• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

jviggy43

I missed the NES.
I got 2 SNES preorders through Amazon.
Not even going to seriously try that N64 one until some shit changes.

Idk man this is just bad business how they're doing people dirty. Nintendo's the only gaming company that this always happens to.

What's the last product that they had a great amount of with no shortages?

Wii U.

But the switch eshop will be up by then.

I don't want a switch.I want an Snes mini. The two are not synonymous to many people.

No they didn't.
Saying theyre going to ship a good amount more, is more or less saying they were trying to avoid this issue or at least mitigate it. I'm not going to argue semantics.

MRORANGE

I think Nintendo not making anymore snes classics is probably the best move forward. While people will be angry about not getting a snes classic it makes sense that Nintendo do not want to undermine their previous efforts with what they have accomplished so far. What I remember from Nintendo from my early days is a company with a strong first party line-up, enjoyable games and technical innovation. Every single time they have released a new console they have jumped to new strides, the classics on the other hand are just a nod to the past and nothing more, its not the Nintendo that it is today. Right now the snes classic has about 5< million units, by having more units it would detract the focus on the Switch by letting gamers dwell on previous Nintendo success that committing to the future. The snes classic also outselling the Wii U would actually have a detrimental effect on Nintendo and could shift policy decisions on where the company could go next. So yes the limited stock situation is probably the best solution for gamers to move on.

shira

I don't want a switch.I want an Snes mini. The two are not synonymous to many
I agree, but perhaps the minis existed as a stopgap between wii u and switch eshops, rather than a full blown retro console machine.

Nintendo profits way more selling digital SNES games and Switch consoles. Why cannibalize your main gravy train?

What's the last product that they had a great amount of with no shortages?

Wii U
3DS

Saying theyre going to ship a good amount more, is more or less saying they were trying to avoid this issue or at least mitigate it.

Even if you make the assumption that shipping a good amount more is "more or less" saying they were trying to avoid this issue or at least mitigate it, "trying" to do something doesn't mean you're saying you will do it.

Spacebar

How long did it take Amazon UK to change everyones order to 1? I've only seen 1 person report getting their amazon orders cancelled and he had like 80 ordered.

sfedai0

Banned
Its gonna be some strange irony if My EU order goes through and I never even get the chance to get a NA mini. Fucking Nintendo.

Pikma

Banned
How long did it take Amazon UK to change everyones order to 1? I've only seen 1 person report getting their amazon orders cancelled and he had like 80 ordered.
Well that's fucked up, I'm glad they cancelled those orders

To answer your question, it seems to me like they'll try to fulfill all orders, now if Nintendo underships and they aren't able to then they'll cancel some of them, but I don't think they're changing everyone's order to 1

jviggy43

Wii U
3DS

Even if you make the assumption that shipping a good amount more is "more or less" saying they were trying to avoid this issue or at least mitigate it, "trying" to do something doesn't mean you're saying you will do it.
They literally said they will ship with more, this is a stupid argument.

Dub117

After months of trying for an NES classic, that netted me an official controller and no console, I was right by my local Gamestop when the tweet went out and got SNES preorder 9 of 14. The person who checked me out said they were about to start the call list of people that signed up, but had been too busy with preorders to start yet. That means the first person called was already down to 5 left, its just crazy. I feel lucky to have one, though it is a shitshow and just crazy, I spent hours and multiple trips to multiple stores for NES classic and never got one. I hope they really do have more available in September, for the real fans.

tootie923

Interesting, my Amazon UK pre-order price must have been lowered recently. It was £71.61 when I ordered, and now it's £63.28. So it'll be slightly cheaper than getting a US one.

I think Nintendo not making anymore snes classics is probably the best move forward. While people will be angry about not getting a snes classic it makes sense that Nintendo do not want to undermine their previous efforts with what they have accomplished so far. What I remember from Nintendo from my early days is a company with a strong first party line-up, enjoyable games and technical innovation. Every single time they have released a new console they have jumped to new strides, the classics on the other hand are just a nod to the past and nothing more, its not the Nintendo that it is today. Right now the snes classic has about 5< million units, by having more units it would detract the focus on the Switch by letting gamers dwell on previous Nintendo success that committing to the future. The snes classic also outselling the Wii U would actually have a detrimental effect on Nintendo and could shift policy decisions on where the company could go next. So yes the limited stock situation is probably the best solution for gamers to move on.

That's just nonsense.

SNES classic is not going to detract the focus off the Switch. Did the NES last year? No it actually got people talking about
Nintendo again. It allows people who weren't born back then to experience the games for basically a price of the switch game.

Nobody is going to say oh I get a SNES classic, so I'm not going to buy a switch. The switch has a lot of games that will interest people.

You're right they said and intended to ship more because of a reason totally unrelated to the problem that happened last time.

I didn't say it was totally unrelated.

I just said that they never said that "this wouldn't happen again" - which was the question that started things off:

Didn't Nintendo say this wouldn't happen again lol.
Yes

And, again: No, they didn't say that.

jviggy43

I didn't say it was totally unrelated.

I just said that they never said that "this wouldn't happen again" - which was the question that started things off:

And, again: No, they didn't say that.

Shrug, the implication was they were addressing it to at least mitigate it.

Dub117

Because the people who preordered it now aren't real fans?
And like no scalpers are going to be buying from restocks?
Um no... I'm a real fan and got a preorder. Im saying I hope the stock is enough that everyone who wants one can get one without going to scalpers. I don't think it will happen, but I hope Nintendo does it right. Scalpers lost their ass on Wii U, because supply was over demand. At least make supply equal demand, for the fans. Did I say something wrong?

ReyVGM

Quoting for new page. Anyone know if the games will be playable in spanish?

They won't.

If the game was not originally offered in Spanish, then it will not have Spanish. If the game was only released in English, then it will only be in English.

That language menu you saw is for the sytem itself, not for the games.

Skeletron

Pretty sure that dude was joking.

My Amazon UK order was reduced to 1 about three days after I placed the order. Ordered June 27, reduced on June 30.

Hello,

We're writing about your Amazon.co.uk order which includes more than one Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

Unfortunately, there's been a change to the availability of this item on Amazon.co.uk. As a result, there is now only one listing for the Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System available (priced at £69.99)

As such, we have reduced the quantity of the Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System in your order to one (1) unit.

We understand this isn't what you expected when you placed your order and apologise for the inconvenience.

We hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Because the people who preordered it now aren't real fans?
And like no scalpers are going to be buying from restocks?

No ... No pre order people aren't fans. I didn't literally run to an EB to get the second last one because parking at the mall is bad. I didn't have an alert for Warios tweets and woke up throughout the night for them.

People are salty. I got the NES classic and now pre-ordered the SNES classic because I'm a real fan. And both were hard. And the endorphin rush is real

Ummm what? The Wii U is dead at retail. What does the SNES classic have to do with the Wii U?

jackuiowa

Just thinking about how easy switch and other console pre orders were makes this even more sad. I doubt GameStops will even have extras.

Cloud7

I saw you guys talk about the Amazon UK pre-orders from awhile back. Did we get 100% confirmation that they are shipping them to the people who pre-ordered from the US such as myself? I kept the pre-order just in case I missed out on a US one. I'm glad I did if they are fulfilling them.

I saw you guys talk about the Amazon UK pre-orders from awhile back. Did we get 100% confirmation that they are shipping them to the people who pre-ordered from the US such as myself? I kept the pre-order just in case I missed out on a US one. I'm glad I did if they are fulfilling them.

My order is still alive at least.

Sign me up as a potential GAF-er to sell to if extras permit, friends~ Never got a chance to play many games from the SNES era so I wanted to use this console to give it a go. The lineup seemed very solid.

Sulik2

Why don't you guys wait to see how supply goes at launch and the following weeks before claiming the sky is falling?

What has Nintendo done in recent memory involving their supply chain that would give us any reason to give them the benefit of the doubt? Their manufacturing division is either incompetent or hamstrung by a moronic board.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Why don't you guys wait to see how supply goes at launch and the following weeks before claiming the sky is falling?

Are you new to Nintendo? They are terrible at this.

Top Bottom