty much. I don't think it's even possible to have that much of an effect on the whole region in just 4h of play. Everyone can go crazy with what they want to do and see what happens. Also remember, you can always reset your city if you don't like what happened.

Quick question about the multiplayer:

Will you be able to interact with other player's cities that you don't know? Meaning, is multiplayer/online only with friends, or will it just place your city next to other cities of other people playing online?

Smiley90

Quick question about the multiplayer:

Will you be able to interact with other player's cities that you don't know? Meaning, is multiplayer/online only with friends, or will it just place your city next to other cities of other people playing online?

You're free to either join a private region (just yourself), a region with friends and no strangers, or a random region with strangers. Your choice.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I feel bad for the people who have limited bandwidth who are probably gonna finish downloading the beta 30 minutes before it ends.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Glad some of you are enjoying the stream (sorry about the park layout ;]) tomorrow is going to be exciting. Just you wait.

You're free to either join a private region (just yourself), a region with friends and no strangers, or a random region with strangers. Your choice.

Awesome!!! TYVM..Sounds fun. This won't be available on Steam will it? I'd rather not have to buy a physical copy, but I don't want to bother with Origin.

Code:
Fixed1979      Fixed1979
*Smiley90       Smiley90
*AppleMIX  AppleMIXX
Stasis   ??
Notrollius  ??
Cripterion   ??
Nero3000   Oren3000
Rs4   Rsfour
Pyrogeek     Joby21
*Moaradin    Moaradin
Snuggler   Snuggler666
Liquidsword  Liquidsword98
Phreaker     Phreakerz
Reluctant-Hero   Reluctant-H
LyleLanley    MelvinVanHorne

Not in the beta but will be getting the game day 1. Origin ID is GotTheShakes.

trinest

Oh wow is there another beta? Hopfully I'll get into it, shame the timing is a bit werid, its probably something stupid like in the wee hours of the morning for me :|

Smiley90

Oh wow is there another beta? Hopfully I'll get into it, shame the timing is a bit werid, its probably something stupid like in the wee hours of the morning for me :|

It starts in an hour... They sent out emails who will get in yesterday though, so you're probably out of luck :/

You should get them around 430. ;)

Thanks! 30mins to download... Okay.

If I'm not done by 5, then someone else should make the region? Let's just agree on a name right now so the first thing we can do is search for that name and see if another gaffer was first in creating it. Should be one of the 16-city regions, I don't care which.

Ideas for names for the beta?

Code:
Fixed1979      Fixed1979
*Smiley90       Smiley90
*AppleMIX  AppleMIXX
Stasis   ??
Notrollius  ??
Cripterion   ??
Nero3000   Oren3000
Rs4   Rsfour
Pyrogeek     Joby21
*Moaradin    Moaradin
Snuggler   Snuggler666
Liquidsword  Liquidsword98
Phreaker     Phreakerz
Reluctant-Hero   Reluctant-H
LyleLanley    MelvinVanHorne

Please add me as well! GAF: mikekennyb Origin ID: mikekennyb

I never order physical copies but if the key can be plopped into Origin, it might be worth it for the credit. Forget using an actual disc, though, ew.

GAF: Snuggler
Origin: Snuggler666

Add me to the group since I'll likely be on board day one. I apologize in advance for all of the future pollution and crime leaking from my city.

I'm assuming that once the game is installed and registered through Origin that I'll never need the disc again. At least this was true with the only other 2 physical copies of games that I purchased in the past 5 years (Diablo III and Starcraft 2). If anyone can confirm if I'm right or wrong about that, I would appreciate it since I would switch to the digital version. The $20 credit is too tempting to pass up unless I have to.

trinest

It starts in an hour... They sent out emails who will get in yesterday though, so you're probably out of luck :/

Oh even if I did have a key I'd been working all through the beta :|

(oh and origin list me: trinest is my user name on it, and I was in Beta 1 and 2).

taoofjord

I got the invite email last night but still haven't received a key and it starts in 2 hours. EA is really being a pain in the butt with the beta for this game. Very annoying.

Top Bottom