• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
well, back to random guessing then.

Maybe people born after Labor Day are the ones affected. So, any September-December people have downloads?

JambiBum

Maybe people born after Labor Day are the ones affected. So, any September-December people have downloads?

My friend and I both ordered our games tonight. Both limiteds. He ordered his 40 mins before mine and he is playing now. I'm still waiting to even start the download.

evilhomer

Yes!

Though now it seems like the servers are having some problems. NA and EU West say busy and struggling to get into NA east. Did the tutorial a bit just to check settings but than left...

edit: seems fine now.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I've seen someone say that they've been rolling through their Deluxe Preorders first, and just now getting to the Limited versions.

So, question is, the people that got on earlier, were they all deluxe owners or not.

You're trying to ascribe reason to ea's incompetence. There is none.

Picking servers matter. If you're not on the same server, you won't see your other Origin friends. Also, games are saved per server region, so if you move, you'll need to start from scratch.

viridian woods 3 neighbors,
had to switch servers, i was originally in europe server.
had to switch over to North America East 1.
invites are being sent out.
you have to be on that server for you to receive an invite

Grrr

Laptop kept cutting out after I increased graphic settings, re-applied thermal paste, now downloading latest ATI drivers.........the game did warn me about my old drivers at the start.......

Grrr

Laptop kept cutting out after I increased graphic settings, re-applied thermal paste, now downloading latest ATI drivers.........the game did warn me about my old drivers at the start.......

I'm still tinkering with mine. Also, fullscreen also seems to mean exclusive. That's inexcusable. =(

syoaran

Followed another GAFers advice on picking up a cdkey early, getting constant delays now after they took my money. My bad really, should of just waited patiently for the 8th....

SLV

Followed another GAFers advice on picking up a cdkey early, getting constant delays now after they took my money. My bad really, should of just waited patiently for the 8th....

Yeah same for me, got a early e-mail about 24 hours bla bla bla.

Well mine is working fine ;) Titan Gorge 1 guys please message me as soon as, its just gone 7am here and I haven't slept. Last pics from me:

curve1xuo8.png

tokyobyu9k.png

syoaran

Yeah same for me, got a early e-mail about 24 hours bla bla bla.

Aye. can't really believe how that worked out though, I ordered a few moments after a few people here got their keys and stuck in this cycle now. Hopefully they will pull though before the end of the day

North Texas here, still no email.

My Wife's retail copy will get here tomorrow before I even get the key at this rate (end overacting hyperbolic statement)

if I wasnt at work id be pretty pissed

also considering I was able to remotely start my download for tomb raider at midnight from my phone, and I still cant do shit about SimCity even when I get home, Origin continues to impress me.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
This multiplayer-focused thing, while really cool, is also really annoying.

For instance, my area already has two Singaporean players. While one seems like a nice guy, he barely speaks.

The other city, some dude joined, claimed and instantly left. I can't remove him from the region.

While all that fun stuff is happening, my city is spiraling down a destruction vortex, as I can't last 3 months without some massive drawback. I really want to restart (now that I know a little about the game), but I don't want to be a dick to all these people that are stuck on the same region as me. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to restart a city either.

This sucks.

DrBo42

Wonder how long we'll have to wait for a paid expansion to literally expand your cities into something reasonable. The abrupt end of cities in these screenshots is awful.

Edit: Can a neighbor build up to that line on your border and make the illusion of a large city?

Wonder how long we'll have to wait for a paid expansion to literally expand your cities into something reasonable. The abrupt end of cities in these screenshots is awful.

Edit: Can a neighbor build up to that line on your border and make the illusion of a large city?

No, there are no adjacent cities

sp3000

No that's the reason why the region view looks absolutely ridiculous with the large streets going between each city and nothing else connecting them.

SRTtoZ

Well im outta here. Fuck this shit. For the record I will not be creating Discovery Delta 3 tonight since my game still isnt showing on Origin. See everyone tomorrow.

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
Downloaded and installed the game but the screen goes blank for a few second and then nothing happens. I see the icon for the game at the bottom butI can't switch to it.

Windows 7, 64 bit, AMD Radeon 4000 series. two monitors

what gives?

DrBo42

Downloaded and installed the game but the screen goes blank for a few second and then nothing happens. I see the icon for the game at the bottom butI can't switch to it.

Windows 7, 64 bit, AMD Radeon 4000 series. two monitors

what gives?

Jump out of dual monitor mode until you get in the game?

fleck0

Sooo I'm a little late but reading the last few pages is tonight a bad time to impulse buy the LE from Origin? Is this a Diablo 3-style wait until tomorrow thing? or is it select relailers having problems?

At 60%, any Discovery Delta 2 people got it downloaded/created the server? Also, what region to join?

Someone tell me this is not the maximum size of cities. If it is, no buy from me.

Sadly yes for now, although they say they're looking into changing(charging ;) it. Keep in mind it's balanced somewhat by the fact that you're controlling multiple cities/playing online but it is definitively a shame.

Ceebs

Sooo I'm a little late but reading the last few pages is tonight a bad time to impulse buy the LE from Origin? Is this a Diablo 3-style wait until tomorrow thing? or is it select relailers having problems?

Only if you buy it directly from the company who made the fucking game.

Feep

Banned
Sadly yes for now, although they say they're looking into changing(charging ;) it. Keep in mind it's balanced somewhat by the fact that you're controlling multiple cities/playing online but it is definitively a shame.
Holy shit.

You guys are probably laughing at me for not knowing this, but I haven't had a chance to follow the game...been pretty crazy the last couple weeks.

All the work they put in, and they couldn't include a "don't simulate so much shit" switch to allow for larger sizes? Jesus. EA is horrible.

evilhomer

At 60%, any Discovery Delta 2 people got it downloaded/created the server? Also, what region to join?

I've got it downloaded. I'm hesitant to start the region myself since I will be gone a couple days and don't want to mess up invites while any euro people are waiting for it. If you want to start I will join though :)

I'm in NA west right now.

So addictive and I guess the updated drivers fixed the issues my laptop was having

Anyone figure out a quick way to get medium wealth shoppers?

30 minute server queue! And if I'm the first to play I'll make the region, plan on playing quite a bit so I should be on if things need doing.

Edit: Switched to Oceaniac: The EA logo made for this is really cute

Edit 2: It's making me play the tutorial again ;-;

Edit 2.5: At least It's a bit different, shows off some of the regional aspects a bit more. For example you don't set up a water tower, you buy your supply from lucky shore.

I'm hoping someone knows how to get out of this:

I have a hospital and the game wants to show me how to share it with my fellow GAFers in Viridian Woods 3. Well, I don't have any that I can reach by road, so I'm stuck on Step #3 of the tutorial (pick a city).

I can't cancel the tutorial, go back home, visit any other city (stuck in Region View), use any menus, etc.

Top Bottom