• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Skies / Star Successor |OT|

Oxx

Despite all of my posts about price in this topic I'll probably still lay down £29.99 even if it hasn't dropped by this time next week.

Regulus Tera said:
Number of levels in the game:
----8----
. They tend to be pretty large, up to half an hour each.

Nice, my biggest fear was that it'd be too sho-

Regulus Tera said:
Some cosmetic changes (a few more colours here and there), dual language.

Nothing too major I think.

wut. Elaborate please.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Regulus Tera said:
All I'm gonna say is, if you have to choose between Super Mario Galaxy 2 and this game, choose this game.
I was planning on having to do this. With the delay now, I should be able to get both when they release and Metroid in August too.

Regarding sales, I'll be happy if it breaks the six-digit mark. Kinda unlikely.

Do we have any numbers for the VC release of S&P?
First month numbers will probably not be over a 100k, but few (none recently that I recall at this moment actually) Nintendo games have ever had LTD of less than 100k.

Oxx

I'm sure people tried to extrapolate Virtual Console numbers for Sin and Punishment out of Nintendo Channel stats, but I have no idea how close to the truth that would be.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Dascu said:
How does the save system work in this game?
Auto-save after each stage, save option from pause menu if you want to continue from a checkpoint.

JJConrad said:
First month numbers will probably not be over a 100k, but few (none recently that I recall at this moment actually) Nintendo games have ever had LTD of less than 100k.

Excitebots.

But not even S&P could perform as bad as Excitebots.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Regulus Tera said:
You guys are gonna make me cry. :(

Hey Andrex, how's Sin and Punishment? I heard it's a great game.

Been at school all day, haven't even downloaded it yet. :p

WillyFive

mjemirzian said:
This will be the game to finally get my Wii dug out of the closet. One of the best on rails shooters in recent memory.

Every other game always makes people take their Wii's out of the closets. Maybe they shouldn't pack the Wii game in closets after every playthrough.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I will touch my genitals as I play. Please do not think less of me. I am who I am, and am I not a man?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
adversesolutions said:
Fair warning: I will also be touching them.

I have plenty of genitals for both of us.

Oxx

My abiding memories of Sin and Punishment are the awesome aircraft carrier stage and the horrendous noise I made while playing it thanks to those clicky GC-controller shoulder buttons.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Hmmm, since my new arcade stick for SSFIV won't be here until tomorrow, I think I'll pop in the new CCPro and run through the original S&P on the VC a few times tonight instead. Yeah, that sounds good.

[Nintex]

Oxx said:
My abiding memories of Sin and Punishment are the awesome aircraft carrier stage and the horrendous noise I made while playing it thanks to those clicky GC-controller shoulder buttons.
That might be the most awesome stage in any shooting game ever.

About a week left till this hits Europe and I'm hyped!

[Nintex] said:
That might be the most awesome stage in any shooting game ever.

About a week left till this hits Europe and I'm hyped!
I say without hyperbole that S&P2 has at least three stages better than the aircraft carrier.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
ShockingAlberto said:
I say without hyperbole that S&P2 has at least three stages better than the aircraft carrier.

Stages
one, three, and five
?

I would say
seven
is better, too.

Regulus Tera said:
Stages
one, three, and five
?

I would say
seven
is better, too.
...okay so way more than three

Actually I'd say every level but
the forest which I loved but I don't think is better than the aircraft carrier
is better than S&P's best

Mejilan

Oxx said:

The scale and scope of the carrier stage blew me away during that generation. It was still a fairly impressive set piece a year or so ago, when I last played through the game.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mejilan said:
The scale and scope of the carrier stage blew me away during that generation. It was still a fairly impressive set piece a year or so ago, when I last played through the game.

Pro-tip: get some tissues when you play this game.

Sadist

EatChildren said:
I will touch my genitals as I play. Please do not think less of me. I am who I am, and am I not a man?
Is a dude not entitled to the touch of his bro's genitals?

Wait what

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
So, anybody know why it's been taking so long for the game to get a US release? It's absolute torture...

djtiesto said:
So, anybody know why it's been taking so long for the game to get a US release? It's absolute torture...
Release reasons, probably.

They've been adding some upgrades for graphics. Nothing terribly major, but some background stuff.

I just wanted to say that the art is absolutely gorgeous. In fact, it's been gracing my desktop for several months. Someone should create a Win 7 theme with sfx from the game, even Gears of War 1 + 2 have one, ffs!

Hiltz

I just went to a tv focus group last night that paid me $70.

I'll be using part of that money to pay for Sin & Punishment 2 and the other half to help pay for Trauma Team. The tv pilot I saw was pretty dull but it was worth the torture of going through to get some free cash.

Based on what I've seen from the gameplay videos, Treasure still can't make good looking human character models. Fortunately, if the sequel is anything like the original game, that won't matter one damn bit!

Oxx

Gametracker has a few more prices listed for the game now. Cool Shop UK is leading the pack @ £28.99 at the moment.

Hiltz

That was a pretty interesting read.

Who would have thought that Sin & Punishment's title was somewhat inspired by the title of the Japanese version of Perfect Dark ?

I'm so glad Treasure stuck with the original game's development even though it sounded like it was torture for them. However, one would certainly not think of that given how fun of a game Sin & Punishment really is.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Hiltz said:
Treasure still can't make good looking human character models.

Scooore! :lol

Yes, they're awful but wait to see the... "cut-scenes" :lol :lol :lol

Game's super tho, and besides the mentioned awfulness, everything else looks AWESOME.

Mejilan

Hmm, as awesome as the CCPro is, I couldn't really decide on a controller pre-set that really worked for me last night. Consequently, I didn't really play much of the original S&P last, as I originally planned. Le sigh.

Oxx

I'd give the original game a quick run-through, but I'm already juggling two massive time-sinks (Poke + MonHun) and Red Steel 2 is on the way. Not enough time.

I'm almost glad that SMG2 isn't imminent.

Easily my most anticipated Wii game, since perhaps Mario Galaxy! I rarely get excited for games anymore, but this sounds and looks so awesome.

I recently got the VC release the original, tried playing it with the GC controller and that was frustrating, but I immediately felt the genius behind the game's design and play mechanics. I'm waiting to get the Classic Controller Pro to play it.

Some of the screenshots in the OP look orgasmic! And the menu music theme is instantly catchy! :D

Hardcore Japan-developed shooter for the Wii, oh thank you Treasure! <3

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Naked Snake said:
Some of the screenshots in the OP look orgasmic! And the menu music theme is instantly catchy! :D

Imo, this is Non's best soundtrack yet. A total overhaul from the pos that was the original game's score.

T-MINUS 2 DAYS

StaSeb

Awesome game. The action is pretty much nonstop, the bosses are impressive and plentyful. Also there is a lot of variety and crazy ideas there. I did not see that coming.
A Mario-level? A level with a rear mirror?
W00t!

Top Bottom