• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Hexer06

hmm... still no confirmation from thinkgeek. paranoia will drive me crazy.

Same here. I only have the Paypal email. I'm worried cuz the site broke down after I confirmed the Paypal screen to place the order. No confirmation # or anything. Ppl are saying they don't charge til they ship, but I would think they would at least put a Pending charge on the card. I guess we'll see.

spad3

Bqw4MoZ.png

SNES Classic Edition Bundle:

• Comes with a giant 30ft x 30ft wood poster that has "IT'S SO CLASSIC" written across it.
  • An actual human heart and a granite pedestal JUST LIKE OLD TIMES.
  • SNES Classic Edition Console, meh
  • 2 metric tons of Potato Salad
  • Someone's grandma SO CLASSIC!
  • And a signed copy of Mein Kampf, CAN'T GET ANY MORE CLASSIC THAN THIS

$78,999

rackham

Banned
Called GameStop. They said they had 3 preorders left out of 6. Asked if they'd sell out in the five minute it took me to drive there and be said no. I drive there and two people walk in after me and get in line behind me. All three preorders gone and i got one of them

Man. I snoozed. I lost.

If anyone out there that secured extras Minis wants to help an old GAFer enjoy some childhood nostalga at a reasonable price, PM me.

Called GameStop. They said they had 3 preorders left out of 6. Asked if they'd sell out in the five minute it took me to drive there and be said no. I drive there and two people walk in after me and get in line behind me. All three preorders gone and i got one of them

Congrats on locking yours in!

Ceravic

Yep, I did the same one buddy for the NES Classic and I put in more time than he did to get it for him. Godspeed, this seems even worse than the NES debacle.

I got myself a NES Classic and then sold it to one of my friends for retail price thinking I'd get another one and never did. Hopefully this time I can just get them one as well to make sure guilt doesn't make history repeat itself.

You know, at this point, with what a cluster fuck this is, I DO believe them. I have two friends who work different hours than me and were all on the lookout for when these go up. So if they can get me one, great. If I can get them one, great. I do think a lot of people out there are doing this. Sure, some are scalpers but even one dude in here ordered 68 and he's selling them to gaffers at cost just to cut out scalpers.

Yep, I did the same one buddy for the NES Classic and I put in more time than he did to get it for him. Godspeed, this seems even worse than the NES debacle.

You're implying my friends are Erin Bay and Payton Palston, I presume. Don't worry, I'm not evil (I sold Switches on here for retail at the cost of just shipping + me going to my local Walmart to get 'em when they were still hard to find).

I do believe you, I'm just messing with you as it fits the spirit of this thread :p

I've tried all day and nothing... how are people having success???

edit: totally okay with an expensive bundle, but GameStop and ThinkGeek seem busted.

gafneo

Banned
That's bundle one. 2nd one

A garbage bin that you can dumpster dive in

A refurbished life sized Mario Kart bed

Bed sheet pack in for Disney Infinity promotions from 2013

Finger paint & coloring book pack with Power Rangers movie licsenced artwork.

Shop with confidence at a low price of $6k

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Why that one? lol

If I had to order one of those bundles, I would at least go for either the Tetris lamp one (which is sold out now) or the Zelda chess set + Triforce lamp.

Trust me, I tried all of the rest. All sold out. This was the only one available.

I will post a pic when I get this fucking hat.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Glad I got my amazon preorder when I did. I don't think I would have made it to GameStop in time and I didn't think I would have time to create a target account in time either

Audioboxer

Wait, some scummy site bundled a standalone product just to push other trash? Yeah, fuck them badly. Standalone order OOS? Yup, but here, our 5x as expensive bundled option is still in stock!

This thread is nuts. I wonder how many people are even aware of what they're going so crazy over anymore. It's 21 games that are over 25 years old. There are a million ways to play them.

I think it's less about what the product is and more about what it means. My brother and I grew up playing this system. It holds a lot of sentimental value for us and I would've loved to get him one as a gift. Plus the fact that this is the only place Nintendo has ever released Starfox 2 is hugely frustrating, considering the supply constraints.

In a general sense, Nintendo's refusal to stock products properly deserves all the scrutiny and negativity that it gets.

Sigma722

Will pal snes classic work fine in US?

I would think it would.

region locking normally works for games via systems + disks.

The only other way I could think it might be possible is through dhcp, but don't think there is anything region locking in that.

This is just box + hdmi + tv. Previously confirmed they would have the 60fps versions of the games on the pal snes classic, so that shouldn't be an issue either.

ASaiyan

Banned
In other news, my F5 key has literally broken after today's events. Please say a prayer for it as it journeys onward to its final place of rest.
21015275_1298707880238299_936296371_n.jpg

baconcow

Pre-orders at EB Games Canada were announced a few hours ago and disappeared immediately. Looks like another fight to get a Nintendo Classic console, in Canada. Also, Xbox One X preorders went up yesterday and went out of stock immediately.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Trust me, I tried all of the rest. All sold out. This was the only one available.

I will post a pic when I get this fucking hat.

Great, and I'll make sure to post a picture of the SNES classic delivered to my door 2 hours after ordering on launch day from Amazon Now for double self-esteem damage. :p

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The Evil Ryu statue is still available.

And the BOTW oil canvas art.

Those are way better choices.

TRUST ME I TRIED

I was denied. Said sold out. I would gladly take the statue! It's cheaper and more useful. Ryu is awesome, though I would prefer Ken.

The BOTW art would be much loved by my Zelda loving friend, so I would love to have it.

The fucking mega man hat is useless. I don't know what to even do with.

charpunk

Should I get the 8bitdo nes controller with the dual analogs, or the snes looking one for my Pi?

Because all hope is lost for me ever getting one of these.

There will be divorce proceedings...

"Your honor, Mrs. Smith would like to present the next exhibit... A.... (whispers)

A MegaBuster your honor."

(Husband hangs head in shame)

Returns home to play StarFox 2.... In a house once filled with the pitter-patter of tiny feet, but now replaced with Slippy croaking in 16-bit audio. His room solemly lit by a Tetris lamp...

Afrocious

TRUST ME I TRIED

I was denied. Said sold out. I would gladly take the statue! It's cheaper and more useful. Ryu is awesome, though I would prefer Ken.

The BOTW art would be much loved by my Zelda loving friend, so I would love to have it.

The fucking mega man hat is useless. I don't know what to even do with.

Wear it when you feel shame.

Hexer06

I didn't get a email confirmation either, but I got an order number and you can look up your order here.

Shit. You got an actual confirmation #? I think I might be screwed. I got the Paypal email saying I was preapproved for payment plan. But I never got the page after Paypal for what I assumed would be order confirmation. :/

Tanooki_Suit_Up

Neo Member

"Your honor, Mrs. Smith would like to present the next exhibit... A.... (whispers)

Returns home to play StarFox 2.... In a house once filled with the pitter-patter of tiny feet, but now replaced with Slippy croaking in 16-bit audio. His room solemly lit by a Tetris lamp...

Dying.

WORTH IT

One would think Nintendo would rerelease the NES mini and SNES mini a couple of years from now.

I got in on Amazon earlier. Such a shame so many people are being turned away. I feel your pain, never did get a NES mini.

Top Bottom