• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

speiky

But doesn't the Famicom Mini come with tiny controllers and undetachable cables (so can't use extensions)? Plus I think it's kinda ugly.
Yea it is. Looks wise the pal version is the best (sort of biased since that's what i grew up with), then US, and lastly the super famicom.

dGcW9XX.png
Holy crap.

Surely something needs to be done.

This is shitty for people who can't get one. I personally think the whole gaming media from youtubers to journalists need to start having a go at Nintendo. Fans need to start voicing their opinion on social media. Maybe get a hashtag started.

This is just plain ridiculous from them. This isn't special gold they handing out. It's a games console. Produce enough of them, make lots of money and stop fucking around. Would any other company pull this shit?

Wait, how are these powered? It's just USB, not a wall outlet? So using an EU one in the US is even easier than I thought?

Will to trade a US version for EU increasing...

Nelo Ice

Banned
Was at Gamestop today picking up a Funko Pop and some guy came in desperate for a SNES classic. He already knew they had none left but was asking if they knew what their allocation stock would be for launch. I imagine every store is going to have people like this desperate to find one.

Ponied up the 62 dollars for my preorder. Greedy bastards. I noticed the maximum order was 3 units per person which was curious. I Also have another deposit free pre order at another store so hopefully I'll get one. In Sweden btw.

I've given up on trying to bother getting one of these. What's the point, really? I got lucky with the NES Classic, but at this point, I'd rather just go by the original hardware then put up with this nonsense.

I have an NA and EU SNES Classic preordered. Keep 1 and hopefully some nice Gaf soul wants to trade for a NES Classic. No preference on keeping the NA or EU one.

F34R

My local walmart isn't too packed when it comes to stuff like this. I vow, any snes classic I can get from my local wal mart, I'll sell on here for retail price and ship for free to anywhere in the continental US.

My local walmart isn't too packed when it comes to stuff like this. I vow, any snes classic I can get from my local wal mart, I'll sell on here for retail price and ship for free to anywhere in the continental US.

If you do that, I'll buy one, assuming I haven't already gotten one beforehand.

Wait, how are these powered? It's just USB, not a wall outlet? So using an EU one in the US is even easier than I thought?

Will to trade a US version for EU increasing...

Every version of the console comes with a USB to Mini USB wire. The US version is the only one that comes with a wall adapter for the USB wire to plug into.

Edit - I think I may have completely misunderstood what you wrote...

lucius

Can't Nintendo just keep making them into next year then many people like me who want one will be able to get one eventually.

I managed to get one at Gamestop going in, and another one later that day using the Gamestop app. I spent a good 20 minutes trying to add to cart before it went through, and ended up nabbing a wireless SNES classic bundle.

BlondeTuna

Did stores open early on launch day for NES classic last year? I'm wondering how early I'm going to have to camp in front of Toys R Us.

Kevin

That Amazon alert email never fucking works does it?

Nope. Never worked for me with any product. Same with Wal-Mart's. Not even sure why stores have these if they don't work at all. I think one time I got an alert several days after a product came back in stock.

cordy

Banned
I missed the NES.
I got 2 SNES preorders through Amazon.
Not even going to seriously try that N64 one until some shit changes.

Idk man this is just bad business how they're doing people dirty. Nintendo's the only gaming company that this always happens to.

What's the last product that they had a great amount of with no shortages?

Top Bottom