• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

Gil update is pure shit. Small discount on a tray of donuts, and a premium building with a dumpster full of donuts for 28 quid. None of the character buildings, just stuff like the Aztec Theatre and Planet Hype.

Terrible. I'm guessing we're probably not getting a full update this week.

Is there a list of what buildings can be in the box?
Duff Stadium
Try 'N' Save
Aztec Theatre
Springfield Observatory
Planet Hype
Mount Carlmore
Fireworks Candy and Puppy Dogs
Asia De Cuba
Open Air Stage
Sprawl Mart
Springfield Museum of Natural History
Ferris Wheel
Lard Lad

Hellers

Cheers. That's not actually too bad for me. I don't have most of those.

Although I bet the one with the most chance is Fireworks Candy and Puppy Dogs. The one nobody actually wants :)

7 days. Hmmm. Might think about that.

UberTag

With these pink sprinkly offers being thrown about, I worry about the amount of premium items we'll be getting in next Tuesday's update.

krae_man

New Gil deal coming apparently. Back to School themed. Broken bus w/ Otto, some monkey bars, the tether cinder block, and the see saw. 70 donuts instead of 140.

JoeM86

Well, that's shit. No decent update this week, then.

Could they seriously not wait more than two days to gouge us for more cash?

Indeed. I'm barely playing Tapped Out anymore because there's just sod all to do now
You should see the Family Guy event at the moment. 46 days straight of Comic Con money grabbing.

At least they're having a month long event with changes and new free stuff every week. It keeps me coming back.

Hellers

Indeed. I'm barely playing Tapped Out anymore because there's just sod all to do now

At least they're having a month long event with changes and new free stuff every week. It keeps me coming back.

I didn't say I wasn't enjoying it mind you. Just that it was a 46 day long cash grab :) I'm looking forward to getting Stan Lee tomorrow.

krae_man

I'm actually kind of happy there's a bit of a lull. They've been updating it so quickly I was playing way more then I would normally like to get everything. Glad for the break.

Gil is apparently broken kind of. He's not popping up for some people. Me included :(

Well on the plus side, my corn is fully grown!

Some kind of Viking update coming up, per their FB page.

Kinda lame looking, IMO.

10411168_692592530810185_4618543586310119596_n.png

UberTag

Some kind of Viking update coming up, per their FB page.

Kinda lame looking, IMO.

10411168_692592530810185_4618543586310119596_n.png
Generic Viking Homer? Are these guys trying to be Smurfs Village in terms of dopey theme-centric updates?
Fans of Tapped Out don't want that shit. They want to interact with stuff that has figured prominently in the TV series.

TeddyBoy

I'm don't really have a strong opinion on the update from the picture, but I only really play the game continuously for new buildings and I'm not sure what major buildings they could add to the game from a Viking inspired update :S

UberTag

One rumor that has been bandied about is that the northwestern mountain region in the game is getting a land expansion similar to how the waterfront did when Squidport launched. My problem is that I'm having a hard time speculating as to what type of show-related content could actually be introduced with that - so fictitious viking crap makes some semblance of sense in that context.

I'll take anything that isn't a fucking Gil update, honestly.

A time-travelling update is something with a bit of potential, honestly, and it's not like the show wouldn't have a lot of potential source material for such a thing, but showing off an ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL Viking Homer to start off with really doesn't build much confidence.

EDIT: Seems to be a general Clash of Clans-inspired update rather than anything show-based, judging by this picture on EA's Instagram.
instagram.png

The buildings aren't very exciting but apparently the game will run until the
7th of October
, so a bigger update than I thought at least.

That possible episode tie in would be bought in seconds.
And EA knows it.

Yep, I am more excited by that small spoiler than anything else.

But I think this update will be neat. It looks like we'll be able to build our own castles.

TeddyBoy

Yep, I am more excited by that small spoiler than anything else.

But I think this update will be neat. It looks like we'll be able to build our own castles.

One missing feature form Clash of Clans was attacking your friends, I'd like to be able to have a little attack on few Gaffers for the laughs.

That includes you Lamonster ;)

I... don't really get it. Who am I actually attacking? What does upgrading do?

Also, this is a fucking long update. I hope there's enough content for 45 days.

Hellers

It'll be like the current Family Guy update where they add new stuff every week.

So far there's a rather long quest line regarding the Barbarian and Homer

Swapping lives

And a kind of semi-interactive clash of clans game where you generate nerds with your castle and send them to smash up houses in other Springfields. There's an attack button in the top right of the screen that seems to send you to other random Springfields. You gain elixir and gold from this. Elixir seems to upgrade your castle and buy limited time items and gold for buying other limited time items. I don't know what the prize track is yet. You can tap your own houses when they get attacked to defend them and hit the revenge button to go and attack them back. Nerds aren't reusable. Once you use them in an attack they're gone. Also it looks like we got more land to buy.

One thing I have discovered from randomly hopping around Springfield is how many cheats there are out there.

Hellers

I think I'm going to like this a lot and this is going to be an update where towns with large house farms are going to be very attractive to players and valuable to the owner. The attacking players get plenty of targets (You get a small amount of elixir and gold even if the owner defends) and the owner gets gold and elixir for defending and repairing. It's win win. They've made it seem competitive but it's actually still co-operative. I like it.

I did like the Guns N Roses joke too

Hellers

I stand corrected. There are penalties to losing. If your castle gets smashed it appears to pause and reset your nerd spawning timer. My castle got broken at some point last night and I woke up to only 5 nerds and a reset timer.

Mind you it doesn't matter since every single house on my map was either in need of defending or repair which netted me quite a lot of elixir :) It'll be interesting to see how the actual mechanics of this work as the event progresses. Dice let you destroy a building instantly. I'm not sure they should work on castles really since it allows people to kill your main way of actually playing the event.

Attention to detail as well. Willie's shack counts as a house

Geniuzz

I am at a point that I am so done with this game. a few months ago I lost 60 donuts, after a "Session not closed on another device" message. a few days back I once again lost 70 donuts, but there had been no error message whatsoever. No reaction from EA when I filled in the form the first time, and I am not sure they will react now. F*** this game, man.

scottnak

This update looks to be quite fun... Just started attacking this morning.
Looking forward to see what other stuff is out thar!

I am at a point that I am so done with this game. a few months ago I lost 60 donuts, after a "Session not closed on another device" message. a few days back I once again lost 70 donuts, but there had been no error message whatsoever. No reaction from EA when I filled in the form the first time, and I am not sure they will react now. F*** this game, man.

I wouldn't give up, maybe try again, but I have heard fairly good things about their CS for Tapped Out.

Worst case, you could always have someone at reddit help you recover the lost items if you want to go down path as well.

So are you guys sending 1 nerd per attack? Or as many as you can to shorten the hours?

Not sure which one is the smarter strategy. On one hand, increasing the # of nerds doesn't increase the rewards, but it decreases the chance that a player will defend their building in time.

krae_man

So are you guys sending 1 nerd per attack? Or as many as you can to shorten the hours?

Not sure which one is the smarter strategy. On one hand, increasing the # of nerds doesn't increase the rewards, but it decreases the chance that a player will defend their building in time.

Depends which time of day. Before I go to bed? 2-3. During the day? More.

Top Bottom