• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyforge |OT| Thou shall not workship false prophets

Clearos

I honestly wasn't impressed with the Knight from what I played in the training room. Not as fun as the Paly, IMO. I think I'm gonna scoop up Kinetic, then pick up the Divine Form while I solidify that.

I really enjoyed the reflection shield the knight gets. Just stand in an aoe pop it and destroy anything around you.

I might knight down the road but ill def have pally ready for dungeons/raids and work on the slayer as my fun class.

Cracklox

I honestly wasn't impressed with the Knight from what I played in the training room. Not as fun as the Paly, IMO. I think I'm gonna scoop up Kinetic, then pick up the Divine Form while I solidify that.

You should be able to round out a few more classes then that before ascending. I think I maxed my cryos skill tree around 5500-6. Didn't touch the Archer I had unlocked until I had maxed the Cryo tree so everything went straight there. Going by that very rough approximation, you could prob max 5 or 6 classes before Godhood.

There's gear I guess, if you want to grind for it, but the itemization isn't too amazing right now, so I'd prefer to go muck around with another class once a trees complete. There's too many I wanna play!

Need to add my info to the doc. In meetings all afternoon, though. I'm Adryanna in game, and am already in Skygaf.

If there a good starters guide to read? I'm still in the first of the more open zones, but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything mechanics wise. Like, I know nothing about getting followers, but I assume I just need to keep playing for that to unlock.

Cracklox

Need to add my info to the doc. In meetings all afternoon, though. I'm Adryanna in game, and am already in Skygaf.

If there a good starters guide to read? I'm still in the first of the more open zones, but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything mechanics wise. Like, I know nothing about getting followers, but I assume I just need to keep playing for that to unlock.

Hmmm. Guides are a little sparse at the moment unless you're proficient in Russian. The official forums are ok if you dig around amongst the crap. There's a few experienced RU players that post some pretty helpful stuff tho. Look up stuff posted by somethingarutha Wyck. He knows his stuff, but i'm not sure how helpful it will all be for starting out

^^^ also invited and accepted

DrBo42

Looks like my collector's edition applied to a new account :( Can someone add me to the Pantheon and remove the old one? Croc MacTavish now.

Clearos

Looks like my collector's edition applied to a new account :( Can someone add me to the Pantheon and remove the old one? Croc MacTavish now.

Ouch, I'm leaving work now and should have an invite out in about 45 minutes if Sham is not online.

Played a bit and liked the presentation a lot, not sure yet if I'll stick to it but it looks good so far.

Also added myself to the sheet, invite please?

My one major gripe with the game is queue times. I'm at 6950 prestiege and queue times for everything are awful. I can only imagine it'll get worse as the disparity between prestiege levels increases over time.

PVP is in an even worse spot as you can't queue for different prestiege tiers.

My one major gripe with the game is queue times. I'm at 6950 prestiege and queue times for everything are awful. I can only imagine it'll get worse as the disparity between prestiege levels increases over time.

PVP is in an even worse spot as you can't queue for different prestiege tiers.

You're high prestige compared to a lot of people I imagine. As the levels spread out I think it'll become easier to find a group. The game is probably very loaded towards the early levels atm.

DrBo42

PSA: In additional graphics "3D image scale" is a resolution scale slider. Make sure that's at max to get your game looking as crisp as possible. Mine defaulted to only around 70%, way better looking now.

Einbroch

Banned
This game reminds me a LOT of the first Guild Wars, but with more action combat.

Instanced, untraditional leveling system, limited ability bar, cross class play, etc.

This game reminds me a LOT of the first Guild Wars, but with more action combat.

Instanced, untraditional leveling system, limited ability bar, cross class play, etc.

Yup, and considering Guild Wars 1 is one of my favorite games... i'm completely loving it

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, and considering Guild Wars 1 is one of my favorite games... i'm completely loving it

same here its really great fun and for me is alot different to other mmo's nice fresh take on thing

manfestival

not sure what to think of the trailers and footage so I have one important question

how close is this to phantasy star online?

Klyka

Banned
Just played about...40 minutes of this?

It's weird. It feels hella unpolished but also looks kinda good?
The combat feels bad but can sometimes click and feels satisfying?

What a weird mixed bag of a game.
At least it is free though!
I'll spend some more time in this.

Skulldead

I like it... but does the game get harder the more you advance ? it's a little on the very easy side right now (my 5 solo dungeon).

Hey all. I got totally addicted to this on the weekend. Love this game.
2 questions I have so far.
1. Started our own pantheon can you ally/join pantheons together? Seems unreasonable to do anything significant with 5 members.
2. Do things like spark gains/rewards scale up at all as you progress? I am 2500 prestige and seem to be getting similar rewards to that of 1000,thus making progression really hard. Ie. Does this change or is it intended design.

I recant all the bad things I may have said about the Knight. That incredible execution animation makes up for the unsatisfying main combo loop.

I had no idea that premium was a thing for a limited time when you started. I logged in today and am greeted with a warning message that my premium features is over and i'll have to grind a whole lot more without it, yeah no thanks, the grind is real crazy here.

fyqV1b8.png

Managed to unlock Kinetic. Hit my weekly cap but class looks really awesome, can't wait to level it up some.

not sure what to think of the trailers and footage so I have one important question

how close is this to phantasy star online?

So it's pretty similar in a few ways. You generally are in a hub and you go from there to your activity. I'd say the missions are about the most similar type of content. They're fairly linear and is a small party of 3, you'll repeat these often and different difficulties have different goals and change it up some. Those (which you do a lot of) feel very similar to the PSO gameplay loop -- barring the different combat. Dungeons and open world zones are a bit more of a departure. I'd say it scratches the PSO itch though.

Ruff

Giving this a look now. As someone with a huge fondness for Tera's combat, will this hit the same spot?

I had no idea that premium was a thing for a limited time when you started. I logged in today and am greeted with a warning message that my premium features is over and i'll have to grind a whole lot more without it, yeah no thanks, the grind is real crazy here.

fyqV1b8.png

Premium is nice but you can hit the weekly cap even without it. You can also buy premium with in-game currency but the conversion ratio is pretty pricey atm.

Ploid 3.0

I think having a alt account in this game of "(almost) Everything Is Capped" is the way to go. Starting a new one now, I can go to a different side of the tree towards another class even. Two classes for the price of one capped week.

Vex_

Banned
Giving this a look now. As someone with a huge fondness for Tera's combat, will this hit the same spot?

It did for me anyways.It feels like gw2 and Tera had a baby.

There are only a set amount of skills you can use at once. You can swap them out for new ones for your build. Funny thing is, there are also traits talents: GW2.

Combat is action based. You use spacing and positioning to your advantage: Tera.

I'd say the game reminds me of neverwinter -- the way it is structured with its zones.

Ploid 3.0

Yes, dodging, combos, crazy setups for great damage. Though the PVP might not be balanced if you were into Tera PVP. Also the world isn't a real open world like Tera. Gameplay will be Tera like though, also mounts expire after 1 hour of active use and you have to pay real money for one (I'm walking).

Edit I forgot about the abilities. Tera have a ton of abilities to macro, the abilities in this game are limited in active skills, and then you have tweaks to those abilities like the Glyph in Tera, but Tera's Glyphs are more customizable.

Azull

So this game is amazing. It reminds me of a mixture of so many different games (Path of Exile skill system, Guildwars Instanced maps with peeps in them, TERA combat). I added my name to the Sheet for an invite, can't wait to play with you fellow gaffers!

I'm really digging the art style & graphics. Some of the vistas are just beautiful, took lots of screenshots already. Too bad the AA is crappy though.
Premium is nice, but it's not mandatory. You'll still hit the cap with premium anyway, so it'll only make your cap progression faster. You can still play casually to hit the cap without premium. Better spend money somewhere else, like on class unlocks and/or cosmetics.

aerogod 2.0

Neo Member
Downloaded this not expecting much and was pleasantly surprised. Very surprised, actually. Its up their right alongside PS2 and PoE as the best F2P games in the past few years.

The grind is pretty heavy but I don't mind it yet because everything else is so on point, and for some reason I don't feel obligated to play hours everyday just to keep up with people like some other MMOs which is why i give up on them eventually

Primus

Vacation starting, so I'll be AFK for about a week or so. Gonna have a lot of catch-up to do with the rest of the pantheon. :)

This game is great. I didn't know anything about this game going in, but I downloaded this only to try something new and the MMO space doesn't really have much in terms of variety.

The grind doesn't bother me at all. The combat is on point and I am now putting this game on my list as - along with Warframe - something to kick back in and kill shit after work. I've been playing Warframe for a while know and don't plan to stop anytime soon. The same goes for Skyforge. I'm all in.

Added my name to the list for an invite too.

Cracklox

Hey all. I got totally addicted to this on the weekend. Love this game.
2 questions I have so far.
1. Started our own pantheon can you ally/join pantheons together? Seems unreasonable to do anything significant with 5 members.
2. Do things like spark gains/rewards scale up at all as you progress? I am 2500 prestige and seem to be getting similar rewards to that of 1000,thus making progression really hard. Ie. Does this change or is it intended design.

1. Yeah it would seem that way. The more members, the more people can pitch in cash and help build buildings. The costs on the more advanced ones are pretty crazy too and they're the good ones that give perks, missions etc. Game doent seem to be designed for small Pantheons. At least at the moment

2. Yes. Im 6.8 and I did a mission last night that netted be 30 odd holy texts. The max you'll get from the early missions is maybe is maybe 10. Also at 3000 you'll unlock the 1st 5 man. Those reward you pretty heartily

This game is amazing, I love the setting. How do you buy more classes?

Keep progressing your starter class atlas until you unlock the ascension atlas. You can't miss it. Once there, the big central nodes are the cool things. Have a look around and find a class you want to play (they're not all classes, just some) click on it, and then choose show path. Then get your spark grind on to unlock all the colored nodes along the way. Once there you need sparks of transformation, but you should acquire more then enough from just playing

edit sent invite inyourprime

^^ haha. Do you have a more say, snake-eatery skin to wear

Zaph

I usually like playing healers, so how is the support role in this? Is it actually a required, integral part of the game, or just an underwhelming DPS role with a bit of utility?

Are particular demand for one class over the other?

Cracklox

Apparently the cap is going to increase by only 500 this week?

Edit: you got your invite, prime?

Here's what happened the 1st week of founders.

- Cap got reset (prob about 5 or hour before advertised time too!).
- Region chat goes yay as do I, although I was just short of both spark caps
- Because of my carry over I'm a little confused by how much it went up.
- Go back to game and region chat is up in arms "increase of only 500! looks like I'll be hitting cap in 6 hours again"
- Here's where it gets a little confusing. Official forums went a little crazy, and the official response was something along the lines of "everyone for the first week has a boosted cap so the increase won't seem as much at 1st"

Hang on I'll see if I can find the post

Edit - Yep/Nope can't find link. Did find however that the limit is based on account of age and goes up the same for everyone over time which I was a little confused about

Vlodril

I usually like playing healers, so how is the support role in this? Is it actually a required, integral part of the game, or just an underwhelming DPS role with a bit of utility?

Are particular demand for one class over the other?

as far as i understand it so far there is no real healer. you get some health drops from the monsters themselves. there is a support starting class (lightbringer) but i am not sure of its function exactly (the ingame tutorial lost me). you target a friendly member and you can shield them and use your attacks on them and that does .. something :p

Top Bottom