• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SLAI: Phantom Crash BETA TEST

Check your emails....SONY is sending out invites as we speak.

bn0904_slai_d.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Just got the email. Have no idea what the hell this is (it's made by Konami), but since there's no GT4 online, I mind as well sign up for it.

aku:jiki

Wario64 said:
Have no idea what the hell this is (it's made by Konami)
Should be by Genki, shouldn't it? (Since they made the first one.)

It's head to head mech battle action. Original game had its own style and lots of neat stuff I'm too lazy to recall, but a more than flawed execution. Here's to hoping this one fixes it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
If you read the preview, it's actually 4 players online instead of 8. 4 people play at the same time, but there's 4 other people waiting to join in. When someone dies, another player joins in the game. Kinda weird setup

Really looking forward to this. I loved the first one to bits, and taking it online is a natural step forward (since it was basically a deathmatch setup with other characters as bots). I just wish I'd set up my playstation.com beta preferences before today. :/

I still don't understand what it is people didn't like about Phantom Crash. The deathmatch-only play? The lack of arenas?

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
why do I never get into betas for games I'm at least remotely interested in? this is just like when I emailed that nice african guy my bank account number and he never sent me the manila envelope filled with gold coins.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I got the confirmation beta email today. Beta kit drop date TBA

Also received some email to fill out some survey under the G.A.P.

S.L.A.I. Phantom Crash Public Beta
Konami
Beta Start 9/30/04 - Beta End 10/28/04

WarPig

It's actually by Phantagram, not Genki, I think. Genki just published the first one in Japan or something like that.

I played it a few weeks ago at a Konami deal, liked it a fair bit. The online mode is set up kinda like Rocket Arena, where the spectators rotate in as people in the game get fragged, so you can get more people involved in a single game without crowding the map.

DFS.

WarPig said:
It's actually by Phantagram, not Genki, I think. Genki just published the first one in Japan or something like that.
Genki developed it, and since Konami has a stake in them now, I'm sure that's why they're publishing. Phantagram published the first one here, but I think it was distributed by Encore or something.

WarPig

jiji said:
Genki developed it, and since Konami has a stake in them now, I'm sure that's why they're publishing. Phantagram published the first one here, but I think it was distributed by Encore or something.

Ah, okay, I haddit backwards. I forgot that Phantagram was doing US localizations for all of, like, 30 seconds back in the day.

DFS.

Alex

How much improved is this over the original? Neat concept that turned into easily one of the worst games I've ever played, such a mess.

Top Bottom