• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

Jme

This event man.... the farmers market is so expensive it's prohibitive. I've upgraded the research center as much as it will allow this act (got the chimp and cafeteria buildings) but i feel like i will never have enough for the farmers market. Ugh. Feels more like work than a game.

This event man.... the farmers market is so expensive it's prohibitive. I've upgraded the research center as much as it will allow this act (got the chimp and cafeteria buildings) but i feel like i will never have enough for the farmers market. Ugh. Feels more like work than a game.

I think the idea is you get it at the end of the month (aka whole event) not in the first few acts.

krae_man

Going to hit 3 donut bonuses before part 2 starts.

I'll also have like 14k fertilizer so I should get close to maxing out the research center right away.

Javier

Act 2 started. You need Homer to trigger the first event (which lasts less than a minute) and Lisa for the second (takes 8 hours). Gas Masks replace Spades, and
Sideshow Bob Clones
replace Mutant Plants. I was able to upgrade Monsarno to Level 13 thanks to my saved Fertilizers and got 5 Donuts thanks to getting the Spade bonus twice.

Several new items have been added to the crafting and to be honest, I doubt I'll bother with most of them. I'll just focus on upgrading Monsarno and getting the Gas Masks for the final reward this act.
(Dr. Robert)

UberTag

For those of you keeping tabs on your daily gas mask collection routine, here's the ever-handy calendar to chart your progress...

terwilliger-spade-calendar-act-two.png

Maengun1

I've grown to hate events....not sure how much of the combination is the game making things harder to get and how much is me having way less time to play this game. I remember the first year or 2 of the game I would breeze through every event with a week plus to spare, but lately I've been ending up with less than half the prizes by the end.

Knowing right from the start that I won't be able to get everything even if I'm playing as much as I can possibly fit in just kills motivation entirely.

I've grown to hate events....not sure how much of the combination is the game making things harder to get and how much is me having way less time to play this game. I remember the first year or 2 of the game I would breeze through every event with a week plus to spare, but lately I've been ending up with less than half the prizes by the end.

Knowing right from the start that I won't be able to get everything even if I'm playing as much as I can possibly fit in just kills motivation entirely.

Yeah, I've given up chasing these. Resigned myself to checking on my tablet in the morning and evening. I'm not putting this on my new phone either.

Maengun1

Level updates are still a lot of fun. I think of them as new episodes of the show I actually enjoy.

I've always thought it would be a great update if they would have a menu with all the levels and let us choose to re-play them if we wanted to. The game was never more fun to me than when I first started and there were 20+ levels to play through all in a row. I'd love to go through that dialogue again.

I know I could always start a brand new game, but that's too much effort.

This event may be a little feeble, but it's a million times better than the atrocious extortion that this Family Guy event has been. I'm dropping that game entirely as a result of it.

Marvie_3

Banned
I've been getting this error message all day when trying to log in to origin: "An error occurred processing the login. Please retry."

I've tried reinstalling, etc but nothing has worked. Is there a fix for this?

The wife and I started playing this a few weeks back and we both hit that quest where you need more friends. We also just want more Springfields to tap so we can max out the Friendship meter. Can you add me to the OP? MattamusPrim3. I'm going to send some requests out as well.

Marvie_3

Banned
The wife and I started playing this a few weeks back and we both hit that quest where you need more friends. We also just want more Springfields to tap so we can max out the Friendship meter. Can you add me to the OP? MattamusPrim3. I'm going to send some requests out as well.
I'll add you. You and anyone else can add me if you'd like: Marvie03

krae_man

Upgraded the research center to 19. Was gonna get the market first but these damn DNA strands are so slow going. Want the frinkicide thing upgraded as fast as possible to maximize rewards from tapping Bob clones.

I'm a day behind on the quest because I stupidly stored bart while he was almost completed a 24 hour story task because I needed a kid for a daily.

Missed out on a days worth of a increased rewards for clone tapping grrr.

UberTag

Upgraded the research center to 19. Was gonna get the market first but these damn DNA strands are so slow going. Want the frinkicide thing upgraded as fast as possible to maximize rewards from tapping Bob clones.
Yeah, I've got Monsarno Research up to L19 and will stop upgrading Frink's Herbicide Squirter at L15 (one level to go). No sense upgrading after that although it would be nice if those upgrade icons weren't still floating there to taunt me.

Should be able to knock out both the Springfield Farmers Market and the Gas and Grub over the next week before the new prizes get added.

I'll add you. You and anyone else can add me if you'd like: Marvie03

Thanks, I saw the request and have you added.

In the middle of this event and have to build Luigi's, Malaria Zone, and I just got the KrustyLand option, but most of my citizens are participating in the event. Why can't I farm both money and corn Springfielders!

UberTag

Can purchase rakes. So tempting, just to screw with Bob haha
Am I correct in assuming that the entire purpose of buying multiple rakes is to set up a bunch in a parking lot and have Bob walk endlessly between them to recreate the scene from Cape Feare?

Durden77

My game is saying that "my game was not saved on the last device played", even though I only play on my phone. It's fuckin freakin me out, what to I do? It says if I play now I may lose progress.

krae_man

My game is saying that "my game was not saved on the last device played", even though I only play on my phone. It's fuckin freakin me out, what to I do? It says if I play now I may lose progress.

You'll be fine, game cloud saves often. You might lose a few minutes of progress.

Has happened to me a couple of times. Go ahead and continue.

Marvie_3

Banned
Thanks, I saw the request and have you added.

In the middle of this event and have to build Luigi's, Malaria Zone, and I just got the KrustyLand option, but most of my citizens are participating in the event. Why can't I farm both money and corn Springfielders!

During the day I usually farm both. I only do 1-2 hour tasks. Since not all the characters have those short tasks for corn/fert/dna, I let them do tasks for money. Overnight I have all the characters getting corn/fert/dna in 6-8 hour tasks.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Upgrading my Frinkicide to lv9 just expanded radius. Lv10 would also just expand radius. Is there any reason to upgrade past lv8?
I missed the first couple of weeks. Don't mind because the event and prizes kinda suck.

Javier

Upgrading my Frinkicide to lv9 just expanded radius. Lv10 would also just expand radius. Is there any reason to upgrade past lv8?
Frinkicide should be expanded until Lv15 which gives the last crafting item upgrade. Lv16 and above is all radius.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Frinkicide should be expanded until Lv15 which gives the last crafting item upgrade. Lv16 and above is all radius.

Ok, thanks. It's almost to lv11 now.
Just placed the opera stage.

Javier

Level 52 Premium Character is Coach Krupt (a.k.a. the Gym Teacher obsessed with bombardment). Comes with Springfield YMCA for 120 Donuts.

krae_man

Earning enough DNA seems extremely challenging. You need just as much as fertilizer but only get 1/2 as much of it.

Corn is no problem, and once you upgrade everything fertilizer is easy.

I did one extra upgrade of the research facility for the slightly increased DNA rewards. See if that makes a dent.

krae_man

I think you can level it as high as you want to "show off".

You earn a skin at level 11 or something. I don't know how much I care, but I do have almost $50 million in the bank...

Edit: I hope it doesn't take 10 10 minute tasks each level. That would be rediculious.

Total cost to completely upgrade it is 5.5mil apparently.

JustinBB7

Don't really like this event either, the grind is way too long.

Also is there a way to put all characters on x amount of time jobs at once? I have a ton now and it's taking up so much time to collect everything/put everybody on jobs now it's kinda ruining it for me. I don't have that much time in the morning before work and I don't have internet at work either. Specially with this event where they all get random amount of time quests instead of defaulting to the time I'm using for everybody else it's really fucking annoying.

UberTag

I've managed to grind enough fertilizer for the Springfield Farmers Market and enough DNA strands for the Gas and Grub. Will continue to stockpile ahead of Tuesday towards the Welcome Bob Sign and the Sani-John Smokehouse but I'm not feeling too good about either one of them. (Or the upcoming Homer Decoy for that matter.)

Will likely divert most of my focus towards the Simpson Houseboat once we can start grinding for theatre masks late tomorrow night. I hate that we're going to need to exhaust DNA strands on leveling up the Outdoor Opera Stage.

On the bright side, I racked up enough cash during this event to finally build the Fortress of Choclitude. Only have the Sit-N-Rotate and the Krusty Burger Oil Rig left on my aspirational hit list.

krae_man

I've managed to grind enough fertilizer for the Springfield Farmers Market and enough DNA strands for the Gas and Grub. Will continue to stockpile ahead of Tuesday towards the Welcome Bob Sign and the Sani-John Smokehouse but I'm not feeling too good about either one of them. (Or the upcoming Homer Decoy for that matter.)

Will likely divert most of my focus towards the Simpson Houseboat once we can start grinding for theatre masks late tomorrow night. I hate that we're going to need to exhaust DNA strands on leveling up the Outdoor Opera Stage.

On the bright side, I racked up enough cash during this event to finally build the Fortress of Choclitude. Only have the Sit-N-Rotate and the Krusty Burger Oil Rig left on my aspirational hit list.

And max out the money pile.

So far I've managed to craft everything but the Flower thing and the Welcome Bob sign. I also should be able to hit 3 donut bonuses this stage again just barely since the clones got minimized. I got lucky with the bonus tasks and knocked off 4 in about 2 hours. Then I got the stupid feed the hunger 16 hour one but I'm only going to need about 1200 tomorrow which is doable.

I don't know how much good saving DNA for part 3 will do when we don't know how fast theatre masks can be earned. Theatre masks could end up being the limiting factor.

UberTag

Need plenty of DNA strands for the Bob Sign and Homer Decoy anyhow so they'll get put to use regardless even if the masks make opera stage upgrades a sluggish process.

Top Bottom