• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonabbey

Sirolf said:
Well..Back to the reality :D

Old PS3 form for the picture but it says clearly "New Console,new price"

Bam final proof :D

"Visuel non contractuel" means 'appearance may vary from that shown'. :D

Which is brilliant.. cakefoo and chubigans should start putting that in all 'shops, in small text. ;-)

Sirolf said:
Well..Back to the reality :D

Bam final proof :D

Dramatic-Prairie-Dog.gif

Loudninja

jonabbey said:
"Visuel non contractuel" means 'appearance may vary from that shown'. :D

Which is brilliant.. cakefoo and chubigans should start putting that in all 'shops, in small text. ;-)

No lets leave the real one alone ok? ;)

KillJade

Banned
If Sony were to pack all of the features the 60GB had, I'd be tempted to purchase a second PS3, and then I'd toss my 320GB HDD in it.

KillJade said:
If Sony were to pack all of the features the 60GB had, I'd be tempted to purchase a second PS3, and then I'd toss my 320GB HDD in it.
The price difference between a 20GB drive and a 160GB drive is only like $10 though. Probably even less at wholesale rates. It wouldn't really make sense for them to do that.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Are we gonna get a cryptic countdown clock now? :lol
sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Complete with battery meter blocking the numbers...:lol
No seriously, somebody please do this! :lol

Sirolf

-Pyromaniac- said:
I'm gonna laugh so hard if Kaz comes out and shows the PS3 Slim and it looks EXACTLY like cakefoo's mock-up.

Cakefoo's mock-up is based on a supposed real PS3 slim unit so ...:lol

Elios83

-Pyromaniac- said:
I'm gonna laugh so hard if Kaz comes out and shows the PS3 Slim and it looks EXACTLY like cakefoo's mock-up.

Well considering his mock up is based on the real thing I don't know what people are expecting :D :lol :lol

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
MightyHedgehog said:
All we've got so far is definitive proof of a price drop across Europe to 299€, but nothing quite so convincing for a new 'slim' model releasing in the same timeframe?

Still skeptical? :p

I'm curious...what's the current price of PS3 in Japan? Where would the price be expected to go to there if the slim is 299 in EU/US?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Sony have got to be LOVING this, seriously.

A 6000+ post thread on the biggest gaming forum on the web, feeding every blog in creation and keeping people debating what the new PS3 is actually going to cost and look like...

Priceless.

MotherFan

Clear said:

A 6000+ post thread on the biggest gaming forum on the web, feeding every blog in creation and keeping people debating what the new PS3 is actually going to cost and look like...

Priceless.

Unless there is no slim :p

Carl

Internet Celebrity said:
So only half a month til you're back? :D

I really really hope that it isn't priced at £299 in the UK (going along with Sony's £=€=$ delusion).

I can see that happening :lol

Price cut WORLDWIDE

(Worldwide does not include the UK)

reKon

Banned
MotherFan said:
Unless there is no slim :p

There is. But, I can't imagine what would happen to the gaming portion of the internet if the Slim was a dream and there was no price cut and they instead unveiled the PSP2 in pink with a hannah montana for like $120.

agaru

Man, Ken looks like a genius motherfucker in that pic.

Clear said:

Priceless.
It's funny when you think of the way this thread started... Most people were claiming the pics in the OP were fake/joke/cheap, but slowly things have been getting clearer and now it's proven real.

Clear said:

Priceless.

And people say Sony sucks at marketing :lol

CamHostage

chubigans said:
So I was bored last night and wanted to get my hand on some quick internet fame...

kfake4.jpg

...email Kotaku, Joy-stiq and Gizmondo to see who will bite first.

The winner is Gizmondo, who asked me some follow up questions AFTER posting it on their site.

And that's how it's done. :lol

I'd probably laugh at their poor journalistic standards as well if I didn't know how absolutely useless the PR agencies are at most companies, how many roadblocks are erected between the press and the creators of hardware and software, and how fruitless it is to try to stay the right path. If a blog site doesn't post this stuff and it's proven true, they look like they're out of the loop, but if they try to verify it, there's nothing but dead ends ahead. People shit on entertainment journalists for posting bunk news, but it's a no-win situation these guys are in with a whole internet full of hooligans with nothing better to do at nights than fuck with the press. It's like when the cops get a phony calls about a bomb at a school, they still have to sweep the building even though they know it's just some snot-nosed kid trying to get out of a test. It's a global game of Cry Wolf. They're still tards for falling for it (it's not like they HAVE to run every news story,) but I can certainly see why it happens.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
My suggestion would be to have the three portraits evenly spaced as if they were pictures on a wall...

...in every household.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom