• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

Definity

I crashed on the couch and then heard my phone wake me up with an email. Was Origin telling me I could download the game. I've already downloaded the client and not it appears I'm downloading the game. Too bad I'm totally drained of energy. Going back to bed now. :)

StUnNeR H2K

Started Viridian Woods #2

I'm on North American - East Coast server.

Here is our list again...

Viridian Woods #2
Lancaster Pointe - (GAF) Arcticfox (Origin) Arcticfox24
Yorkshire Cliffs - (GAF) StevieP (Origin) steviep_to
Tudor Isle - (GAF) Soi-Fong (Origin) Moki-asa
Wessex Bend - (GAF) Reluctant-Hero (Origin) Reluctant-Hero
Traviata Knoll - (GAF) StUnNeR H2K (Origin) StUnNeR-H2K
Giovanni Woods - (GAF) The Wizard (Origin) DeadPixelOrigin
Figaro Forest - (GAF) Pyrogeek (Origin) Joby21
Tosca Cliffs - (GAF) Snuggler (Origin) Snuggler666
Straussburg Isles - (GAF) JordanKZ (Origin) J0rdan_KZ
Burghausen Hills - (GAF) Norante (Origin) Norantus
Bamberg Basin - (GAF) Spazo (Origin) SpazoQC
Hohenburg Shores - (GAF) froliq (Origin) frolique
Matisse Plains - (GAF) Dr.Palutena (Origin) DrPalutena
Gaugin Valley - (GAF) sdornan (Origin) sdornan
Rousseau Flats - (GAF) RedWaltz79 (Origin) RedWaltz
Monet Plateau - (GAF) sl4yor (Origin) Tabzor

Information on servers:

Each SimCity server exists as a parallel SimCity world - each has it’s own global economy, and you’ll be able to play on up to 10 regions on each server. Below you can find some important things to keep in mind about SimCity servers:
  • Cities and regions cannot be moved to another server or accessed from another server.
  • There are no language or location restrictions on servers, so you can play with your friends from around the globe, and connect with players from all over the world
  • If a server becomes full, new players will not be able to join - only players with a region on that server will be able to access it.
  • Players trying to join extremely busy servers may not be able to join immediately, and will have to wait until space becomes available.
  • If a server is unavailable, players will be informed through a Server Status Alert on the SimCity launcher.

stufte

Sweet, I can't even download the copy I bought a long time ago on Origin, and they now have it available to purchase through their store. FULFILL YOUR ORDERS BEFORE YOU SELL MORE.

The one chance that EA/Origin has to actually take customers from Steam and to prove they are at least a comparable service is a total botch. No pre-loading? Can't even access it at midnight? This is ridiculous. I had an inner battle just to convince myself to pre-order earlier today, then this? Ugh. Imbeciles!

Hip Hop

Did GMG not send out keys yet?

I got an Authorization error when I tried purchasing it. I'm wondering if my funds got put on hold so I can buy elsewhere.

It seems like I have to wait to call the bank in the morning.

This was my first purchase through them too.

Lothars

I have two complaints they didn't charge me until just now and than took forever to make the download avilable which It finally did and now they finally charged me.

I wish it would be like Steam, charge me right away but than let me have access ot the game right after.

Nibiru

Banned
It popped for my computer but not for my wifes and she pre-ordered waaay before i did. So there is obviously no order priority for unlocking peoples copies. Imo that's really bad.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Ya, for people who ordered on Origin. If you don't wanna mash the game library refresh screen, you can just watch your e-mail.

It's 100% NOT unlocking until you get that e-mail.

Ya, for people who ordered on Origin. If you don't wanna mash the game library refresh screen, you can just watch your e-mail.

Got the email, refreshed dozens of times.

Restarted client

Redeemed code from email

still

nothing

sadface

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So uh.. what server does our region start on? Fixed, should I just create it, since you don't have keys yet?

It's weird, I only see on person ingame from within the game, but in the friendlist it's many more... what's up with that? do i only see people on the same server?

stufte

So I'll just mash the refresh button in my mail client then. Gotcha! ;)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
it's sad, now the origin store site even says it's out, I can add to cart.

But it's still greyed out as not released on my preorder.

Phionoxx

Well 75 minutes after the "origin availability" time has passed, I am calling it a night. I will check again tomorrow morning before heading into work. This is disappointing.

Nibiru

Banned
I'm still gray. Its like they are rolling them out 1 by fucking 1.

Reloading is nonsense and so is logging out and in. While i was on my Wife's pc hitting refresh like lunatic I look over at mine that was untouched since midnight and it was ready to download...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Okay, for everyone in VIRIDIAN WOODS #1, join NORTH AMERICA EAST! I'm making the region there and will send out invites to everyone. Those that have the game, contact me and I'll send out invites! I don't see anyone from my region online yet... or at least not on this server :x

Top Bottom