• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Hexer06

my order just populated on that site. was in the same boat as others with paypal and pre-approved payment but im feeling much better now that my order populated on the site.

for anyone who used paypal and didnt see their order number at checkout, go to your pre-approved payments in paypal and the order number should be there

Ty so much for this!! Finally able to find my confirmation # this way since I never got an email. I feel a little better about this now. Still mad I had to spend $150 to get this dam thing though. :/

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
In other news, my F5 key has literally broken after today's events. Please say a prayer for it as it journeys onward to its final place of rest.
21015275_1298707880238299_936296371_n.jpg

Allow me to pay my respects
tWZgoPW.jpg

Deacon

I'm ashamed to say I was one that got through on the TG mega man bundle. Tried to get the Zelda chess one but stuck at review order every single time...

I will likely just cancel before it ships and pray I can get it else where. That or just say fuck nintendo and stick with retropie.

TheGrue

Trying to figure out who I feel worse for...people like me that tried to get something off Target/Walmart and couldn't or people posting now that are surprised they missed it. I think I'm leaning towards people like me because we were there right as they went up and couldn't get one, whereas people posting now might think they could have gotten one if they'd been around at the time, but we know better.

You were up at the time of pre-orders going live / in the store / what have you, or you were not. You can say that because the website sold out in 20 seconds you had no chance in the first place, but a lottery completely removes your effort from the equation. I would not take that trade-off.

so the effort comes down to being able to be on a site at a random, undisclosed time, and beating the bots?

I'd rather take my chances in a fair lottery.

Madame M

Banned
It is the issue with the SNES Classic. I'm just not sure where the comparison between the two comes from, lol

Using bots to fuck people over is the common theme, not too complicated.

The only difference is the victims of high frequency trading actually lose something.

Also I'm not sure what you mean about stock being unlimited compared to SNES Classic, stock is issued and limited.

Skyline Owl

Neo Member
I give up.

I missed BB, fell asleep as 3:30 a.m. waiting for Amazon and missed that one as well. I woke up at 5 a.m. after an hour and a half of sleep and here I am 3 p.m. trying to get one from Target while nodding off, and I keep missing that one as well.

I'm exhausted.

Good luck everyone else.

Fuck NOA, this has been a shit-show.

maxcriden

Question: Do Walmarts that are open 24 hours sell new releases (like the SNES Classic) at 12:01am the day of release?

sometimes...
sometimes the people there don't want to deal with unpacking the stuff.
sometimes they don't actually get the shipment until day of ect.

Why wouldn't they? I bought my Gamecube at midnight, then again this was almost two decades ago

zulux's post above has been my experience. It depends on the store, I think. With NES Classic my local 24 hr WM wouldn't sell it at midnight, and my local 6 AM WM would sell it at opening.

So a weird thing happened. I preordered my SNES classic in store at Gamestop just fine. Got home and told my brother in case he wanted one. He sent his wife out to preorder as well. She happens to go to the same store I went to, they were already sold out, but told her they were able to buy one through the online store for her and it would be shipped directly (it was 100 bucks so i guess it was a bundle?).

But what happened was I guess both mine and my brother's gamestop accounts still have my parents' address on there. They ended up doing them on the same account (mine) it seems because I got an email about the purchase of their 100 bundle. I was worried about that somehow screwing up my order because its only 1 per household, but apparently they mentioned it already being preordered to my sister in law, and the manager said its fine because online orders count as a purchase and not a preorder, so both orders are good.

I'm still a little worried something is going to screw up, but hopefully not...

gattsu

The second I heard the gamestop announcement I ran a block away to my gamestop. Literally already 100 people in line. They had 5 in stock. Areyoukiddingmenintendo

i don't think i'm ever getting this haha, I couldn't make it there much faster than that.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I think you have like 30 days or more to return it in store
So if it does get a huge restock you can just return the entire bundle

Honestly the odds of me keeping this bundle are very low. I'd buy it if it was my only choice, but I think I will be able to get it elsewhere. I just want options.

I'm still pissed that I left my phone on vibrate last night. Everything was set up so I'd still get notifications even in Do Not Disturb, but the text didn't wake me up. Meh.

ASaiyan

Banned
Using bots to fuck people over is the common theme, not too complicated.

The only difference is the victims of high frequency trading actually lose something.

Also I'm not sure what you mean about stock being unlimited compared to SNES Classic, stock is issued and limited.
Less limited than the SNES Classic for sure, lol. Fair enough though.

If you buy the fucking mega man bundle from thinkgeek, you should automatically get first dibs on the mini n64.
And a signed letter from Reggie, Miyamoto and Kimishima that just says "I'm sorry."

Trying to figure out who I feel worse for...people like me that tried to get something off Target/Walmart and couldn't or people posting now that are surprised they missed it. I think I'm leaning towards people like me because we were there right as they went up and couldn't get one, whereas people posting now might think they could have gotten one if they'd been around at the time, but we know better.

I feel bad for all the customers. We're trying to buy a product a fucking month before it's released. We're all early birds here.

But because we missed a 15 second window at a random time of the day...

Top Bottom