• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

So, metalmurphy -- I think you messed up the region locations? Your map doesn't match the in-game layout for Discovery Delta.

Do you guys want to keep your CITY NAME or your LOCATION? I can match you to one or the other. For instance, in-region, Jugband Hills is the city just across the river from Huckleberry Island. Metalmurphy's map shows it as Spooner Plains, though.

Also, right now on DD1 I'm only able to invite DMPrince, possibly because he's the only one who has logged onto NA West 1 before.

Main map page will now display server and creator like this:

untitled5hy5q.png

in case anyone needs to know where to play and from whom to get the invite.

So, metalmurphy -- I think you messed up the region locations? Your map doesn't match the in-game layout for Discovery Delta.

Do you guys want to keep your CITY NAME or your LOCATION? I can match you to one or the other. For instance, in-region, Jugband Hills is the city just across the river from Huckleberry Island. Metalmurphy's map shows it as Spooner Plains, though.

Also, right now on DD1 I'm only able to invite DMPrince, possibly because he's the only one who has logged onto NA West 1 before.

Yeah, not the first one to report it. if you can get me a proper map I'll update it. In the meanwhile, go by location, not by name.

SRTtoZ

Discovery Delta #3

Origin Requests sent out to:

Plastik2k12
yogloo
tekezy
nurve7
pelegrinuX
woodenlung
applemixx
theandrin
swirleyglasses1
munroe4985
zona221

Please ACCEPT soon or else zones will be given out to other people.

Origin users already accepted:

Cheesetom
SpudxBud
Flashburn2012
rmr2020

The zone will be created in a little while.

So envious of you guys. Have to wait a few days due to being in the UK. But I got my copy of Tomb Raider today so I've got that to keep me occupied!

So I'm in the Viridian Woods 3 GAF Game and I've basically run my city into the ground, if I abandon will it reset the plot so I can start fresh?

I was thinking of this too, sorta. My city's actually doing okay, but because it's my first city, I've majorly screwed things up via experimentation and poor planning. I have two choices:

1. Abandon, redo. Perfectly okay because none of the other three neighbors connected to me by road are in the game yet, so I won't hurt them.
2. Slowly fix. This is interesting because all of my experiments (land value, no schooling, etc.) need to be erased, but how to do so without ruining the city will be tricky.

We'll see.

Discovery Delta #3

Plastik2k12
yogloo
tekezy
nurve7
pelegrinuX
woodenlung
applemixx
theandrin
swirleyglasses1
munroe4985
zona221

Cheesetom
SpudxBud
Flashburn2012
rmr2020

I acknowledge this request, though I can't do anything about it until Friday.

Starting off with a mining town to feed the future growth of new cities. I finally broke down and let the stupid bastards (you don't need schools to learn to swing a pickaxe) have medical care after they started dying off.

I am fucking Stalin.

SaberVulcan

Discovery Delta #3

*snip*

In the event you have a vacant spot, I would love an invite (Origin name: SaberVulcan).

That goes for any NA East server that has room, really :).

Edit: Assuming the servers let me actually finish the goddamn tutorial.

Starting off with a mining town to feed the future growth of new cities. I finally broke down and let the stupid bastards (you don't need schools to learn to swing a pickaxe) have medical care after they started dying off.

I am fucking Stalin.

Schools?

Where we're going, we don't need schools.

Phreaker

I was thinking of this too, sorta. My city's actually doing okay, but because it's my first city, I've majorly screwed things up via experimentation and poor planning. I have two choices:

1. Abandon, redo. Perfectly okay because none of the other three neighbors connected to me by road are in the game yet, so I won't hurt them.

1. I'll be there soon (like 3 hours)! MWHAHAHA

I am not sure what to do. Mess up my own private city first or just jump into VW3.

Jrmint

Are additional GAF regions going to be setup for those of us who came on board later?

I'm gonna be on US East, I could always set up a second one?

N-Bomb

Discovery Delta #3

Plastik2k12
yogloo
tekezy
nurve7
pelegrinuX
woodenlung
applemixx
theandrin
swirleyglasses1
munroe4985
zona221

Cheesetom
SpudxBud
Flashburn2012
rmr2020

Pop me on the waiting list in case people flake? N-Bombb on Origin.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Can't even start the fucking game--was playing fine yesterday.

The launcher just says "Checking for updates" and shows as 100% but can't click play.

Gg.

Are there any open spots in GAF NA West regions?

If anyone wants to invite me, I'm playing under HoTHiTTeR on Origin - Just got done w/ the tut and ready to roll.

If anyone is starting a new region I'd love in on that. Won't be on till later tonight but totally want in. Origin ID is pseudomyxoma

Are additional GAF regions going to be setup for those of us who came on board later?

I'm gonna be on US East, I could always set up a second one?

Pop me on the waiting list in case people flake? N-Bombb on Origin.

You guys down to just start our own? My origin ID is RNArroyo

Just so I'm clear, I have to complete the download of the launcher using a VPN for it to recognize that it's unlocked when I disable the VPN?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
You guys down to just start our own? My origin ID is RNArroyo

There's clearly enough demand for another gaf region. I just don't want to be the one maintaining it (even though there's nothing you can do after the region is created).

I'm RainOne on Origin and I'm up for it.

Edit: See? Counting me, there's already 9 10 people interested.

Jrmint

Whoever starts it add me please.

Origin - Jrmint82

US East btw

I'll start it up if no one else does by 6 pm Eastern or so.

Top Bottom