• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

shockdude

I ordered a Lego Saturn V back in May and had no issues. Using the same account and same card, my payment got denied twice at checkout for this before I switched to Paypal and it worked.
Ah that sucks, sorry to hear that.

Welp there goes that theory.
Regardless it's still probably Walmart's fault.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Ah that sucks, sorry to hear that.

Welp there goes that theory.
Regardless it's still probably Walmart's fault.

In my case it's a good thing, instead of getting my order canceled on me it told me in advance it wasn't working. My Paypal order is still sitting pretty, so far.

I made a couple pre-orders (for myself and my brother for his birthday) and both are still processing.

I've had the Walmart account for a long time, and during the time the preorders were up also got the Walmart "in-stock alert" email. So I have a hard time believing they would just cancel my orders or that it was some huge mistake ... they sent people who had signed up for email alerts ... an email alert.

Tevious

Wish I knew to try Paypal. That option is hidden behind the "More+" button. Three attempts to order this thing with my credit cards resulted in cancellations.

sonto340

I worked at Walmart until recently and used the account I've had since I started working for them.
Sitting on processing with no sign of cancelation. Here's hoping.

Bii

I was in such a rush to get a preorder in, I didn't think to add another to my order. Guess I'm still on the lookout for another to see if I can get my brother one.

jackuiowa

My pending charge is gone from credit card but my pre order still shows processing on Walmart website. Anyone else? Hope I'm not getting cancelled only ordered one on the same credit card I already used from Walmart.

NeOak

My pending charge is gone from credit card but my pre order still shows processing on Walmart website. Anyone else? Hope I'm not getting cancelled only ordered one on the same credit card I already used from Walmart.

That is normal.

sotojuan

Same here.

I guess I'm just going to be checking my account in the morning and once at night. No use checking any more than that.

I think if it's still processing by Friday or next Monday we're safe. If they were cancelling all orders they would've done by then.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm not 100% sure if I am keeping my pre-order, as I am a little tight on funds in September. I'll pass it on to a fellow member if I don't.

Cloud7

I'm super tight on funds so I might have to cancel my pre-order since the funds haven't been released back to me yet.

xillyriax

Did anyone get a second pending charge? The first one came when the pre-orders went live and it cleared after a day. Today I got a second pending charge.

Does this mean I'll have to wait until October 4th to know if I'm completely safe or will I find out earlier if I'm safe?

(Still processing on Walmart's website and my credit card *fingers crossed*).

So many questions, so few answers... At least I'm glad I'm not alone in this nightmare of a preorder experience.

Expect to be charged again when it ships, or just before it ships.

darthbob

How did they even get these? Did they “fall off the back of a truck” or something? Seems weird to have held on to thousands of these for so long.

A few years back they also "found" a cache of unopened Dreamcast consoles. Wish I got one then, but this sort of thing isn't unprecedented with ThinkGeek.

They would be idiots not too. Honestly they should charge $150 for them straight up no bundle, they would still sell out.

I think they would get in trouble with Nintendo if they sold their product above MSRP. Thats why they throw in near worthless high profit margin plushies and posters in bundles to make extra cash

tesqui

off topic, but heads up for folks that missed out on the NES classic

Damn, I missed it. Even though I have the SNES Classic preordered I still want the NES classic more. I already have a readily available SNES with decent library. Maybe I'll try and see if I can workout a trade.

I got in an SNES Classic pre-order at Wal-Mart a few days ago and it hasn't been cancelled

and now I got in an order for the NES Classic from ThinkGeek ????

This week was WILD

I bit on the NES classic bundle. I got the Megaman helmet/pin one.

It sucks, but I can sell the helmet, which really is the big thing buoying up the cost. I'll wait till things settle down with resells then sell the helmet down the line. The pins are harmless enough that I don't mind having them. Considering that the NES classics in the secondary market are going for higher prices than the bundle (and getting the NES classic at essentially MSRP if you subtract the other stuff) it's good enough for me.

No cancellation today, you think if they were going to blanket cancel everything they would have done it by now.

I fully believe the narrative that they accidentally put it up, but also think they backtracked on the response. Initially, they probably panicked and decided to cancel all the orders, but then stopped.

MrMephistoX

I bit on the NES classic bundle. I got the Megaman helmet/pin one.

It sucks, but I can sell the helmet, which really is the big thing buoying up the cost. I'll wait till things settle down with resells then sell the helmet down the line. The pins are harmless enough that I don't mind having them. Considering that the NES classics in the secondary market are going for higher prices than the bundle (and getting the NES classic at essentially MSRP if you subtract the other stuff) it's good enough for me.

I gave up and got a famicom mini unopened on EBay for $117 including shipping from Tokyo: it's easy enough to "convert" to English versions if you're into that sort of thing and it's so much cooler looking than the NES.

Top Bottom