• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

That's every 3 days of #1 jobs. You're not earning enough money from characters alone to get level bonuses every 3 days. Why would you stop #1 jobs?

I'm still doing them, but at a much more casual pace. I'll probably only get to 2 tasks instead of all 4. I already have a lot of donuts, but am low on cash. I'm trying to save for the world's largest zirconia!

krae_man

Yeah that took me a while, but now I have about 50% worth up XP upgrades and a blue house farm that earns 300k/day. Bling bling money ain't a thang.

I'm only 5k tickets away from finally owning all Krustyland umm land.

UberTag

Yeah that took me a while, but now I have about 50% worth up XP upgrades and a blue house farm that earns 300k/day. Bling bling money ain't a thang.
How many blue houses do you need for that kind of return? 600-700?
I'm barely pushing 100 in my Springfield right now and thought I had a lot. :(

I wish this game had some sort of annual event where all limited content is brought back for a short while...lots of similar city-building games have this and it would be so awesome for Tapped Out. My wallet would cry...and then cry some more.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Gotta say, as far as the mechanics go (rewarding frequent players), this has been the best event yet. EA really turned things around since the last event. Easter was the worst

I probably would have loved this event if any of my mobile devices could still run the game.
Being stuck using my gaming PC at home it's easily been the worst so far.

I'm just on track although I suspect I might miss the final event reward.

I'm hoping if you don't update right away you can still collect emblems for a couple of extra days.

Edit: Also, still having problems with job timers not counting down. Stampy the elephant is stuck inside the Simpsons house, timer stuck on 24 hours and can't store the house to get it out. My crops and a large number of building timers are also stuck, including most of Krustyland. Because of this I have missed out on a couple of 400 emblem prizes from No1. Fucking piece of shit EA.

krae_man

10 free donuts if have the Stonecutter table already.

Send No. 908 to sing the Stonecutter song and tap on him 10 times in quick succession while he's at the table(It works exactly like the Jebediah Springfield statue secret).

JTran2003

10 free donuts if have the Stonecutter table already.

Send No. 908 to sing the Stonecutter song and tap on him 10 times in quick succession while he's at the table(It works exactly like the Jebediah Springfield statue secret).

Man I did not know about the jebediah secret. Guess I missed out on it... Will remember this post when I get the table. Thanks for the info.

UberTag

Man I did not know about the jebediah secret. Guess I missed out on it... Will remember this post when I get the table. Thanks for the info.
That former secret is still very much active.
Just send Homer out on a 45-second task of tapping away on his MyPad, tap on him a bunch of times and you'll get both your donut bonus and your Jebediah Statue.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Well shit... the game is even acting up on PC now. Every time I log in it shows my Origin ID and level 42, but when I click to confirm I enter an empty level 1 town.
Been like that all afternoon and night. This might be the end for me.
EDIT: Whaaaaaat? I was able to get into my town my first try after typing that and I didn't do anything I hadn't tried before. What was different this time besides the result was that it said I hadn't logged out of my other device, which is strange because I haven't been on another one in several months.

Hellers

Well shit... the game is even acting up on PC now. Every time I log in it shows my Origin ID and level 42, but when I click to confirm I enter an empty level 1 town.
Been like that all afternoon and night. This might be the end for me.
EDIT: Whaaaaaat? I was able to get into my town my first try after typing that and I didn't do anything I hadn't tried before. What was different this time besides the result was that it said I hadn't logged out of my other device, which is strange because I haven't been on another one in several months.

There's a PC version? Got a link?

JTran2003

That former secret is still very much active.
Just send Homer out on a 45-second task of tapping away on his MyPad, tap on him a bunch of times and you'll get both your donut bonus and your Jebediah Statue.

Very cool. Thanks for the info. Can always use more free donuts.

Okay, following up on my continued problems with the game recently.

I built the new Itchy and Scratchy studios (the 24 hour build timer expired today). I clicked the tick symbol and the building didn't drop down into place like normal, I relogged and it was built, thankfully. Now whenever I log back on or leave and return from Krustyland the tick is there again and every time I tap it I get all of the experience again (which is a lot).

I could seriously exploit this, all I have to do is repeatedly go to and from Krustyland, collecting all of the xp and the subsequent donuts every lv up.

I have done it a bit to recoup the donuts I have used to finish jobs that were stuck.

UberTag

Is this the first time they've had Gil show up with an exclusive item offer as opposed to a deal for something at a reduced cost?

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Not sure if it's just my tablet, but it seems like I'm having a lot more crashing these past couple days than has been normal. Just now the game made the whole tablet hang to the point that the home/back buttons didn't work. Had to physically reset it.

UberTag

So when EA says the Stonecutters event "ends on July 2nd", when on July 2nd does it end exactly?

12 midnight Eastern Tuesday night?
12 midnight Pacific Tuesday night?
12 midnight Eastern Wednesday night?
12 midnight Pacific Wednesday night?
Or some random time during the day on Wednesday?

Trying to gauge my window to save up for the Stonecutters Day Care.

Also, if I have the Stonecutters robes unlocked for Lenny & Carl... but won't have Lenny & Carl unlocked until after the event... I'm guessing I won't get the quests from Number One, correct?

JRW

He's referring to accessing Tapped Out via an Android emulator (i.e. Bluestacks).

A shame bluestacks customer support doesn't exist, I've messaged them on facebook several times as well as email them and have never received a response in the 2 years Ive been using it.

Tapped Out causes Bluestacks to crash for Nvidia users very frequently but works great on AMD cards, I guess they never plan on fixing that (or don't know how).

krae_man

It's going to be tight for me to get one last donut bonus. 500 tokens to go...

Stupid #1 tasks from a Couple days ago 2 6 2 6.

Really?

UberTag

I think I slightly misjudged my cash push for the Daycare.
I'm $85,000 away with just under 11 hours to go and only one blue house cash-in available.
Going to churn hourly tasks and hope it's enough to get me there.

krae_man

I think I slightly misjudged my cash push for the Daycare.
I'm $85,000 away with just under 11 hours to go and only one blue house cash-in available.
Going to churn hourly tasks and hope it's enough to get me there.

Brown house farm would have done it. Brown houses earn their money back in about 3 hours. Just build as many as you can tap in 5 minutes.

UberTag

Gonna end up about a thousand short of the final stone cutters prize :(
Boo-urns. Now you won't get that giant rock sculpture that takes up a giant 10x10 chunk of land, gives you 10 Vanity Points and nothing else and was only featured a single terrible episode from Season 22 that I do my best to try and forget ever watching.

Boo-urns. Now you won't get that giant rock sculpture that takes up a giant 10x10 chunk of land, gives you 10 Vanity Points and nothing else and was only featured a single terrible episode from Season 22 that I do my best to try and forget ever watching.

Yeah, I'm not gonna lose any sleep or money over it, it's just annoying I got so close. Stupid 6 hour #1 tasks killed me.

UberTag

Yeah, I'm not gonna lose any sleep or money over it, it's just annoying I got so close. Stupid 6 hour #1 tasks killed me.
One trick I think would have worked to avoid that towards the end would have been to temporarily store any buildings that have 6-hour tasks associated with them (which you could do for all of them except the Simpsons house). Number 1 wouldn't give them out if they're in storage, right?

Jason

4th of July update is out.

Fireworks boat and tree (comes with George Washington) for donuts, new building (w/ Guiseppe) for $5000 and something similar to the Space Needle for only $10 milllllllion.

krae_man

Man I just spend 6 million getting donut bonuses. It will take me a month to get that 10 mil.

Or I can buy 17 boatloads of donuts for the low low price or $1699.83!

Edit: oooh protip: Bloodmobiles cut down donut farming with money. At 132000 it replaces 14 weather station purchases but is only slightly worse in the XP department (13200xp vs 13800xp).

scottnak

FYI There's a play market update to (I assume) take down the Stonecutter quest

So if you want to try a little longer, make sure you disable the auto-update and keep going until it forces you to update.

UberTag

Man I just spend 6 million getting donut bonuses. It will take me a month to get that 10 mil.

Or I can buy 17 boatloads of donuts for the low low price or $1699.83!

Edit: oooh protip: Bloodmobiles cut down donut farming with money. At 132000 it replaces 14 weather station purchases but is only slightly worse in the XP department (13200xp vs 13800xp).
I'll need to get you to explain the logistics of the above once I'm up to Level 42 and have most of my land purchased. Which probably won't be until September.

On the bright side, I managed to save up the 250K I needed for the day care in just under 48 hours.
Even had enough leftover to splurge on 50 of those Stonecutter hieroglyph fences.
Although I did cheese things towards the end by paying out a few donuts to spam dog track races.

Just had the newest update but still have all of the stonecutter emblems and hooded guys running around. Also, every time I log on I get all of the experience from placing a load of items from the other day. It's really messed up.

krae_man

I'll need to get you to explain the logistics of the above once I'm up to Level 42 and have most of my land purchased. Which probably won't be until September.

On the bright side, I managed to save up the 250K I needed for the day care in just under 48 hours.
Even had enough leftover to splurge on 50 of those Stonecutter hieroglyph fences.
Although I did cheese things towards the end by paying out a few donuts to spam dog track races.

Will take you longer then that if you also want all the super expensive buildings.

Basically when you reach the highest level there are bonus levels and every time you reach one you can win up to 3 donuts. You get to choose from 3 presents and the present will have 1, 2 or 3 donuts in it. If you guess wrong you can spend $50k to try another present. So basically you can spend $100k to guarantee you get the 3 donuts if you need to.

What people who own everything already do is spend their excess money on items for the XP, sell them, repeat to reach these bonus levels quicker. You basically turn money into XP.

Previously the two best items to do that were the volleyball court and the weather station.

The volleyball court cost $4500 and earns 500xp while the weather station costs $9500 and earns 1000xp. Most people went with buying weather stations since a 6% increase in the money-xp ratio wasn't worth double the work.

Bloodmobile is even better. it costs $132k and earns 13200xp. For 132k you can buy almost 14 weather stations for 14000xp. So weather stations are now 14 times the work for a 6% better rate of return. Yeah Bloodmobiles are the way to go now.

JTran2003

Will take you longer then that if you also want all the super expensive buildings.

Basically when you reach the highest level there are bonus levels and every time you reach one you can win up to 3 donuts. You get to choose from 3 presents and the present will have 1, 2 or 3 donuts in it. If you guess wrong you can spend $50k to try another present. So basically you can spend $100k to guarantee you get the 3 donuts if you need to.

What people who own everything already do is spend their excess money on items for the XP, sell them, repeat to reach these bonus levels quicker. You basically turn money into XP.

Previously the two best items to do that were the volleyball court and the weather station.

The volleyball court cost $4500 and earns 500xp while the weather station costs $9500 and earns 1000xp. Most people went with buying weather stations since a 6% increase in the money-xp ratio wasn't worth double the work.

Bloodmobile is even better. it costs $132k and earns 13200xp. For 132k you can buy almost 14 weather stations for 14000xp. So weather stations are now 14 times the work for a 6% better rate of return. Yeah Bloodmobiles are the way to go now.

Man thats some good info! Thanks for sharing. Might need to do this...

Top Bottom