• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

Hasney

Hey — anyone know how many installs you get with Origin?

Like can my wife install this on her laptop and play with my sign in, when I'm no playing on my desktop?

Yup, you can install it anywhere as long as the Origin account is only signed in at one place at any one time.

Spookie

Make sure you set up bus stops. Your sims cant get to school if a bus doesn't stop near them

I would have though people might have realised that by now since schools no longer have that daft circle around them. It was one of the first things I notice during the first beta.

What's the situation with the servers? I'm from the US, but I'm currently in the UK. Is it possible for me to buy it from a US retailer and play it here, or will the servers block me out until the 8th? Anyone know?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Reminder for new page and all:

People from VIRIDIAN WOODS #1: please make sure to join NA EAST 1 server, that's where our region is set up! I invited those that were ingame and on the right server last night, I can't send invites to those on other servers! I will send out more invites when I get back home tonight (6.30pm PST ish)

(Saw your post Stasis)

Also, the game is TONS of fun, although I'm running into trouble with my first city. Oh wellll :x

Is anyone intending on streaming their gameplay on the internet?

The Letsallbemayor videos have me yearnin for more since i still have to wait two more days for my own copy.

garath

How do you see the size of the city plot beforehand? I've only seen different-sized regions...

All the city plots are the same size. They have different geography but they are the same size. Regions have different sizes, but that's simply the number of city plots available.

N-Bomb

All the city plots are the same size. They have different geography but they are the same size. Regions have different sizes, but that's simply the number of city plots available.

Indeed, so when people say they want 'bigger', I think they mean city plots rather than regions, no?

Megasoum

Banned

People from VIRIDIAN WOODS #1: please make sure to join NA EAST 1 server, that's where our region is set up! I invited those that were ingame and on the right server last night, I can't send invites to those on other servers! I will send out more invites when I get back home tonight (6.30pm PST ish)

(Saw your post Stasis)

Also, the game is TONS of fun, although I'm running into trouble with my first city. Oh wellll :x

Good good, I'll contact you tonight if you haven't already sent the invite.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Nice one! I'll be watching the next couple of hours then!

It'll also be very boring, as my city is pretty much done and I just need to figure out what do I need to do to make it stop fluctuating between 68k and 72k residents. And get enough energy. And change taxes. And figuring out water.

Smiley90

Good good, I'll contact you tonight if you haven't already sent the invite.

You've been invited already ;)

Not sure if non-creaters can send invites out too, but BigJonsson and CzarTim have already claimed their spots too, so if you can'd wait until tonight and they are on you can try asking them to see if they can invite you.

Megasoum

Banned
You've been invited already ;)

Not sure if non-creaters can send invites out too, but BigJonsson and CzarTim have already claimed their spots too, so if you can'd wait until tonight and they are on you can try asking them to see if they can invite you.

Bah I'm at work too. And while I'll join asap I'm not sure that the gaf region will be my main right now. I want to train in my private region a bit before going multiplayer and screwing everybody lol.

ekim

(Saw your post Stasis)

Afaik every Server houses the same regions. :eek:

Oh goodness, all my firetrucks got stuck and all traffic halted in one part of the map. My entire city was on fire and I could do nothing. Thought it was my fault at first but I finally quit and came back and all the traffic had cleared and acted like it had the past 8 hours (I hadn't done any sudden road changes, at least in the last 30 minutes). By that point however it was too late, my city is totally and completely fucked. In the red because all the workers are running around like headless chickens and as such the factories died Rather stressful :/

EvB

Just purchased a key from GMG and it 500'd errored after paypal took my money, now I've got to wait 3-5 days for support to get back to me :/

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Downloaded and looking for stalwart GAF city planners to team up with for utopia (or just a collection of poor decisions leading to entertaining consequences).

Origin ID: ericbee99

Add me to your pals list and lets get weird.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
I see there is the issue of the size of each individual city. Is it an issue or are we actually looking at it wrong? I mean can i have a 16 city private region and I make various, say 4, different citys, one is supplying minerals etc, one water and I have 4 smaller citys but I am managing this huge region?? or does it not work like that? then my friends can join and manage other citys in the region? that sound incredible to me!

Smiley90

Afaik every Server houses the same regions. :eek:

The same OPTIONS for regions, yes, but if I create a region on NA EAST 1, only people that are also on NA EAST 1 can join it, where it's stored.

I see there is the issue of the size of each individual city. Is it an issue or are we actually looking at it wrong? I mean can i have a 16 city private region and I make various, say 4, different citys, one is supplying minerals etc, one water and I have 4 smaller citys but I am managing this huge region?? or does it not work like that? then my friends can join and manage other citys in the region? that sound incredible to me!

That is EXACTLY how it works, thank you. And yes it's a ton of fun. People need to get used to that being what the game is about, not massive jack of all trades cities played individually.

Server issues were expected and will sort themselves out soon, I see pretty much the exact same posts here that I saw in the Diablo release thread.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

From TotalBiscuit's WTF is SimCity, the problem with trying to run them all yourself is that time is paused in all your other cities. Running a 16 city region on your own would involve a ton of tedious hopping around to shuffle resources. In multiplayer, they run concurrently - and he said that's an incentive to get people to play together.

mitheor

Yes, you can, but there is only one active city at a time (between the ones you are managing). The other cities stop earning money and increasing their population.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

You can do all of that! And you won't find city size restrictive, you'll just need to be that much of a sharp and focused player to lay out the roads and maximize your city to reach its full potential.

From TotalBiscuit's WTF is SimCity, the problem with trying to run them all yourself is that time is paused in all your other cities. Running a 16 city region on your own would involve a ton of tedious hopping around to shuffle resources. In multiplayer, they run concurrently - and he said that's an incentive to get people to play together.

You have to do so with Sim City 4 too.

StUnNeR H2K

Anyone setup Viridian Woods 2 yet?

Yes. About four of us are in it already. It doesn't allow me to invite anyone until they have actually logged into the game and played it.

I'm getting back on soon... on a laptop now and will invite anyone new that has jumped in since early this morning.

Mugaaz

The simulation aspects are so much better in this one though. I mean way, way, way better. Not just the "simulation" part, but the part where you controls how you build and distribute services and see their impact. Feels sooooo much better. The plots are too small for my taste, but people are really underselling how much deeper the layers go than before.

RedWaltz79

Neo Member
Yes. About four of us are in it already. It doesn't allow me to invite anyone until they have actually logged into the game and played it.

I'm getting back on soon... on a laptop now and will invite anyone new that has jumped in since early this morning.

I have been playing. Which server?

FaintDeftone

Question: None of my Origin friends are showing up in Sim City and it says I have zero friends. Do I actually have to manually add them in the game or is there something wrong and the game isn't reading my Origin friends list?

Soi-Fong

Soo, I've gotten the game downloaded and everything, but I can't get into my city at all.

Someone claimed my city and then abandoned it, but now I don't have access to it. I'm thinking it's a LE and DD issue even though I already bought the upgrade to DD.

I'm wondering if I can take one of the other cities...

SimCity2013-03-0510-45-54-26_zpsd36b6b11.jpg

SimCity2013-03-0510-46-03-60_zps25dfa740.jpg

SimCity2013-03-0510-46-16-84_zpsfb50228f.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Some sim on Drizzle's stream has apparently been giving birth for the last 10 minutes :lol

Top Bottom