• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Skies / Star Successor |OT|

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Regulus Tera said:
Not quite. Player One takes control of the main character, while Player Two takes control of a separate set of crosshairs. You can shoot anything on the screen, but you cannot do charge shots and there's no "avatar" for you, so to speak.
And just one score for the two right?

Awww, thought it was REAL co-op, not Floyd* co-op.

*from Jet Force Gemini for the N64, where you controlled a little machine called Floyd that can fly around and shoot while player one moved around. Highly useful since you still get the crosshairs when your sniper zoom is equipped, for example. I just call it Floyd co-op since that was my first experience with it.

Bebpo

Banned
This is the best game on Wii
The best Treasure game
The best rails shooter game
It is f#$king awesome

S&P2 made me love videogames again :D

fernoca

botticus said:
Huh, I kinda want that points card at GS, but I already put in my big discounted order online. Decisions!
Depending on how much you saved, you could just get 1000 points on the Wii Shop..and still be cheaper..right?

Though if the card is like the one from Monster Hunter Tri..is nice..and shiny too. XD

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Not for nothing, but those screen comparisons... aren't flattering to say the least... they make me appreciate the first's graphics more, at least. :lol Maybe if they were the same size.

Hopefully Nintendo keeps producing this game until I get it. Funds are stretched and I never played the first, still have Super Metroid to work through...

Regulus Tera, no words but

kaneklapqo6.gif

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Red Scarlet said:
Going by the European release date, it comes out in 2 weeks. I think that's the "time limit" to stay open, so go go go.

Technically the FAQ forum says one week, but absolutely nobody follows that. Instead, everybody follows the 2 week rule. I really don't know how that happened, but it did.

ShockingAlberto said:
Famitsu can eat a bag of dicks.

The proper insult you are looking for is SUCK a bag of dicks.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Andrex said:
Not for nothing, but those screen comparisons... aren't flattering to say the least... they make me appreciate the first's graphics more, at least. :lol Maybe if they were the same size.

Well, the thread went up by mistake; I was still in the process of polishing it. I'll fix that as soon as I get some sleep.

All this hype made me replay the first three stages from the game in Hard Mode. SOOOO GOOD.

Andrex said:
Hopefully Nintendo keeps producing this game until I get it. Funds are stretched and I never played the first, still have Super Metroid to work through...

I'll gift it to you if you promise to play it and finish it before anything else.

Hiltz

I used to question my religious faith.I didn't believe in God.

Then came the Sin & Punishment 2 announcement and I am now a believer.

Yes, I will buy this game.

Oxx

£29.99 seems to be the cheapest price at the moment. Hopefully that will drop a little before release day.

When I first saw this game, it didn't look all that amazing and fun.

Then I played it... and now it's easily one of my favorite games ever.

All I'm saying is that it's a million times more fun than it looks. It seems that everyone who's played it is also saying that this game's so amazing. Well, except Famitsu...

Ashkeloth

OK, OP.

I've had my eye on this game for a while, but now I'm sold. Thanks.

Just a quick question though, if it hasn't already been answered and I missed it.

How difficult is this game for anyone who has played the JP version? I don't have much shooter experience but still think this game looks really cool.

Also, one of the few times living in EU will pay off for me :D

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ashkeloth said:
How difficult is this game for anyone who has played the JP version? I don't have much shooter experience but still think this game looks really cool.

The Japanese release had three different difficulty settings from the get go: Easy, Normal, and Hard. Easy was surprisingly challenging for me, but I've found most Sin and Punishment veterans had no problems with it. I suggest you go through here first so that you become used to enemy and stage layouts.

Hard mode is balls-crushingly hard. Every hit takes, like, twenty damage, in a game where Life Kits are scarce (like five times per level at most) and boss patterns are a lot more varied.

Normal mode is somewhere in-between. I still haven't one-credited it.

EDIT: I was digging old news, and guess what?

N-Sider said:
[...]Finally, after discussing briefly the topic of localizing the game, the rep let me know that the English version of Sin & Punishment: Star Successor will include, in addition to the newly-recorded English voiceovers, the entire original Japanese voice track. Nice!

Fuck yes, dual voice-track! Only confirmed for the NA release so far, though.

EDIT2: And actually, I was wrong with the Famitsu score. It was 31/40. Doesn't make them right anyway, but still, my bad.

i still haven't finished this game and the very fact eats at my soul, for it is incredible and i am weak

still, it'd be worth the money even if i only ever got three minutes in, so anyone who doesn't buy this should hang their head in SHAME

benson827

Banned
Why is the hype and awareness for this game so low......?

It's been announced and shown at all the events Nintendo takes part in and yet its only got 2000 views on a dedicated gaming site like neogaf.

Ignore all above this is simply a bump

Gomu Gomu

Fantastic OP. Didn't play the original yet. But this is already on my day 1 list. I mean it's a Treasure game after all.

Dascu

viewtifulsub said:
Time to dust off my Wii after 2yers.
Something finally worth playing.
No More Heroes 2 isn't exactly the next Killer7, but surely you ought to play it. Silent Hill Shattered Memories is quite good too for the fan of story-oriented games with some novel approaches to the genre.

thefil

This looks so awesome, but I find myself hoping it will crash hard so I can grab it from the bargain bin. Otherwise, I won't be able to play it at all.

viewtifulsub said:

Get this shit out of her.
Seriously.
Ugh, every Wii topic has to turn into a fucking list wars because of idiots like you.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
viewtifulsub said:

Tatsunoko Versus Capcom says hello

AceBandage said:
Seriously.
Ugh, every Wii topic has to turn into a fucking list wars because of idiots like you.

This, Also

YAY for awesome Wii games. Also the first few replies in this thread are confusing :lol

Can't wait for this, though I guess I'll have to wait till after exams to play it. :(

Dascu said:
No More Heroes 2 isn't exactly the next Killer7, but surely you ought to play it. Silent Hill Shattered Memories is quite good too for the fan of story-oriented games with some novel approaches to the genre.
I enjoyed NMH as an one-off experience, but i wasn't exactly craving another. I prefer Suda's other game design side of the spectrum; which everyone hates.
I might look into Silent Hill if only because how much revelation it turned out to be on GAF. Doesn't help that the Iceland volcano situation delayed the release over here.

AceBandage said:
Seriously.
My was post was nothing against the Wii, Nintendo, or whatever. The vast majority of releases of Wii releases just never interested me.

jufonuk said:
Tatsunoko Versus Capcom says hello
My fighter days are over, especially when everyone i know isn't into them anymore. 1p sucks

MYE said:
great post
You're welcome sir. Heres to S&P2.

Galang

Banned
Great OP! :D

Didn't realize there was a pre-order bonus, guess I'll get it at EB even if the bonus is small. Really wish there would be an art book for this game, but at least there's still Yasushi Suzuki's art book otherwise.

Top Bottom