• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

f0rk

The game isn't out in the UK yet we couldn't play even if it was showing up

Is it true you can only share resources with cities close to yours in a region?

Tiu Neo

I'm playing, but had the time to play the tutorial only. As fas as I know, there's no server in Brazil or South America. Maybe we'll have to connect to the North American servers instead? I'll check it tonight as soon as I get home from work.

Oh well, North American servers it is, then. I hope they are a bit less crowded on the weekend (hah).

Don't have a lot of friends on Origin, I hope it's playable single player. If you guys want someone to play with, you can add me, TiuNeo.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Hey guys, im here waiting for my gf to buy some shoes and i have a GS right next to me.

If I really loved simcity 4 will i like this game?

What are the main differences between sc 4 and this?(besides drm)

Is it still possible to play with gaffers?

And do you recommend i buy now at full price or wait until later?

The new Simcity is a different beast than Simcity 4. The main differences between the two are:

PROS of new game:
- much better graphics and interface, it's awesome
- curved roads! and they work exceptionally well
- multiplayer game
- more detailed simulation engine

CONS:
- no terraforming
- much smaller city sizes, you can fit about 9 of the new game's citys inside of a large Simcity 4 city (they are between a small and medium SC4 city)
- no farms, subways, or elevated rails
- large empty spaces in the region view between citys that you can't build in
- always online, need internet connection to play at all

If you were a "hardcore" Simcity 4 player then you may find the new game too restrictive. If you just like to casually build up citys with little concern for realism in city layouts, and if you don't mind always online DRM, then the new game might be for you.

Showing the 4 current cities in TG 1

city2mkk7.png

The game isn't out in the UK yet we couldn't play even if it was showing up

Is it true you can only share resources with cities close to yours in a region?

But you could VPN to the US and unlock it, then disable the VPN and play normally. The EU servers are up.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Whoever was asking, I'm playing from Brazil on a US server and I'm not having any problems.

Other than the fact that there's nobody in my region, that is. :D

Cmon spill neogaf regions, where are you?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Release-date Wall of Shame:

Smiley90 243
Rentahamster 162
Metalmurphy 99
ekim 72
Burgess_101 67
DMPrince 62
drizzle 57
Megasoum 57
RedWaltz79 54
timetokill 47
FearMyWrench 45
SRTtoZ 43
Pandemic 43
pahamrick 43
LiquidMetal14 41

;D

I'm finally downloading this thing. I wonder if my laptop can handle this, of if I might get better performance by remote desktopping into my home computer haha

So... I played last night on my home machine.

I installed Origin on my work machine so I can play some later this afternoon... But Origin doesn't show my games in my game library when I log in on the work machine? Reload Games does nothing. I've reinstalled and relogged in as well.

What is going on? Anyone know?

I installed Origin on my work machine so I can play some later this afternoon... But Origin doesn't show my games in my game library when I log in on the work machine? Reload Games does nothing. I've reinstalled and relogged in as well.

Yeah I'm having the same problem. Contacting support atm.

I managed to pull my city back together to some degree but to do so had to mess with the zoning and streets so It's rather messy now. To be truthful I probably didn't have to but I was in a awful panic :D

God, if they ever release a traditional SimCity sized map I'll have a heart attack. So much to manage, good fun though.

froliq

Soo, I've gotten the game downloaded and everything, but I can't get into my city at all.

Someone claimed my city and then abandoned it, but now I don't have access to it. I'm thinking it's a LE and DD issue even though I already bought the upgrade to DD.

I'm wondering if I can take one of the other cities...

Try finding a abandoned city in a public game, see if you can take that.

I dunno if your problem is exactly the same as mine. After my first start up for Origin, I couldn't get it to show My Games, rather it had like two links that took me to the store. I just quit the program completely and started up again. And it was fine after that.

I dunno if your problem is exactly the same as mine. After my first start up for Origin, I couldn't get it to show My Games, rather it had like two links that took me to the store. I just quit the program completely and started up again. And it was fine after that.

Under 'My Games' it shows me ..

"Origin Store" and "Free Games"

And each takes you to the store to download stuff.. But it doesn't show my library of existing games which includes Sim City.. :(

EDIT: I should note that my home machine displays my library just fine as of last night.

mitheor

Redeemed EU GMG key. SimCity in my library.

I´ve tried to use it using US and Singapore VPN but it still says that i have to wait until 7th :(

stufte

So my game unlocked at my home computer at 8am (so much for that 3 hours thing from last night). HOWEVER, once I got to work origin is telling me it's still unreleased... on the same account. I've restarted and refreshed. Even tried to put in the product code from the email I got. nothing. work install of origin is saying NO.

Heh, I need to zone more residential to get workers but I'm running low on room......trying to increase density

I had to build my oil well right next to an area I had just set up as residential medium wealth lol.....but the oil is gonna bring in monies

Heh, I need to zone more residential to get workers but I'm running low on room......trying to increase density

I had to build my oil well right next to an area I had just set up as residential medium wealth lol.....but the oil is gonna bring in monies

I placed a coal mine in the middle of a major residential spot. The waves and ripples of sad faces penetrated my heart.

Mii

Banned
Has anyone tried yet whether you absolutely need a road connection to the freeway later on in the game? Could you be fine with air, rail and boat alone? Could you potentially be fine with nothing once you have a completed city?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
This program.. GOOD LORD

I just had to Remote Desktop into my freaking home machine to turn Origin off because their stupid program wouldn't auto disconnect my machine at home.

THE FUCK!?

There can only be on instance of Origin running under your username at once. Not sure if it is a piracy deal (buying a game and sharing it with friends/family) or would it put your cloud saves completely out of wack if more than one was open at a time. Probably a little bit of both.

There can only be on instance of Origin running under your username at once. Not sure if it is a piracy deal (buying a game and sharing it with friends/family) or would it put your cloud saves completely out of wack if more than one was open at a time. Probably a little bit of both.

Well duh..

That is how Steam works.

You aren't understanding my issue. Origin has a system built in to log you off your other machine if you log in another one. Yet... It didn't work.

I had to physically remote desktop into my home machine and manually close it.

f0rk

Same problem I can see the US store but Sim City isn't in my games, adding the key again says it's already been redeemed

OMG I'm about to rage quit. Gonna try to register Sims 3 University and see if the same crap happens.

484xj.png

Why?!! When you hover over the cover art does it show as "Closed Beta" for you guys?

DEO3

Okay so I just received my physical copy, cracked it open and redeemed the product code printed on the back of the manual in Origin. Everything checked out and it confirmed my purchase of SimCity, but there's no SimCity listed under the My Games tab. I'm hesitant to actually put the disk in because I heard if you install off the disk, the game will require it to be in the drive anytime you wish to play.

Can anyone confirm/deny?

But you could VPN to the US and unlock it, then disable the VPN and play normally. The EU servers are up.

This only works if you have a key and didn't pre-order it on Origin right?

Okay so I just received my physical copy, cracked it open and redeemed the product code printed on the back of the manual in Origin. Everything checked out and it confirmed my purchase of SimCity, but there's no SimCity listed under the My Games tab. I'm hesitant to actually put the disk in because I heard if you install off the disk, the game will require it to be in the drive anytime you wish to play.

Can anyone confirm/deny?

Tried rebooting origin?

rmrivera

Against my better judgement I bought this at launch and through origin. I can't even start the download origin continuously gives me an error after it gets stuck "preparing download". Can't wait to finally be able to download this because when I'm done I can go right into a server queue!

Rad-

OMG I'm about to rage quit. Gonna try to register Sims 3 University and see if the same crap happens.

Why?!! When you hover over the cover art does it show as "Closed Beta" for you guys?

At least you have the image. I don't even have that lol. It's like I don't even own the game, yet it redeemed the code...

cheesetom

Can anyone confirm/deny?

Welcome to the club.

Can anyone confirm/deny?

Same thing is happening to me look at my screenshot it now shows as closed beta.

Top Bottom