• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Is everyone getting the "unable to load the city at this time" error when trying to start the tutorial?

Always online! What could possibly go wrong.

bedlamite

My first city is horrific, traffic infrastructure is a mess and the zoning is just haphazard lol. Love the look of the game though.

JE8Qc7q.jpg
it1vlTD.jpg

Tiu Neo

I received the origin e-mail now, but will probably have time to install/play only on the weekend :(

Any Brazilians playing? Is there a Brazil/South America server?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
My first city is horrific, traffic infrastructure is a mess and the zoning is just haphazard lol. Love the look of the game though.

JE8Qc7q.jpg
it1vlTD.jpg

Wow, those are awesome region view screenshots. Love the look of the first one especially, the night time shot.

Is this on one of the GAF regions, a public region, or are you playing a private region by yourself?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Reminder for new page and all:

People from VIRIDIAN WOODS #1: please make sure to join NA EAST 1 server, that's where our region is set up! I invited those that were ingame and on the right server last night, I can't send invites to those on other servers! I will send out more invites when I get back home tonight (6.30pm PST ish)

(Saw your post Stasis)

Also, the game is TONS of fun, although I'm running into trouble with my first city. Oh wellll :x

Has Viridian Woods 1 been created already?

bedlamite

Wow, those are awesome region view screenshots. Love the look of the first one especially, the night time shot.

Is this on one of the GAF regions, a public region, or are you playing a private region by yourself?
Nope, not the GAF regions, just playing in a private region with a couple of my buddies

I received the origin e-mail now, but will probably have time to install/play only on the weekend :(

Any Brazilians playing? Is there a Brazil/South America server?
I'm playing, but had the time to play the tutorial only. As fas as I know, there's no server in Brazil or South America. Maybe we'll have to connect to the North American servers instead? I'll check it tonight as soon as I get home from work.

Smiley90

Bummer :/

Do people from EU want to create a new region? We should be able to get enough people together.

You can just join the NA east server? It's not like this is an FPS where latency is an issue.

Soi-Fong

Soo, I've gotten the game downloaded and everything, but I can't get into my city at all.

Someone claimed my city and then abandoned it, but now I don't have access to it. I'm thinking it's a LE and DD issue even though I already bought the upgrade to DD.

I'm wondering if I can take one of the other cities...

SimCity2013-03-0510-45-54-26_zpsd36b6b11.jpg

SimCity2013-03-0510-46-03-60_zps25dfa740.jpg

SimCity2013-03-0510-46-16-84_zpsfb50228f.jpg

Requoting for the new page just if anyone has any idea what's going on..

FaintDeftone

Is there any way to skip the tutorial? I tried to swap servers and it makes me do it all over again, even when I start it and back out to the main menu.

gamma

You can just join the NA east server? It's not like this is an FPS where latency is an issue.

Haha no^^ It's just that I want to play in a region where everyone starts together. I think there were some other people asking for this as well. Kind of lame to start when everyone else has already built their city.

Zona

Requoting for the new page just if anyone has any idea what's going on..

A... possible problem. It may be that if the person who starts the region has any of the extra content no one without it can join. If that&#8217;s the case then the regions should be created by someone with the base game.

devo1989

Hey, just got my GMG key here in the UK. I assume I can VPN trick it into downloading like Steam? Whats the protocol for Origin? First thing I have bought on this service. Thanks :)

Soi-Fong

A... possible problem. It may be that if the person who starts the region has any of the extra content no one without it can join. If that’s the case then the regions should be created by someone with the base game.

Except that's the thing I bought the 20 dollar DD upgrade from Origin and I have all the stuff included in it, the German, British and French city set.

Zona

Except that's the thing I bought the 20 dollar DD upgrade from Origin and I have all the stuff included in it, the German, British and French city set.

Did you activate it? I only have the limited set but I had to manually enter a game code to get Plumbob Park.

Smiley90

Haha no^^ It's just that I want to play in a region where everyone starts together. I think there were some other people asking for this as well. Kind of lame to start when everyone else has already built their city.

Hardly anyone has started yet, don't worry :p when I went to bed last night I think onl
czartim had seriously started building stuff. However you do it, people will always start at different times anyway

Zona

Check the purchase email from origin and see if theres any game codes in it. If there are add them to origin. This is just me speculating on the cause mind you.

Soi-Fong

Did you activate it? I only have the limited set but I had to manually enter a game code to get Plumbob Park.

Also looked at my order confirmation. There was no serial number provided for the upgrade. They said the content should just appear in game which they have.

Only thing that's not changing is it still says LE in my library.

gamma

Hardly anyone has started yet, don't worry :p when I went to bed last night I think onl
czartim had seriously started building stuff. However you do it, people will always start at different times anyway

Okay. I too got my key from GMG. However Origin still seems to be overloaded since it's not appearing in my library after I activated it.

Soi-Fong

Check the purchase email from origin and see if theres any game codes in it. If there are add them to origin. This is just me speculating on the cause mind you.

I didn't purchase from Origin for the full game. I bought it from Amazon.

If you're talking about the upgrade like I said no serial number was provided.

Wanace

My install is broken and I try to play the games and the textures in the menus are missing. I exited out to try and repair the install but now the fucking servers aren't letting me do it. Argh!

Agkel

Hey guys, im here waiting for my gf to buy some shoes and i have a GS right next to me.

If I really loved simcity 4 will i like this game?

What are the main differences between sc 4 and this?(besides drm)

Is it still possible to play with gaffers?

And do you recommend i buy now at full price or wait until later?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hey guys, im here waiting for my gf to buy some shoes and i have a GS right next to me.

If I really loved simcity 4 will i like this game?

What are the main differences between sc 4 and this?(besides drm)

Is it still possible to play with gaffers?

And do you recommend i buy now at full price or wait until later?

SC4 had terraforming (making your own maps) and larger maps.

SimCity has stronger multiplayer function, "better simulations" (hard to prove without getting a closer look) and better graphics.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Okay. I too got my key from GMG. However Origin still seems to be overloaded since it's not appearing in my library after I activated it.

Just to confirm I also got my key from GMG. Redeemed it on Origin, it said was successful but nothing is showing in my library.

I'm from UK.

Origin is telling me the game isn't out yet so it won't install, even though the ad that popped up when I opened the app is telling me Sim City is out. What a mess. Do I need to contact Origin or is the game still not technically out yet?

Spookie

Just to confirm I also got my key from GMG. Redeemed it on Origin, it said was successful but nothing is showing in my library.

I'm from UK.

Same issue. It looks like it might be Origin being complete dog shit. They also pushed out a BF3 update today as well. Sure glad they are forcing us on to their shitty software when it can't handle the load. I'm sure BF4 will be a laugh come release date.

Top Bottom