• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Weevilone

They should bundle the N64 Classic with random paintings of people lined up outside GameStop trying to buy the NES and SNES Classic.

Gator86

In other news, my F5 key has literally broken after today's events. Please say a prayer for it as it journeys onward to its final place of rest.
21015275_1298707880238299_936296371_n.jpg

Nintendo-like solution

nahlakhai

I got in a thinkgeek order for the mega man bundle but I feel dirty AF. Will easily return/cancel if I can get my hands on a standalone. Anyone get a confirmation from thinkgeek yet?

Brinbe

Sigh... Had one of those thinkgeek bundles ready and when I went to checkout it sold out.

Looks like I'm just not meant to get a NA unit. Luckily I got my German Amazon preorder in months ago.

Walmart and the like really need to update their shit. Make captchas to confirm orders and once you click add to cart it reserves the order for you. Then the shit that happened today would not of happen.

_Ph03n1x_

I didn't get a email confirmation either, but I got an order number and you can look up your order here.

my order just populated on that site. was in the same boat as others with paypal and pre-approved payment but im feeling much better now that my order populated on the site.

for anyone who used paypal and didnt see their order number at checkout, go to your pre-approved payments in paypal and the order number should be there

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly I don't know why people keep suggesting lotteries. With the current system if you get one or don't it was on your own merits; if you don't get one from a lottery you just literally had nothing to do with it. You don't like autonomy?

Ayn Rand's new book: Reggie Shrugged.

muteki

Better than nothing but I'm left hoping either of my Walmart or Amazon UK orders actually ship. Target just doesn't like me and no way I'd actually catch it on TRU.

bumpkin

Wow so they're just bundling piles of unsold inventory to try and move it... just... wow...
It worked. All of the bundles seem to be showing up as sold out.

I'm not going to lie, I tried to stoop to a bundle and was going to just return the extra merch under the guise of "gifts" I received. Desperate times and all.

merits? Seriously?

You were up at the time of pre-orders going live / in the store / what have you, or you were not. You can say that because the website sold out in 20 seconds you had no chance in the first place, but a lottery completely removes your effort from the equation. I would not take that trade-off.

Top Bottom