• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

Only 350 away and it let me do another #1 task this morning. Hoping it holds out long enough to finish his second task.

Edit - finally got it. Woo, useless objects! !

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
The game has gotten almost to the point of unplayability again for me. Every time I start it up, it gives me one connection failure error, but only one, then starts. However, I'm lucky if I get 10 minutes out of it before it crashes, sufficiently so that my tablet gives me the option to submit a crash report. The framerate gets pretty bad at times too. Is anyone else suffering the same issues?

scottnak

The game has gotten almost to the point of unplayability again for me. Every time I start it up, it gives me one connection failure error, but only one, then starts. However, I'm lucky if I get 10 minutes out of it before it crashes, sufficiently so that my tablet gives me the option to submit a crash report. The framerate gets pretty bad at times too. Is anyone else suffering the same issues?

I'm getting the same issue on logo, but it doesn't crash for me afterwards... (well, it does once in a while)

I do get some amount of time where it's still running but it doesn't recognize any of my touches/swipes though...

Pretty similar experience here with the one connection issue. The frame rate and crashing are more frequent now as well, but not quite as maddening as it was the last time they gave up donuts due to the issues.

TeddyBoy

Ever since I started playing Tapped Out I've been a little jealous of people with the Cool Brown House, well not anymore! I just spent around £3.50 on getting the donuts I needed since I had 51 already :)

Everything I missed- basically everything until post-Whacking Day- is overpriced, so I'm more than happy to sit this one out.

I hope we've got a Squidport or Krustyland-style expansion in the offing.

UberTag

for 300 donuts.
That's all kinds of outrageous. And I don't feel motivated to buy it seeing how I wasn't playing when Mayan Homer came out. Talk about extravagant. I'd rather spend 300 donuts on a whale.

EDIT: Ah, all of the Mayan stuff is being sold together? That's a better deal but I'm still hesitant.

Everything I missed- basically everything until post-Whacking Day- is overpriced, so I'm more than happy to sit this one out.

I hope we've got a Squidport or Krustyland-style expansion in the offing.
Seems the consensus is that we'll be getting some kind of Monorail update shortly.

TeddyBoy

That's all kinds of outrageous. And I don't feel motivated to buy it seeing how I wasn't playing when Mayan Homer came out. Talk about extravagant. I'd rather spend 300 donuts on a whale.

EDIT: Ah, all of the Mayan stuff is being sold together? That's a better deal but I'm still hesitant.

Seems the consensus is that we'll be getting some kind of Monorail update shortly.

I agree that the prices are very high, I just wanted that Cool Brown House so badly :(

Monorail update would be pretty cool, not totally sure where the monorail would take us though.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I agree that the prices are very high, I just wanted that Cool Brown House so badly :(

Monorail update would be pretty cool, not totally sure where the monorail would take us though.

It'll be a link bridge to the Shelbyville expansion obviously.

kris.

Banned
alright, so i started playing recently and didn't realize there was a group of GAFfers playing as well so feel free to add me! uhhhkris
i'm addicted to this shit so i'm on daily right now

krae_man

alright, so i started playing recently and didn't realize there was a group of GAFfers playing as well so feel free to add me! uhhhkris
i'm addicted to this shit so i'm on daily right now

OP has a list. go through and add everyone. You'll need them to get the friend level items quickly.

Coming up on 6mil. Still probably 3 weeks away from getting the space needle thing.

cantona222

I just tried the game. Looks fun. So this game falls under what genre? What do you call this type of game? My Origin account name is: cantona222@hotmail.com

JTran2003

So stopped playing the game for a few days. Might start back up during the next update. Will keep checking the thread but if you guys need the extra spot for someone else my origin ID is socialstrain if you wish to remove me...

TeddyBoy

A new level update is out! It's level 43 now and it's a Krustyland update. We've been given two new Krustyland ticket buildings with one of them coming with a new character in Princess Penelope* (yeah I don't know her either), two new donut buildings in Krustyland and some decorations with some costing donuts and some costing tickets. It also seems some more characters can enter Krustyland that couldn't before (Eddy and Lou).

*Apparently Princess Penelope can go to Springfield.

Homer starts one quest while Krusty starts another :)

UberTag

A new level update is out! It's level 43 now and it's a Krustyland update. We've been given two new Krustyland ticket buildings with one of them coming with a new character in Princess Penelope* (yeah I don't know her either), two new donut buildings in Krustyland and some decorations with some costing donuts and some costing tickets. It also seems some more characters can enter Krustyland that couldn't before (Eddy and Lou).
Adding Princess Penelope to the game now seems like either an intentional leak or an intentional troll in advance of the S26 premiere as she's one of the leading candidates as the character being killed off.

I'm still banking on troll at this point.

Adding Princess Penelope to the game now seems like either an intentional leak or an intentional troll in advance of the S26 premiere as she's one of the leading candidates as the character being killed off.

I'm still banking on troll at this point.

dont think she will be killed off , since a regular character is going to be killed off and shes been in 1 episode...

UberTag

dont think she will be killed off , since a regular character is going to be killed off and shes been in 1 episode...
I don't trust the Simpsons writers when they hype something like this.
They've also hyped the death as an Emmy-award winning character instead of regular character... and she qualifies for that.
I'm still banking on Hyman Krustofsky (because it's the obvious choice) but I'm assuming she'll be in that episode as well as a red herring.

Altazor

A friend of mine's having a very annoying problem with his Springfield. Every time he opens the app, it never gets past the loading title screen. Goes to black, crashes to homescreen. He's tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, factory resetting his tablet and installing the app on another device... to no avail.

And I can't enter his Springfield from my friend list, either. It fades to black and crashes to homescreen.

Any ideas what it might be and how can it be solved

Hellers

I'm pleased we've got an update focusing on Krustyland. I've just started building the Itch and Scratchy studio so I'm finally caught up on springfield content and I've been neglecting Krustyland. Time to fix that.

I have a small question too. Where do I get a worldwide broadcasting dish for the TV studios? I can't see it in the list of things to build.

TeddyBoy

I'm pleased we've got an update focusing on Krustyland. I've just started building the Itch and Scratchy studio so I'm finally caught up on springfield content and I've been neglecting Krustyland. Time to fix that.

I have a small question too. Where do I get a worldwide broadcasting dish for the TV studios? I can't see it in the list of things to build.

The world wide broadcasting dish is a premium item that costs 30 donuts. It's located in the decorations tab :)

So I haven't played for a month or so, open the game, it has 845mb of updates, so I download those... and when it finishes the game starts over from the beginning.
Now I'm stuck doing the tutorial crap and don't know how to log in and resume my actual game?!

Hellers

Really enjoying finally getting stuck into Krustyland (I've spent the last god knows how long getting caught up on Springfield content).

Rumour has it we'll be getting a big expansion in a couple of days. What would you all like to see?

UberTag

Really enjoying finally getting stuck into Krustyland (I've spent the last god knows how long getting caught up on Springfield content).

Rumour has it we'll be getting a big expansion in a couple of days. What would you all like to see?
I would like to see a day-night cycle introduced at some point but that's probably too much to hope for.
Despite the monorail being talked about, I can't see there being much that would offer on the quest front.
A Mt. Splashmore water park expansion for KrustyLand would be fun.

Hellers

The big expansions so far have been Squidport and Krustyland haven't they? I can't see them doing a big focus on Krustyland this time. They could incorporate Mt Splashmore as part of a series of regular level updates for Krustyland I would expect. (Hopefully they do)

I honestly have no idea really. Hell. It might just be an extra level and building. I can't see a monorail either. Might be nice to get a Shelbyville as a kind of dark mirror universe Springfield :) but I suspect that would require too much new IP.

Personally I'd love a Futurama Tapped Out :)

TeddyBoy

So I haven't played for a month or so, open the game, it has 845mb of updates, so I download those... and when it finishes the game starts over from the beginning.
Now I'm stuck doing the tutorial crap and don't know how to log in and resume my actual game?!

It just just be a few levels in once Dr. Frink arrives IIRC.

I'm not too sure what I want in the expansion, some more consumerism buildings would be nice.

JoeM86

Could be cool. Am hoping the next update is something big...been losing interest in this, unfortunately.

Been too busy on the Family Guy clone with that special promo really, anyway

Hellers

Could be cool. Am hoping the next update is something big...been losing interest in this, unfortunately.

Been too busy on the Family Guy clone with that special promo really, anyway

You're playing Family Guy? Want to see if we can friend up? I'm not sure if we have to be Facebook chums or not

A Shelbyville expansion could be neat if they included all of the sight gags from Lemon of Troy- Joe's, Speed-E-Mart, all that stuff. Maybe stick Rolling Rock in, as well.

Alternatively, a proper Springfield Mall expansion, with all of the shops like the Leftorium and Lionel Hutz's Law Firm might be an idea. I'd be very careful and respectful about adding in Hartman characters, mind.

Altazor

A friend of mine's having a very annoying problem with his Springfield. Every time he opens the app, it never gets past the loading title screen. Goes to black, crashes to homescreen. He's tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, factory resetting his tablet and installing the app on another device... to no avail.

And I can't enter his Springfield from my friend list, either. It fades to black and crashes to homescreen.

Any ideas what it might be and how can it be solved

sorry for bumping and repeating the question, my friend is still having this problem... any help, however small, is appreciated! :)

Top Bottom