• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

expy

Banned
JoJo13 said:
Yuck

Glad they're ditching spidey font all together in favor of the curvey PS3 slim font, which matches the console's design better.

Not confirmed that they're ditching it yet.

Besides, with all those "PS3" (spidey font) logos appearing at the end of trailers, I'm willing to believe that they will continue to use the spidey font on the slim models.

JoJo13

Banned
expy said:
Not confirmed that they're ditching it yet.

Besides, with all those "PS3" (spidey font) logos appearing at the end of trailers, I'm willing to believe that they will continue to use the spidey font on the slim models.

pretty much confirmed since we have seen pics of the PS3 slim

im willing to bet the spidey font is gone forever once slim hits and the fats are a thing of the past

ZZMitch

JoJo13 said:

im willing to bet the spidey font is gone forever once slim hits and the fats are a thing of the past

What pics have we seen of the PS3 slim?

Egmont

Neo Member
JoJo13 said:

Even on the boxes of games?

Machado said:
YEP THAT...

Happens to the best of us. ;)

JoJo13

Banned
ZZMitch said:
What pics have we seen of the PS3 slim?

102035_ps3-2.jpg

slimps3leak3.jpg

ps3-slim-4-550x369.jpg

ps3-slim-2-550x457.jpg

AAAAAnd, a movie too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6CCOTz327s

agaru

slimps3leak3.jpg

You know, I find this top-view angle shot of the core unit is weird. It doesn't give an idea on the "slimmer" concept. A side/perspective shot would look more informative and appealing, imo.

Egmont

Neo Member
Tiduz said:
I just realized, i loved that its matte

But what if the ''ps3'' letters are glossy

ughhhhhh

It'll probably be like the PS2 slim, how it has the matte finish with the glossy band going across its lower third.

In other words, not so much "glossy" as just "smooth plastic" as opposed to rough plastic.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Epic Tier 3 Engineer said:
I just realized that we'll probably have to deal with an external power brick much like the 360.

Meh.

Unless its like the second PS2 slim, which is tiny and with built in power. Its like magic.

Crisis

Banned
Epic Tier 3 Engineer said:
I just realized that we'll probably have to deal with an external power brick much like the 360.

Meh.

Perhaps not.

ps3-slim-2-550x457.jpg

If that shot is legit it appears to be of the back port bay. My guess is that the power input is the one on the far left (of the picture). If so that thing is kind of fat for what Sony usually uses for power brick stuff. Sony almost always uses prongs like this when they use a power brick:
PS2_20Ac.jpg
(Yellow color on the connector port).

If the picture I put first is accurate there's no way that's a typical Sony power brick connector port. So it could be a totally new one but I have hope that the power supply is still integrated. :D

Phreak47

carlosp said:
why in gods name? How? I mean why on this world would somone, i mean, you seem to use it by your own, you are not forced but you want to do it. I mean whyyyy? Would you sleep with a fat, stinky, ugly girl if you can have the prom queen who loves to give you a BJ???? That is what you are doing. You are sleeping with the fat ugly stinky one and dont take the prom queen.

004_pics.jpg

mojo.jpg

That's a MAN, baby!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Tylahedras said:
It baffles me to no end that you can live in a post Apple world and still make products that party like it's 1999.
It looks no worse than even more expensive CE products. It would also be boring and dumb if everyone started making everything look like some kind of Apple knock-off.

Xeke

Banned
Tylahedras said:
It baffles me to no end that you can live in a post Apple world and still make products that party like it's 1999.

I know. AppleTV looks better than all the consoles.:lol

I would like the PS3 look more if it didn't have that rectangle piece glued to the bottom.

Wollan

That's the real jaffe. Saw this earlier. He tweeted right after that it was a joke (obviously) as he's working late.

Kibbles

Geoff Keighley is following him, I think that's the real Jaffe. If it's $199, there has to be some catch. Otherwise I'm definitely getting it. Cheap ass blu-ray player that can play great games? You can't go wrong with that.

[edit] Ah yes, saw the other tweet. I knew it was too good to be true. Don't joke around like that Jaffe!

Vorador

Banned
So he's the real one and he was joking? Ooops :lol

Better bookmark that one just in case, not to mistake him again with the fake one :p

I could see a $199 PS3 with the purchase of a $3000 Bravia

Gamestop has a 149,98€ deal with two games
trading away a ps2 + five games

Il Comodino

sorry about his english
Kibbles said:
Geoff Keighley is following him, I think that's the real Jaffe. If it's $199, there has to be some catch. Otherwise I'm definitely getting it. Cheap ass blu-ray player that can play great games? You can't go wrong with that.

[edit] Ah yes, saw the other tweet. I knew it was too good to be true. Don't joke around like that Jaffe!

how much cost a Ps3 now in japan? ...becouse I think the price converted is lower than usa

onken

Il Comodino said:
how much cost a Ps3 now in japan? ...becouse I think the price converted is lower than usa

RRP is still 40,000Y I believe. Yen is still pretty strong so it works out almost 400$.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
39800 yen --> $419

not that it matters, 39800 isn't a bad price at all for the PS3 in terms of yennage.

it's the PS2 launch price at least and an abundance of second hand units - though 60 gig launch units can stretch up to 80000 yen now.

I'd expect a slim (if it exists) to clock in at the same price (39800 yen) with the fatties possibly taking a small cut - a lot of places have them reduced to 34800 too so that woudl seem about right (?)

Jay Sosa

Woah that looks stunningly beautiful! Good things come to those who wait I guess. Just gimme bc and all is forgiven and forgotten.

Hypereides

Gold Member
Vorador said:
I fell for that account once too. No more :lol

It's a fake account. That's not David Jaffe.

Its actually David Jaffe's account I believe. But question is if he's being serious or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom