• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyforge |OT| Thou shall not workship false prophets

Cracklox

Sorry Deadly don't know. Its happened to me as well and I don't know what I did to get it back

Downtime and patch in a few hours 6am PDT - be down 3 hours or so.

Also a shoutout to Boofa Head who, upon joining the Pantheon donated 500k.

Clearos, now the standards set, can we make that a standard Pantheon joining fee?
That is of course a joke. As far as I'm concerned there shouldnt be anyjoining fees. I've seen plenty of Pantheons that advertise with them though. Cmmpulsary weekly donations and shit like that

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Many of the requested features from the RU build will be added in the next major patch. While not all of them will make it in the first major update, we are working to implement as many as we can. Because of this, the patch is constantly being revised which makes it hard for us to commit to an exact date today, at this very moment. That may change in the upcoming future as things begin to solidify just a bit more.

I will say it will not be 3-6 months before the next patch and no, that doesnt automatically mean it will be 2 months either.

fingers crossed

another community manager said this

If you really want an estimated release window for the next major patch/update, it could be anywhere from 3 weeks up to 2.5 months. The included content, fixes, etc. is being amended constantly so it is hard to currently make/release a date.

also

The cap is based on the number of weeks your character has been in existence. So players that joined during Early Access week will have a slightly higher sparks cap for a few weeks over players that joined last week when OBT began because EA got in a week earlier. Eventually, both sets of players will reach the same max sparks cap off in a future week.

Clearos

Sorry Deadly don't know. Its happened to me as well and I don't know what I did to get it back

Downtime and patch in a few hours 6am PDT - be down 3 hours or so.

Also a shoutout to Boofa Head who, upon joining the Pantheon donated 500k.

Clearos, now the standards set, can we make that a standard Pantheon joining fee?
That is of course a joke. As far as I'm concerned there shouldnt be anyjoining fees. I've seen plenty of Pantheons that advertise with them though. Cmmpulsary weekly donations and shit like that

I'm okay with joining fees as long as the applicant first passes a vigorous physical examination and they also score above average on a mental aptitude test. This pantheon is not for friends and rainbows and..and unicorns. This is the elite.

Skulldead

Do I have to be in game for the Pantheon invite ? if yes who i can message in game ? (can send the info in PM)

Edit : weird i didn't saw it i'll check later today, Thank you

Clearos

Do I have to be in game for the Pantheon invite ? if yes who i can message in game ? (can send the info in PM)

Even if offline you will get the invite the next time you log in. Will see it on the left side of the screen and F1 accepts F2 declines.

I should be on around 11 pm EST if you need my assistance for an invite.

Cracklox

Edit : weird i didn't saw it i'll check later today, Thank you

Just sent it again mate. What Clearos said. Check for invite on left hand side.

Otherwise I'm Sham Wow or Clearos is Chambers Blackridge. Its pretty late where I am though and I'll be logging off soon. If you're not on until later, it might be better to get at Clearos (if he's on) if you don't see the invite

There's this newbie guide from Reddit:
  • Why you should NOT blindly chase after higher Prestige, and in fact should strive for keeping your Prestige as low as possible!
  • Why you should NOT use credits to accelerate your adept missions in the Order system, and why you should not really train your orders system much at all at first (with rules of thumb for when to focus on the Order system to best effect)
  • Why you should NOT disassemble your orange founders/collectors weapons
  • Why you should NOT spread yourself too thin at first by equally playing every class you've unlocked (Berserker/Gunner/Knight/Alchemist)
  • Why you should NEVER play any class until you've unlocked the "class sparks" portion of its class atlas while playing a different class.
  • Why you should prioritize Strength/Valor/Luck/Accuracy/Stamina above all other stats and should avoid Might as much as possible!
  • Why you should equip only BLUE/PURPLE/Founders/Collectors gear, and probably of a much lower prestige than you're actually capable of wearing!
  • Why you should focus on unlocking the three first "ether core" (Sun/Ket/Coph) nodes in the upper atlas before worrying about unlocking new classes
  • Why you should focus on playing in regions as much as, if not more than, in instances when you're in the 3000-9000 prestige range.
  • Why you should often choose the lowest difficulty option for many instances!
  • And finally, some easy rules of thumb for picking the right difficulty for solo, duo, and trio runs in Solo/Squad instances

Explained guide here
That first point. Man, this is the Last Remnant all over again. I'm so excited. :D

That newbie guide post is super helpful. I have done half those things already.... Fuck.
Can I get my orange light ringer stuff back from collectors lol?

So I hit prestige 4k last night, unlocked Archer and finished the 5 man dungeon 4 times. People were of varying skill levels but I discovered that you definately need a tank, supports become alot more relevant and skill required increases quite a bit. All was good. I ended up leading most teams to success.

What do you guys think about the fact that there are so few supporters and only 2 tank roles. Once people unlock the classes they want there will basically be no tanks around ever I am expecting.....

That newbie guide post is super helpful. I have done half those things already.... Fuck.
Can I get my orange light ringer stuff back from collectors lol?

So I hit prestige 4k last night, unlocked Archer and finished the 5 man dungeon 4 times. People were of varying skill levels but I discovered that you definately need a tank, supports become alot more relevant and skill required increases quite a bit. All was good. I ended up leading most teams to success.

What do you guys think about the fact that there are so few supporters and only 2 tank roles. Once people unlock the classes they want there will basically be no tanks around ever I am expecting.....

I'm guessing that more classes will be revealed in the future.
This game will have a good run, and more updates are imminent.

I... did not, no :p
Had this problem last night haha. 5 man dungeon on default impossible and normal difficulty we later quad as are totally different experiences. :p

I definately agree I'll be playing this for a long time to come and more content will be added, was more just posting observations so far.

I'll message someone who is online and add to friends in around 2 hours. Will be Marshmellow Arelia. Will also add to excel

Yeah same problem here. Re-logged a few times and nothing. Friendslist is coming and going as well.

Yeesh......
All running on same community server as the aleinet? thing which has been unreliable also I believe. They'll hotfix reasonably soon I hope.

Nocturn

Neo Member
I am so lost in this game. That Reddit page barely helps me. Right now all I am doing is taking quests and following the markers lol. The UI is really annoying to me. I feel overwhelmed that its slightly putting me off. I'll keep at it though, things might just click if i press on.

Einbroch

Banned
There's this newbie guide from Reddit:

That first point. Man, this is the Last Remnant all over again. I'm so excited. :D

This actually really turns me off the game.

So much so that I might be done with it.

Edit: LOL you can't even delete your character and start over? What a joke.

This game has so many "wtf" issues it's insane. You can't simply add friends to a friends list. You can't manually activate your cursor. Next to nothing is explained.

Maybe it'll be good in six months, but right now, it's a mess.

I am so lost in this game. That Reddit page barely helps me. Right now all I am doing is taking quests and following the markers lol. The UI is really annoying to me. I feel overwhelmed that its slightly putting me off. I'll keep at it though, things might just click if i press on.

If you've already mastered your class' skill combos, you can safely play the game without the UI. Press ctrl + u to hide it. I do that for some leisure easy dungeon runs.
It'll be better if we can hide each part of the UI though.

This actually really turns me off the game.

So much so that I might be done with it.

Easy, it's not the end of the world.
You can still catch up by doing easy dungeons to "repair" your prestige.

Einbroch

Banned
Easy, it's not the end of the world.
You can still catch up by doing easy dungeons to "repair" your prestige.

It's not that, it's that I have to constantly worry about what items to use, what to upgrade, and so on. Heck, there's even a section of "don't even pick up this item type at all because it screws you over".

What kind of backwards design is that? This kind of permanent punishment is so against the "pick whatever class and play how you want" basic system of this game.

Shame, too, because I quite like how the game actually plays.

Yeah, I agree that it's a turn off and seems like bad game design to me.

Indeed. I'm not enjoying any of the 3 starting classes. I need to play on reduced difficulty with reduced rewards because my prestige is outstripping my effectiveness. Which means unlocking a new class is even father away now.

One of the coolest things about the game is that you can switch classes on the fly. But then you're punished for leveling up 2 different classes, neither will be as good as your prestige suggests.

By unequipping my weapons I actually make my character better.... crazy.

docbon

Thank goodness I've only made it to 1k prestige before reading that guide.

Also, I still need an invite to the Pantheon. I'm online as Lorde Doome~

I'm really enjoying Kinetic. I definitely have less sustained damage than my Cryomancer, but it's really satisfying to build up and then obliterate entire health bars from a boss. On my ice wizard I was always just chipping away at the health.

I also think people might be overestimating the prestige stuff. I didn't pay attention to any guides and winged it, i'm at 4500 or so and I've not run into any real issues. Maybe it'd be worse if I was solo constantly but in a group setting i'm doing just fine.

Call it a hunch, I doubt that guide is going to be super relevant for long. Some stuff (like splitting your progression between your main class and another) makes sense, but I kind of doubt they'll keep stuff like Might being entirely useless.

Yeah, I think the prestige guide is just for those who love to min-maxing their characters. It's not like you'll be totally gimped and won't be able to do dungeons anymore in the future. It's not deal breaking especially if you're enjoying the game so far.
That might thing is kinda silly though, I hope they'll patch it soon.

Cracklox

^^^ beaten. Was about to suggest the same that its a starters guide on how to min/max. At 7.5k and not having read that till now, turns out I've been doing some of it anyway. The rest is whatever. As long as I can contribute in a fight and dungeons arent failing or taking forever I'm happy.

Thank goodness I've only made it to 1k prestige before reading that guide.

Also, I still need an invite to the Pantheon. I'm online as Lorde Doome~

Was about to send another but I see your in. Welcome

^^^ beaten. Was about to suggest the same that its a starters guide on how to min/max. At 7.5k and not having read that till now, turns out I've been doing some of it anyway. The rest is whatever. As long as I can contribute in a fight and dungeons arent failing or taking forever I'm happy.

Was about to send another but I see your in. Welcome

It's not entirely bad design. I will say that things are poorly communicated, though. Like, it's a players first instinct to see something is better and want to use it, so without level locking items (which would be prestige locking in this game) they need something in place to tell players their difficulty is getting upped the higher prestige you have. They also don't explain lowering difficulty.

On lowering difficulty, I take no issue with having to lower it and get less rewards if I'm unable do something. I actually see this as a purposeful part of them being f2p, but again, they do a poor job explaining.

Cracklox

It's not entirely bad design. I will say that things are poorly communicated, though. Like, it's a players first instinct to see something is better and want to use it, so without level locking items (which would be prestige locking in this game) they need something in place to tell players their difficulty is getting upped the higher prestige you have. They also don't explain lowering difficulty.

On lowering difficulty, I take no issue with having to lower it and get less rewards if I'm unable do something. I actually see this as a purposeful part of them being f2p, but again, they do a poor job explaining.

I blame Obsidian! Thats they're department isn't it. Translating and such. But seriously I wonder if things are as vague in its native RU.

And oh yeah, I'm not bagging the guide. There's very helpful stuff in there. Maxing starter class is vital for example. Following it all to a tee though would be what I would call the very definition of min/maxing. Which is ok if thats how people want to play I guess

quick question. mostly directed at commanders i guess.

I have about 4-5 mates that are playing, are they free to join GAF guild also or are we keeping it in-house?

Cracklox

quick question. mostly directed at commanders i guess.

I have about 4-5 mates that are playing, are they free to join GAF guild also or are we keeping it in-house?

I BELIEVE (we are on Gaf afterall) that Clearos mentioned at this stage, no. Down the track when we have a better idea of how many number we have and need, it will probably get opened up.

I sent you an invite btw, though half of mine don't seem to be working too well - edit. actually says you're still in a Pantheon

I BELIEVE (we are on Gaf afterall) that Clearos mentioned at this stage, no. Down the track when we have a better idea of how many number we have and need, it will probably get opened up.

I sent you an invite btw, though half of mine don't seem to be working too well - edit. actually says you're still in a Pantheon

Ok at this stage might keep pantheon i have open for now and playing with mates (cause they are also on at aussie times) but if GAF becomes happy to go open we will likely come join

Still keen to group with you all obviously, ive sent out a bunch of friend invites. happy to be added also

Cracklox

Ok at this stage might keep pantheon i have open for now and playing with mates (cause they are also on at aussie times) but if GAF becomes happy to go open we will likely come join

Still keen to group with you all obviously, ive sent out a bunch of friend invites. happy to be added also

Hah, all good. I'm in Aus btw, so good having another one around. Outside of weekends playing with this lot is going to be tough. That is, when we can eventually play together.

Feel free to add me. Sham Wow

Oh and Docbon, thats a bug of the good kind I guess. It 1st happened on the 2nd day of early access. I thought they would have fixed it by now. No wonder there hasn't been any daily logins since

Apparently, server will be down for 30-45 minutes for a hotfix.
Please be aware that the Skyforge NA server will be taken offline for a quick restart today, July 22nd, to implement a PvP queue hotfix. Please find specific details pertaining to the maintenance below:

Purpose:
We have identified an issue preventing players from properly entering a PvP match with other players. This server restart will implement a hotfix to correct this issue.

Duration:
Approx. 30-45 minutes
12:50pm PDT to 1:30pm PDT

Affected Users:
During the restart, the NA Skyforge server will be inaccessible to all players.

http://sf.my.com/us/news/announcements/skyforge-pvp-hotfix-restart-72215

Top Bottom