• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

Sideshow Bob update is up! Bob takes Homer's place in the app icon and the loading screen.

You get Cecil as soon as you open the app, and he has a 4 hour task to kick it off.

Javier

After finishing Cecil's 4 hour first mission, I can't select him.
Same thing happened to me. After you place the free building in his 3rd mission, you touch him to go to the Event Menu. It seems he won't be selectable for regular missions until the end of the event.

Durden77

Same thing happened to me. After you place the free building in his 3rd mission, you touch him to go to the Event Menu. It seems he won't be selectable for regular missions until the end of the event.

I can't even get to his second mission, let alone his third. Was it supposed to start after the first finished?

Edit : nvm. All my peeps are on jobs right now. Maybe someone else starts it.

Javier

I can't even get to his second mission, let alone his third. Was it supposed to start after the first finished?

Edit : nvm. All my peeps are on jobs right now. Maybe someone else starts it.
Yeah, the second and third missions are triggered by other characters.

krae_man

Warning, last daily task today is 6 hours. So don't slack off.

Timer resets at midnight so you can get one done right before you go to bed to give yourself a head start every day.

Anyone know the strategy for this event? I assume level Monsarno asap and just use the leftovers to eventually buy the market, etc. It says at level 5 you get the cafeteria which also unlocks crafting.

krae_man

Yeah upgrading so you can get more characters event currency generating tasks.

So far it looks like its impossible to get enough fertilizer. Unless ways to earn tons pop up later. Mutant seeds(gremlins) don't drop anywhere near often enough.

I've got tons of corn but not enough fertilizer to do shit.

Will hit level 6 soon. I'm putting all my efforts into that for now but its a slow go at 5 fertilizer every 4 hours/character.

UberTag

terwilliger-spade-calendar-act-one.png

I'm running a touch behind. Sitting at just over 4,000 spades right now and Monsarno Level 5. Fertilizer is definitely a grind right now.

Durden77

Ugh I'm so behind. Event hit me when I was super busy and I was confused by it. Still at level 1 over here....

Please don't tell me you need Cletus' farm for this. It's growing corn for me.

krae_man

Ugh I'm so behind. Event hit me when I was super busy and I was confused by it. Still at level 1 over here....

Please don't tell me you need Cletus' farm for this. It's growing corn for me.

If the farm is ever needed, it auto completes. You won't lose two months of progress.

Isn't she a premium character?

I know it has auto completed for me during a couple events.

Ya, bought her with my doughnuts during valentines. But if you had her it added a quest that needed her but wouldnt complete her 90d quest =/. So I reset it and lost a month.

Just hit 4000 spades! Might be able to comeback slowly.

GeeTeeCee

Wow, I'm about 2000 behind. Updating the app nearly a day later than I should have is going to make things difficult.

At least I got the Blue-Haired Lawyer out of the mystery box today, I was beginning to get a little tired of winning Chalmer's _onda every single time.

Javier

Been doing fine with the spades, at 6484. You start earning them at a faster pace as you raise the Monsarno building, so those not too far behind should be able to come back.

fisheyes

Also worth noting, in case you are like me and weren't sure, that you can upgrade the research building only to level 7 in this phase - each level before 7 gets you a new job for a new set of people, and the 7th doubles fertilizer output for all the jobs that get it. So it's worth pushing your way through. I now have 8 days to just try and craft things.

Per the above schedule I only need to grab 700ish spades today to be on track for those at least. 400/900 fert towards upgrade 7 so just under halfway to that. But those crafting numbers are so large. Wonder if they are for the whole event not just this part.

Everytime I click a mutant veg and get corn I cry a little

Durden77

If the farm is ever needed, it auto completes. You won't lose two months of progress.

Phew good to know.

I'm still confused on the mutant plant counter. It always says zero for me even though I've caught some. And what does it mean when it says friends have them? Can I catch them in other Springfield's like criminals?

krae_man

Phew good to know.

I'm still confused on the mutant plant counter. It always says zero for me even though I've caught some. And what does it mean when it says friends have them? Can I catch them in other Springfield's like criminals?

Its a random drop from tapping on mutant plants and they work exactly like gremlin eggs.

You set them loose in friends towns. If they get squished you and your friends split the rewards, if they survive 4 hours the sender gets all the rewards.

Durden77

Its a random drop from tapping on mutant plants and they work exactly like gremlin eggs.

You set them loose in friends towns. If they get squished you and your friends split the rewards, if they survive 4 hours the sender gets all the rewards.

Ohhh ok. I've just got to that part of the event so now it all makes sense. Ugh I feel so behind and confused on this event. That system was probably supposed to he introduced way earlier, but somehow I didn't end up activating it with Lisa until now. And Sideshow Bob is my favorite character not including the Simpsons themselves, so I'm stressin that I'm not doing this right.

scottnak

Ohhh ok. I've just got to that part of the event so now it all makes sense. Ugh I feel so behind and confused on this event. That system was probably supposed to he introduced way earlier, but somehow I didn't end up activating it with Lisa until now. And Sideshow Bob is my favorite character not including the Simpsons themselves, so I'm stressin that I'm not doing this right.

No, I just don't think this event was introduced properly... a lot of moving parts without much explanation.

Durden77

Bloated in terms of grind. Barely bloated at all in terms of jokes or art assets or voicework or custom music or anything worthwhile.

But...but Sideshow Bob! Terwilligers!

But yeah, seriously I agree. Lately these more grindy events with all the crafting and stuff have just felt mis-managed. Like they don't really work with the game's own design. The hero event was still solid with it, but this one took it to a crazier (worse) level, and plus it just doesn't give you enough time on top of that. I appreciate them trying to make these more in-depth, but if the events are going to keep going down this path I think the game itself is going to need a bit of a redesign to better accommodate. If it weren't for the fact that this event focuses on the Terwilligers, I probably would've just said fuck it by now.

Hellers

I think the thing that's actually wrong with the events is twofold. First they last far too long. Second and I know it sounds odd but there's too many of them. It feels like we're barely over one event before we're barrelling into the next. I'm getting no time to relax and build up my money. It's why I quit Family Guy (That and the events are pretty impossible to complete without spending a lot of money).

The length frustrates me. The only reason the crafting costs are so high this event is to artificially make it last longer. I'm not a huge fan of crafting anyway.

Hellers

Same. Casual games should not reek of effort.

Yup. I like these sorts of games the best when I can get into a routine. Like a lot of people I work and work tends to frown on you whipping your phone out in the middle of the day to assign Homer a task. I tend to get into the routine of setting up jobs after my breakfast and then again after my dinner in the evening.

Throw in events that need me to click every few hours to even stand a chance of finishing them and it throws that all to pot.

Family Guy events are getting worse and worse in that regard. I love the Star Trek event but christ it's hard work. Too many systems introduced too often. Even at their worst the Simpsons events aren't that complicated but they require too much investment for a game that most people fall into a routine with.

krae_man

New update. Has a quest line, Mr Teeny has his own jobs now, a new decoration and a premium item. Premium item is the clown bed which let's you do Halloween tasks whenever you want.

UberTag

How are you guys doing on the fertilizer/corn grind?
I've got enough to craft a Cane Field now but I'm going to hold off and keep pushing towards the Farmers Market.
Figure I'll clear enough fertilizer to hit Sani-John Smokehouse level in 2-3 days but I doubt I'll reach the market before the next tier of craft item prizes and Monsarno upgrade levels open up.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
How are you guys doing on the fertilizer/corn grind?
I've got enough to craft a Cane Field now but I'm going to hold off and keep pushing towards the Farmers Market.
Figure I'll clear enough fertilizer to hit Sani-John Smokehouse level in 2-3 days but I doubt I'll reach the market before the next tier of craft item prizes and Monsarno upgrade levels open up.

Only at 4000 fertilizer and 2700 corn right now. I had fully upgraded Monsamo a couple days ago.

Hellers

I'm not paying attention to the crafting really. I'm just focused on getting the final reward of this phase. To be honest none of the crafting items really interests me this time.

Javier

According to the TSTO Wiki, you can craft items for the whole length of the event, not just the act they're introduced in. I wish the game itself could be more clear about this.

fisheyes

I'm holding on to all my fertilizer and corn, hoping that I can do some upgrades to the research centre straight away when they become available

Top Bottom