• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brofist

HUELEN10 said:
My old roommate made a bet of 80 USD with me that the PSS3 slim is fake just now.

What should I do with the money, get a couple of Dualshocks?

Buy yourself 3 or 4 copies of Monster Hunter 3.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
damaster129 said:
do a online gamestop add, so you dont need to show text coming through the back, say a person "high up" got the email early
That's be a bit too easy to fake though. I think faking a computer SKU thing would be really fun though (having Slim show up in the sku database).

Hmmmm...

deepbrown

chubigans said:
So I was bored last night and wanted to get my hand on some quick internet fame.
And that's how it's done. :lol

2v2xf06.jpg
:lol
2v2xf06.jpg

chubigans said:
That's be a bit too easy to fake though. I think faking a computer SKU thing would be really fun though (having Slim show up in the sku database).

Hmmmm...
yeah, i think someone took a photo of that, while on a computer. good job tho, once they see this thread theyre gonna be like "f this kid"

KZObsessed

chubigans said:
The perfectionist in me is crying over those small details (and the dollar sign! Gah! How could I miss that!). Maybe I should leak out a more perfected one. :lol

I had to restrain myself from hiding the wrestlers in the pic, btw. :lol

Oh man I should have totally done that though!

I think that would have killed me :lol

patsu

chubigans said:
The winner is Gizmondo, who asked me some follow up questions AFTER posting it on their site.

And that's how it's done. :lol

Gizmondo and N4G published your fake ad ? You should sell the story to an old-school, reputable press. They'd expand it to critic how new age media outlet s*ck.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Doc Evils said:
Bwahaha :lol

I wish Kotaku and Joys-tiq bought it though, that would have been epic. Maybe they will later.

Gizmondo didn't really buy it, but that didn't stop em from posting it! I wish more newspapers would do the same.

"The USA Today is reporting that John Hughes died due to a cocaine/heroin overdose, according to several insider sources. While we here at USA Today don't believe this story, we felt it was our duty to report on it."

womfalcs3 said:
Ahhhhh, fun's over I guess. :(

deepbrown

MotherFan said:
Lol its spreading like herpes in a college town. Chubs, congratulations, this is absolute gold. I am just hoping kotaku picks it up as well lol.
Sadly too late, chubbi caved in too quickly.

deepbrown

chubigans said:
Bwahaha :lol

I wish Kotaku and Joys-tiq bought it though, that would have been epic. Maybe they will later.

Gizmondo didn't really buy it, but that didn't stop em from posting it! I wish more newspapers would do the same.

"The USA Today is reporting that John Hughes died due to a cocaine/heroin overdose, according to several insider sources. While we here at USA Today don't believe this story, we felt it was our duty to report on it."
Too easy.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Well I did the email last night...so I figured after ten hours if they didn't post it, they probably weren't. Plus they were likely tipped off by the obvious cakefoo shop and the small errors.

I won't make those same mistakes again. :D

edit: twitter? Really? :lol

gtj1092

chubigans said:
The perfectionist in me is crying over those small details (and the dollar sign! Gah! How could I miss that!). Maybe I should leak out a more perfected one. :lol

I had to restrain myself from hiding the wrestlers in the pic, btw. :lol

Oh man I should have totally done that though!

Did you just send in the Ps3 portion because the 20GB 360 and NCAA 09 are pretty dead giveaways.

Great job none the less your "internet" is in the mail:D

deepbrown

chubigans said:
Well I did the email last night...so I figured after ten hours if they didn't post it, they probably weren't. Plus they were likely tipped off by the obvious cakefoo shop and the small errors.

I won't make those same mistakes again. :D

edit: twitter? Really? :lol
pxlmonsters2.gif
Tra la la

Yup. Jonathan Ross tweeted it.

MotherFan

Someone can still make a Gamestop ad and claim it was leaked by a district manager at one of the meetings or some shit. Blogs will gobble that one up. Need a new pic though

deepbrown

Cakefoo needs to move around the controller and make lots of diff pics of the slim - like the ones Sony releases...they do lots of close up angles etc.

deepbrown said:
Cakefoo needs to move around the controller and make lots of diff pics of the slim - like the ones Sony releases...they do lots of close up angles etc.
This. Keep those bloggers on their toes! :lol

panda21

yeah kotaku aren't going to post that, its just a bad shop, not something believable like metal gear soda.

hi mr kotaku 'journalist' lurker!

Carl

deepbrown said:

This. The placemet of the controller is giving away all of the fakes :lol

Ettie

DMeisterJ said:

In which case the category of the current shitstorm will be upgraded. There will be 'journalists' wandering around in the howling wind and blowing shit and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom