• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

Ghost23

Downloaded, installed, and ready to go. Though I need to study a little, so I might not be on for another hour or so. How will I be able to join the GAF region?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Downloaded, installed, and ready to go. Though I need to study a little, so I might not be on for another hour or so. How will I be able to join the GAF region?

You installed all 12gb's already? or just the origin-part? You need to download a much larger file from within the client, too :D

Also I'd say when we create the region, everyone just picks one first til we know who's around, and then a second one once everyone's gotten their first? sounds good?

Fixed1979

I've added everyone from the list down to MetalMurphy.

saunderez isn't found as a user name though.

And thanks meltingparappa for the code!

Definity

Downloading the beta now. Seems that Maxis is really trying hard to figure out how much pain the servers can take with all these betas before next Tuesday.

Still not sure what type of city I want to play tonight.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The only thing that worries me are the reports that you have to add the people who are eligible to join your region before you create it. I hope it actually doesn't work that way, otherwise it'll be a little hard, logistically.

Smiley90

My download is done, I'll be good to go to create the region and invite everyone!

EDIT: I really hope invites go cross-server though? The code I got is Europe...

Smiley90

It does, click on % complete at the bottom of Origin. It creates a new window showing the download speed. I'm just over 2MB...

Only 268.24MB download...

I mean the Simcity download client ;) That file is like... 11gb :/

I think Arcology is the easiest one to build. No big requirements besides resources.

Arcology-429x400.png

Fixed1979

Twitter:

Heads up, Mayors -- the #SimCityBeta servers are currently closed. Phase 1 of our test is complete and our next phase starts at 6pm PST.

I just got in... the only region available is Cape Trinity with 3 cities, lol.

Well, I'll still join a 3 city region with two others if anyone wants to.

Top Bottom