• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
Cruzader said:
Now this guy lives in the ultimate fanboy's wetdream world..lol

Oh shit guys, dont post on gaf abour your 2nd+ PS3 at home or else!!! I remember back when the 360 had really bad Rrods and this guy bought 11+ 360s... ELEVEN.(before 3 yr warranty stuff) I think most 360 owners own more than one. Are they fanboy's? No.

Also great job cakefoo!
I have a 360 and I only have 1. Most people I know only have 1 360. Starting with the falcon 360 is better than the old ones.(most 360 owner I know are not like this guy.)
When I buy my new ps3 will buy whatever system they have in the store. Right now my friend is looking for some good deals on the ps3. By the way is the Slim PS3 fake or not? I know there is fake pic going around on the net. is sony going to do a price cut or not. should a buy a ps3 now or wait?

Massa

Kasumi1970 said:
I have a 360 and I only have 1. Most people I know only have 1 360. Starting with the falcon 360 is better than the old ones.(most 360 owner I know are not like this guy.)
When I buy my new ps3 will buy whatever system they have in the store. Right now my friend is looking for some good deals on the ps3. By the way is the Slim PS3 fake or not? I know there is fake pic going around on the net. is sony going to do a price cut or not. should a buy a ps3 now or wait?

The PS3 Slim is real and it's likely coming out this year. Most people here believe it will be announced August 18 along with a new price for the PS3 - $299/€299

agaru

cakefoo said:
Thanks. I think I didn't word my post right. I was referring to this logo
98vn5w.gif
being engraved into the case in the same way as the model you initially created. Not that I'm asking again. :p

Egmont said:
It looks just like an old PS3. Why not just buy a fat?
Cooler and quieter?

For the record, I prefer the mock up with the Homoarakhn font. Would like to see it with just the "PS3" in the same orientation as the first mock up but in the Homoarakhn font.

agaru said:
98vn5w.gif
being engraved into the case in the same way as the model you initially created. Not that I'm asking again. :p
What I'm trying to say as well.

The new font fits the slim's shape better and helps differentiate the slim from the old PS3.

I've got a launch PS3 and may buy a slim when it hits $200.

Pimpbaa

Blimblim said:
As a web developer I'm sorry to say that I fucking hate you and people who still use IE6 for no good reason. I can understand corporate requirements, but if you are free to upgrade or use another browser please please please do so.
I'd say that 40% of the time spent of the new version of my site's html/css was lost over IE6's compatibility. I still can't believe how long it took us to find that zoom: 1 bug fix so some elements of the site would stop moving around the layout by themselves (really, they would be in different places every time the page loaded, and resizing the browser window would have them go back in place). Needless to say there is no way in hell the next version of the site will support IE6. I'm not even sure I'll take the time to support IE7.
By I digress, back to the SLIM.
(I still hate you though).

Don't be too hard on him. I think it's great that a special person like him is even able to use a computer. God bless him!

topofuji

Banned
HUELEN10 said:
Because it's not slim. I need a slim. I am sick of having a fat, fucking loud as a train if you get a non-quiet one. :(

Don't know about you, but my launch 60gb PS3 is as quiet as a mouse.

HUELEN10

topofuji said:
Don't know about you, but my launch 60gb PS3 is as quiet as a mouse.
You're lucky. Mine was loud as a train, and I am not alone. When PS3s get loud, they get extremely loud.

alba

Little is the new Big
Blimblim said:
As a web developer I'm sorry to say that I fucking hate you and people who still use IE6 for no good reason. I can understand corporate requirements, but if you are free to upgrade or use another browser please please please do so.
I'd say that 40% of the time spent of the new version of my site's html/css was lost over IE6's compatibility. I still can't believe how long it took us to find that zoom: 1 bug fix so some elements of the site would stop moving around the layout by themselves (really, they would be in different places every time the page loaded, and resizing the browser window would have them go back in place). Needless to say there is no way in hell the next version of the site will support IE6. I'm not even sure I'll take the time to support IE7.

I'm in the same situation, agree completely... UPGRADE PEOPLE for the love of god!!

regs

You should see all the 360 owners that buy multiple 360s in case theirs breaks. Now that is what is pretty amusing.

I would be willing to bet a lot of those are the same people who were buying multiple ps2's last gen for the same reason :lol

HUELEN10 said:
You're lucky. Mine was loud as a train, and I am not alone. When PS3s get loud, they get extremely loud.

True, but not quite as loud as a jasper 360. That thing was like a vacuum cleaner.

carlosp

Banned
mclaren777 said:
I still use IE6 and I quite like it.

why in gods name? How? I mean why on this world would somone, i mean, you seem to use it by your own, you are not forced but you want to do it. I mean whyyyy? Would you sleep with a fat, stinky, ugly girl if you can have the prom queen who loves to give you a BJ???? That is what you are doing. You are sleeping with the fat ugly stinky one and dont take the prom queen.

004_pics.jpg

HUELEN10

APZonerunner said:
dreamcast.jpg

BEEEP. VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
:lol
Still, due to it s awesomeness, it can be forgiven. At least it is not the loud roaring fan of a loud PS3. I miss having a PS3, come out already slim!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
HUELEN10 said:
It has nothing to do with luck. 80GB models that are sold now are very silent. Launch 60GB on the other hand could get really loud. I actually traded in 60GB for 80GB for that exact reason, and I don't regret it for a second.

The thing I will say about the Dreamcast is that it knew it had noise and it fucking had it for real. It was real, manly noise that made you sit up and take notice. It was an ethereal noise, like the voice of god himself.

It may well be louder than the 360 and PS3, but the noises from those consoles are wuss noises by comparison. If you're going to be loud, do it right.

mclaren777

Xeke said:
Uh...What part about it do you like? The constant security threats? Lack of any standard web compliance? No tabs? Incredible slowness? Terrible rendering?

Or is it that you're bringing down everybody else by using it?
Contrary to what you might think, IE6 works better for the sites I typically visit. I also prefer the way it displays images, the smoothness of the vertical page scroll, the lack of tabs, and the general speed of it. I realize that this probably sounds really backwards to you, but I am telling the truth. And I have plenty of experience with Firefox (I use it roughly five hours/week at college) and I'm actually typing this right now with Chrome at work. I've also tried IE7 but I actually like it least of the four browsers I just mentioned. For me, IE6 really is the sweet spot.

But this probably isn't the thread for this kind of a discussion. ;)

panda21

mclaren777 said:
Contrary to what you might think, IE6 works better for the sites I typically visit. I also prefer the way it displays images, the smoothness of the vertical page scroll, the lack of tabs, and the general speed of it. I realize that this probably sounds really backwards to you, but I am telling the truth. And I have plenty of experience with Firefox (I use it roughly five hours/week at college) and I'm actually typing this right now with Chrome at work. I've also tried IE7 but I actually like it least of the four browsers I just mentioned. For me, IE6 really is the sweet spot.

are you satan?

spwolf

Valkyr Junkie said:
It's not listed under their account. Sony wouldn't have an "account" like a regular vendor that sells through Amazon does. It's just classified as a product by them. It's not definitive one way or another because there are plenty of unannounced and years away games and movies on Amazon that have similar "other products by" labels beneath them that link to all other products from that company.

it is not listed as another merchant/seller item, but as Amazons, and product by SCE.

You are saying i can list pink dildo as product by SCE and sold by Amazon, if I wanted it so?

spwolf

panda21 said:
are you satan?

i know it sucks to be a developer but you know thats what developers gets paid for :D.
Our new site didnt work properly under IE6 and our web devs told me that it doesnt matter as nobody uses IE6, and then I got this cool idea to check ACTUAL stats for our site and found out that around 50% of our traffic use IE6. And guess what, they got it fixed in 30 minutes, lazy bastards :D

HUELEN10 said:
Jaspers are loud, or is yours defective? I have a quiet Falcon, so I wouldn't know.
It all depends on the type of fan you get. Microsoft use three different brands. One quiet, one high pitched, one hoover.

iceatcs

mclaren777 said:

No wondering you are Mclaren F1 GTR fan. Best Classic fastest car all the time. Like IE6 and old but work simple fast.

cakefoo

agaru said:
98vn5w.gif
Ohhh my bad.

kc1ac0.jpg

JoJo13

Banned
Yuck

Glad they're ditching spidey font all together in favor of the curvey PS3 slim font, which matches the console's design better.

Crisis

Banned
Blimblim said:

I know this is slightly off topic and I'm not helping by quoting this but it's really true. If you're using IE6 by choice then at the very least get IE7/8.

cakefoo said:
Ohhh my bad.

kc1ac0.jpg

Wow Sony, how did you not go with this instead?

By completely ditching the spiderman font what are they going to do with the ps3 game cases? Or maybe they aren't ditching it and this new curvy slim font is meant to be an addition to the three or four fonts they already have.

spwolf

Dedication Through Light said:
I wonder about the "Playstation" icon. It seems to be in a different orientation than the "SONY" on that part of the case.

Weeks of speculation remain though !!!

read the fucking manual!

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom