• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Got 3 today for me + friends. I hope there are more to come for the rest of you, good luck!

YxhCJAR.jpg

This thread is nuts. I wonder how many people are even aware of what they're going so crazy over anymore. It's 21 games that are over 25 years old. There are a million ways to play them.

This thread is nuts. I wonder how many people are even aware of what they're going so crazy over anymore. It's 21 games that are over 25 years old. There are a million ways to play them.

I came to this realization last night. Have RetroPie downloaded and ready to go when my Pi 3 shows up tomorrow.

Tahnit

Banned
My boss is the best. Told him I tried getting one at lunch and they sold out in 16 seconds, told him that there are preorders at GameStop 25 mins away but I’m working. He said “ well what are you waiting for? Go get it!” Gave me the time off to run down and I got the last one thanks to a friendly GameStop employee who held it for me till I got there. Got the last one!

Sulik2

This is a non illegal way, with the real controller, Star Fox 2 and pixel perfect emulation.

BlueSteel

Man you should have stopped after even seeing a line that long.

Nah, wanna know what the fucked up part? I was originally 20th in line, but then after a wihile it thinned out and half the people left, so I was 8th.... except, they had only processed 3 preorders, and the 4th guy was takin 20 minutes (and counting)...

I'm super busy this week to fml.

I hope people make YouTube videos of themselves doing the Unboxing of Shame with these ThinkGeek bundles.

Man... fuck GameStop and their "outage." Outage my ass...

I wish that these retailers would run lotteries of some sort: allow one order per account for 24 hours. Then randomly selected winners.

This mad rush to preorder stuff is a huge pain

PatzCU

Nowinstock failed me. I think my only option at this point will be to camp overnight on launch day which I utterly ridiculous.

Such a fail on Nintendo's part. Yes, they will drum up hype and exclusivity. Yes, they will sell every unit. Yes, they will continue to ruin relationships with their fans.

To think I was even considering buying a Switch. If this SNES classic launches with low/no stock just like last year I'm totally out.

Kinda worrying that I don't have a confirmation # or any way to check if it went through. Would at least like a confirmation Email or something. :/
Does your browser history still have the order confirmation page saved? Thankfully mine did and I was able to view my order (they use this trycelery site or something for tracking pre-orders). I still haven't gotten any e-mail from TG fwiw.

I've been emulating SNES for since I started college at 17, I'm like 37 now, the SNES classic is cool.

Love my NES classic. I've got a retropie in one of those mini Sega Genesis usb hubs too, which has been fun to tinker with.

The SNES classic, like the NES classic, is just a cool retro gadget.

They have a limited means of production and are selling every unit they can produce.

I'm quite sure they could produce enough units to fill demand, if they wanted to. Even if it took a long time, I'd be fine waiting. I'd just like to put down my money and get a product, you know, like practically every other company does it. But for whatever reason, they prefer this circus where people waste their whole day fighting with scalpers for a tiny chance at their product. I don't get it.

FaustusMD

Unconfirmed Member
I got one for me at Best Buy last night, but I have two friends I'm also trying to get them for. Somehow I feel like I want it for them more than they want it themselves.

Yep, I did the same one buddy for the NES Classic and I put in more time than he did to get it for him. Godspeed, this seems even worse than the NES debacle.

You're implying my friends are Erin Bay and Payton Palston, I presume. Don't worry, I'm not evil (I sold Switches on here for retail at the cost of just shipping + me going to my local Walmart to get 'em when they were still hard to find).

Steiner

Banned
My boss is the best. Told him I tried getting one at lunch and they sold out in 16 seconds, told him that there are preorders at GameStop 25 mins away but I’m working. He said “ well what are you waiting for? Go get it!” Gave me the time off to run down and I got the last one thanks to a friendly GameStop employee who held it for me till I got there. Got the last one!

This thread needed this story. Congrats.

We have this discussion all the time, and it always results in mods telling us to STFU.

Honestly, I'm getting it because:

- Official product.
- Official games.
- Official SNES Controllers.
- HDMI out.
- Official shell.
- Official packaging.
- Officially rare resale value.

Official. Don't hate the game. It'll cost me more if I buy a device and mod it and buy two controllers and a shell.

I wish that these retailers would run lotteries of some sort: allow one order per account for 24 hours. Then randomly selected winners.

This mad rush to preorder stuff is a huge pain

Honestly I don't know why people keep suggesting lotteries. With the current system if you get one or don't it was on your own merits; if you don't get one from a lottery you just literally had nothing to do with it. You don't like autonomy?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Got an order in on thinkgeek

With that mutafucking giant mega man hat.

I mean....

fuck

Koobion

I just realized that Chrome auto complete filled in my middle initial as my first name on Thinkgeek. It was a PayPal transaction. Does anyone know if this will screw it up?

Lum1n3s

Man, was working out with my GF when she showed me her phone, she got a text from GameStop saying it was up. Went to the site on my phone and refreshed like a madman to no avail. That's when I saw a post on here showing that in-store orders were up. The gym where I was at luckily was close enough to a GS and so I called in. Guy I spoke with said they had 8 allotments and that luckily no one was there/POmbut if I wanted one to hurry up and get there if I wanted to do so.

Ended up pausing my gym session to go do so lol, when I got there there was a small line and I ended up being lucky #7 after pre-ordering it. It was a nice experience, managed to converse with the people in line while we waited. What's funny though is that there was a mom who was ahead of us with her kid who was getting Splatoon 2 and the kid overheard us talking about the SNES classic. He turned around and asked us what that was and we explained it to him, and as soon as we did he turned around and told his mom I want it lol ( he referred to it as the Super Nintendo Switch XD.) He ended up being #3 and the person after the one behind me got stiffed since she was supposed to be the last one. She was so upset too, made me laugh for some reason.

The guy got a shit ton of calls though and a bunch of people did come right after the last guy came in. Didn't think the demand would be so high for this system.

Sanjuro

We have this discussion all the time, and it always results in mods telling us to STFU.

Honestly, I'm getting it because:

- Official product.
- Official games.
- Official SNES Controllers.
- HDMI out.
- Official shell.
- Official packaging.
- Officially rare resale value.

Official. Don't hate the game. It'll cost me more if I buy a device and mod it and buy two controllers and a shell.

HDMI out ain't official.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
ThinkGeek bundles under $200 are all sold out now

Still no email confirmation for my shitty Tetris lamp bundle

Toki767

Got an order in on thinkgeek

With that mutafucking giant mega man hat.

I mean....

fuck

Why that one? lol

If I had to order one of those bundles, I would at least go for either the Tetris lamp one (which is sold out now) or the Zelda chess set + Triforce lamp.

Top Bottom