• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

at this point I've stopped all upgrades and am just stockpiling for the crafts. Dont know if Ill even do opera level 2. at least not til I build farmer market and grub.

UberTag

Here is the Act 3 calendar for the Terwilliger event so you can track your music note progression...

act-3-calendar.png

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Crafted the Farmers Market and Gas & Grub a while ago. Just did the Smokehouse yesterday as I had the resources to spare. Going to be tough to get either the Homer Decoy or the Houseboat though. Upgrading the Theater for now to get the free crafted stuff from the upgrades.

Marvie_3

Banned
You get two Opera Seats and one Ticket Booth. Level 9 is the last level that gives you a new job for your peeps, as anything after that is more Theater Masks.
Alright cool. I don't really care about most of the new objects/jobs. I just didn't want to miss any theater parts.

UberTag

Took care of the Simpsons Houseboat and the Welcome Bob Sign today.
Just have the Homer Decoy and incidental crafting items (Cane Field, Monsarno Flower Wall, Cactus Patch) to deal with now.

Been getting lots of EA server drops as well this entire weekend. It's readily apparent whenever Origin avatars fail to load on my Friends list that their network is borked.

Won

Only crafted the market so far. Mask jobs seem to spit out enough to get the boat and the decoy in time, but the DNA stuff seems to be impossible. Feels like the whole thing is bugged with how little you get.

krae_man

I just have the boathouse, decoy and flower think to go. After I get the boathouse I'll put everyone I can on DNA and I should be good.

DNAwas definitely broken, especially after the clones got halved. I have craploads of extra corn and fertilizer just a hair too much. Masks are easy enough as well.

UberTag

I just have the boathouse, decoy and flower think to go. After I get the boathouse I'll put everyone I can on DNA and I should be good.

DNAwas definitely broken, especially after the clones got halved. I have craploads of extra corn and fertilizer just a hair too much. Masks are easy enough as well.
Once I realized how quickly masks would generate, I switched everyone back over to DNA immediately.

It'll be a slow grind to the Homer Decoy but seeing how I was able to get enough for the Gas and Grub in a week's time, it'll be doable even with a smaller payoff from the daily rewards.

Javier

I've only crafted the Market, Gas & Grub and the Portable Toilet. I just got the Opera to Lv9 so I can grind for the Boathouse and Decoy. The others would be cool if I can get them but they're not a priority.

Finished Gas and Grub today! Should be fine getting houseboat and probably SaniJohn too. Not sure about Homer Decoy, but it isn't really a big deal since I rarely finish all 4 daily quests thats like 250 less masks a day im getting.

krae_man

And now I have a quest to craft 10 things and the stuff I've already crafted doesn't count? The hell?

Once I'm done crafting everything, I might have enough to craft extra ticket booths to get to 10.

Plus now it wants me to upgrade the opera stage to level 10.

UberTag

And now I have a quest to craft 10 things and the stuff I've already crafted doesn't count? The hell?
You should just ignore that nonsense. It's a time-filler quest that means nothing.

Running Out the Clock Part 2 = Squash 300 Bob Clones and Craft 20 Items
Running Out the Clock Part 3 = Squash 700 Bob Clones and Craft 35 Items
Running Out the Clock Part 4 = Squash 1,200 Bob Clones and Craft 50 Items

Marvie_3

Banned
I should have enough for the house boat in a few hours. I'll probably just craft some random things with whatever supplies are left over.

Durden77

Is the Gas & Grub definitely worth going for if I don't have it? I'd rather have the Sideshow Bob sign and I don't think I'm going to have enough time to get both before time's out because of how slow DNA is. I'm really close to the G&G now.

UberTag

Is the Gas & Grub definitely worth going for if I don't have it? I'd rather have the Sideshow Bob sign and I don't think I'm going to have enough time to get both before time's out because of how slow DNA is. I'm really close to the G&G now.
The Gas & Grub earns income. Not sure any of these craftables will ultimately prove to be "worth it" in the grand scheme of things.

Although I have managed to craft all of them (including the Homer Decoy) and am now simply working towards seeing how many multiples of cactus patches, cane fields and Monsarno flower walls I can build now that the crafting requirements for them have been reduced.

Can only afford one, sign or Homer decoy?
The decoy has a cute animation. The sign is merely a sign.

Javier

Need about 2,400 masks and 3,600 DNA Strands if I want everything I have left (Homer Decoy, Bob Sign, Cactus Field and Flower Wall). Decoy and Sign take priority and I'll be happy with just those two.

Side note, but I upgraded my iPhone from 4 to 6 yesterday, and man, does it make a difference. Game moves and loads like, ten times faster, and no more lag when visiting other Springfields.

Won

If the rng is with me I should be able to get Gas & Grub from the dna block in time. Still missing about 5000 dna for the other stuff. lol.

UberTag

How is everyone's pile of money coming along? I'll hit level 10 today. Just one more to go.
Still at Level 9... but steadily making progress.
I'm just two million shy of the Sit-N-Rotate... and probably won't be getting it any time soon with this last money pile push.

Incidentally, the Monsarno Farming License still shows a countdown time of 9 days and 12 hours remaining. I'm not sure if that's glitched or if there's a capper to this Terwilliger event that will allow people to squeeze some last-minute crafting in.

I've already transitioned people off of all jobs that don't bring in Fertilizer as I'm just hoping to push for one more Monsarno wall, cactus patch or cane field (have 4 of each right now).

krae_man

I'm not crafting Anything extra. Indony need that crap clogging my inventory and none of it earns money or xp. I might craft an extra marketbut it's so damn huge.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Only thing I had left was the sign, and no way am I getting a few thousand DNA in time. So I've pretty much done nothing the last day or two.

Hellers

I just could not be bothered with the crafting in this event. Only managed a couple of small things and that was by accident rather than working for it. Having to micromanage jobs all day long isn't what I want out of a casual tap game.

Javier

Managed to craft everything except the Flower Wall. And even though you can still get crafting resources and craft stuff, I'm officially done with this event as I've put all my peeps back into jobs for money.

Definitely one of the most dragging events, but at least we got plenty out of it, including some trademark Simpson locations (Simpsons Boathouse is a classic) and a total of four characters. Only Premium Item I got was the Rolling Rock (Great animation and a nice % bonus for its price).

I bought the premium mutant plant, but did not buy the two premium characters because I haven't seen those episodes and 300 total donuts is a ton to spend (about $20 worth)

I managed to craft the three payout buildings, though, without spending any donuts or too much time putting people on tasks or visiting friends. Could not afford to craft any duplicates or decorations. No biggie.

All in all, a tedious event, way too long, but at least we finally have a proper Sideshow Bob and the houseboat.

Sorry for double post, but update that brings Springfield back to normal is now up.
funny how they are charging 60 donuts each for the three Bob clone types

as if someone would want to spend that much to have these worthless guys wander around their Springfield...

GeeTeeCee

I'm so glad the event is over, it became a huge chore far too quickly. Crafted every major item but the Homer Decoy, which I can live without.

One of my main "goals" with the game was to be able to afford Hank Scorpio's premium unlock, without ever spending any real money, as You Only Move Twice is my favourite episode. I amassed the necessary donuts months ago. Problem is, now that I have that many, I'm suddenly not very keen on parting with them...

UberTag

I'm so glad the event is over, it became a huge chore far too quickly. Crafted every major item but the Homer Decoy, which I can live without.

One of my main "goals" with the game was to be able to afford Hank Scorpio's premium unlock, without ever spending any real money, as You Only Move Twice is my favourite episode. I amassed the necessary donuts months ago. Problem is, now that I have that many, I'm suddenly not very keen on parting with them...
But it's Scorpio.
You can have him walk around town spraying his flamethrower like a maniac.
And he'll go on Fun Runs.
And he's got like 3 unique scripted subquests.

What's not to love? Is it because you don't have a Hammock District on 3rd for him to visit? That's it, right?

Javier

If I don't update am I going to be able to keep collecting stuff to craft? It's letting me so far.
Seems so. Might as well hold on until you finish crafting what you want.

Level 53 update up.
Spiffany's with Quimby's Wife
is the new building and character, and
the Malibu Stacy Building wiith Stacy Lovell
for premium.

UberTag

It's a nice gesture, although I'd have preferred Karl or John to Roscoe the deliberate gay stereotype.
Who knows... they might still be on the way.
They've also got Grady and Julio who've both made recurring appearances since Season 14's Three Gays of the Condo.
There's Comic Book Gay.
And there's story material to mine from Smithers, Patty and Largo as well.

(But probably not because this event wraps up in a week.)

fisheyes

I'm definitely hoping the fact the dialogue keeps mentioning pride 'month', the fact we haven't got the super obvious characters yet, and even the fact the one we have only has 3 tasks means that there is more content coming. I certainly hope there is.

Top Bottom